AC/CoB/SB Build MP10 w/vid

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Viable build but does anyone actually farm MP10? I found that CoB hindered me more than helped me though at least with my set up. I think I'd replace it with Unbreakable Grasp for more survivability when I play MP10 for the hell of it. Haven't tried it on lower mp's but it seems like other builds would be more efficient to farm with.

I think that WD's really depend on their gear when it comes to the most efficient build and therefore every WD will be slightly different and unique in their own way, which is awesome because I can't seem to say the same about any other class so much so.
WhiteWalker View profile

Viable build but does anyone actually farm MP10? I found that CoB hindered me more than helped me though at least with my set up. I think I'd replace it with Unbreakable Grasp for more survivability when I play MP10 for the hell of it. Haven't tried it on lower mp's but it seems like other builds would be more efficient to farm with.

Its a preferance thnig, and CoB has a place in time in the build, it isnt something you go spamming (alot of ppl seem to think this) but if you watch Sayga's vid, CoB was a response to mass Melee, or things like Hulking phasebeast that do alto of damage and always on top of you. If you watch further he spends alot of time using AC/SB combo with range.

Not saying you have to use CoB but if you do, need to know the when and wheres or it will feel really ineffective. i had the same problems when i first started using it, why i asked for a post like this to start with, so i could see more accurately how it was being used.
Well ya I know not to spam it. I did what Sayga did and went to Arreat crater and faught the hulking phase beasts and they raped the !@#$ out of me with his build and my set up, although I'm not used to the build so obviously I'm not going to survive as long as him. And I have a somewhat similar gear setup as him too. The CoB didn't steal enough life from them to survive long, but honestly those mp10 phase beasts are pretty damn beastly. I really like the few variants of the build I use now, but it gets boring doing the same thing over and over, it's simple and I've been using it for the longest time, it seems to work well for my gear and play style at least. Sayga if you're reading this can you advice me on a build? I usually do mp8 with two other people and I do ok but I'm not sure what would be the best build for my gear against ALL ubers mp8.
I am thinking... I have Jungle Fortitude or bad med. to reduce dmg.
Sayga uses an undaunted ring to reduce 7% elite dmg and he can do AC to proc freeze....
These may help.

I only tried the build in mp 10 uber. Well, before that, I have to get nv stack. I did tank the elites on Act 1 and survived well. When too many monsters get around me and CoB could not steal enough life (my life simply started to drop), I used horrify and they ran away. As they ran, I shooted SB and I got my life back to full. My hellfire has over 1k life after kill, that may help too.

I am thinking to try Locust Swarm (to replace his AC). This can even steal more life combining with CoB. I should have enough mana...will see...
ya I kind of want to keep my hellfire ring on for exp. What's better Jungle Fort. or Bad Med? I would think JF but not sure.
Now I dont know if jungle Fort works...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415643020

I simply use bad med. for group games.
I'm down to play with any of you to see how your play style is and what your builds are like so add me if you want too. I'm sure it will be productive and we might all learn something new.
This one nearly went under the radar, but I must point out that post #53 clearly implies that chest hair is now a sanctioned requirement to streaming, and perhaps even using bears. Henceforth, you have all been put on notice. No chest hair, no stream, and certainly - no bears. In the event chest hair is present but not visible, the offending player will retain possession of stream and replay the act from their starting zone line.

I have nothing of value to contribute, carry on.
@sayga. The reason I jumped in and started bashing your build is mostly because your "epic fail" conclusion of bears is terribly misconcieved. You talk about dealing with many affixes yet provide very short vids. In the bear vid you just run up to the rd pack, spam bears while taking dmg and pretty much die on purpose.

No i understand completely where you are coming from, I didnt mean to make it out that bears was bad in any way - i think there is plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise. while I provided a short vid of one pack, I can assure you I wasnt trying to get myself killed. After the 4th death, maybe my patience ran thin, but thats about it.

The only thing im guilty of in that video is using bears imo, and thats on the devs. Yeah i could have throw out 1 bear (and the run in circles kiting with spiders), but yeah, i didnt think that was how you all played the build.

Frankly this says volumes about problem with WD design when every discussion seems to degrade into bears vs everything else. Other have said they see bears as a good baseline for our dmg and yet no other skill comes close when 'perfect bear micro' is used AKA stand against a wall.

So yeah as much as it annoys you when ppl down bears it annoys me just as much when ppl disregard everything that ISNT bears. I think that about sums it up.

12/20/2012 04:15 PMPosted by WhiteWalker
Viable build but does anyone actually farm MP10?

Not recommended unless you are farming for keys/ubers. However, you would be surprised how fast I can farm MP10 with 2 Wizards in party, its really not that bad.

12/20/2012 07:03 PMPosted by WhiteWalker
I did what Sayga did and went to Arreat crater and faught the hulking phase beasts and they raped the !@#$ out of me with his build and my set up, although I'm not used to the build so obviously I'm not going to survive as long as him. And I have a somewhat similar gear setup as him too. The CoB didn't steal enough life from them to survive long, but honestly those mp10 phase beasts are pretty damn beastly.

were these elites or regular phasebeasts, if elites, what were the affixes?

looking at your gear I can make some comments:
1) nice zuni set
2) you are missing around 50-100RA on your gear, which isn't the end of the world, but it isn't going to do you any favors when it comes to hulking phasebeasts, as they are prob top5 most difficult enemy (in general) in the game. especially if you dont use littany or zuni chest with elites reduction, since they have very high attack speed. i use both, the chest isnt in my profile but here are the stats:

160int
46vit
599life regen
7% dmg reduction from elites
75RA
2 OS

this chest, while low on vit (it cant roll more than 50 with those other stats), will be invaluable for pvp.

3) you have a great deal of LoH, but your initial health pool is low. my recommendation for you is to get a vile with vit instead of life %, life% doesnt help nearly as much until you hit 1300-1500vit. I would make for 60k HP at a minimum.
4) you dont have freeze. that is big. AC procs freeze, as well as CoB. SB does as well, but not nearly as consistent as the others, its almost as bad as bears in this regard. freeze combos with fear quite nicely when used properly btw, and obviously there is a big difference between 3 hulking phasebeasts having you surrounded and slicing you to pieces vs having two of them frozen and fearing the 3rd one away.
5) Use SH to regen HEALTH as a priority over BUFFING DMG. in laments terms, that means you need to SAVE SH sometimes for when you hit that critical 50% health mark, this will greatly depend on the type on monster and the affixes but will allow you to usually deal 1000% weapon dmg in total which is like a 20k health regen with one cast.
6) your scoundrel is not geared correctly. you need to add a legacy puzzle or tal rasha with cold dmg. this wont help with bats, however you should be able to lay the smack down with AC and SB much easier.

other notes:

you cannot stand in desacrator/plagued for very long unless you are completely surrounded, and even then - i dont recommend unless you have SW on cooldown and are feeling adventurous. Facetanking is possible but even that has its limits - perfect gear still doesn't make you invincible, unless you a barb. so that being the case, exercise caution when standing is pools of random crap and you arent surrounded.

use horrify, like SH, at 50% health or lower so that you can regen your health while everything runs away with SB and AC - dont worry they will come back for more. if they are frozen prior to fearing they will simply stand in place for the duration of the fear, which is a while actually.

but when facing RD, horrify should NEVER be off CD. rely purely on AC/SB to regen health when low and to do most of your dmg, unless the RD pack is melee in which case if you let yourself get surrounded, you should easily be able to regen enough health to counter the dmg you will take.

also, try throwing down several AC volleys on RD packs before you engage with Bats to buffer your life regen is always a safer way to go than just SW in. we generally dont want to use SW to engage, rather save for escaping the inevitable surround that will occur on you if your life drops below 50% health, or if you need the mana (most times you wont need any mana).

lastly, using this build allows for periods of complete AC spamming without even losing mana. most people will tell you there is no point to spamming AC since the DOT does not stack. however, the dmg itself, is actually very good on the inital hit and the AOE is 20+yards so for big packs you can use your additional (free) mana regen to cut down packs purely using AC.

@Luffy, delete some friends man! ur list is full and your request has been up for like a week now and i cannot accept cause you are too popular!

@Zekro - LOL, yeah clearly chest hair is a pre-req for being a badass mofo. see - any expendables movie. oh, and any suggestions, oh great one?

@IMP - give me some pointers on what I can tweak to make the bears video more palatable. i am always open to constructive criticism and advice, so lay it on me. I am sure you can do better than 'move faster'. I just chose to make vid using a vanilla bears spec, just to showcase the idea that gear isn't the answer all the time. obviously improvements can be made. Evilal3x uses a skorn/bears build and doesnt seem to have any problems so I am not sure that 1h mojo is the main problem there.

i think what you said about garg stunning is very valid but I find that the stuns occurs too infrequently when compared to 1 cast of AC freezing enemies, thats all. for ubers it seems to help with tanking the dmg but my main issue with Garg/Dogs and pets in general - you have no control over what is being attacked, so its not like AC where i can control what gets frozen in the moment.

and one last note:

I will be adding two vids this weekend. One will be Ubers, the other will be showcasing the build with PtV instead of SA and I will also be using a Spirit Barrage SOJ instead of litanny. i expect death, but I want to show you the VAST difference in dmg numbers on SB and CoB when you combine them with PtV and SOJ. There's a chance I may drop AC in that case but idk yet. Feel free to leave suggestions as to what would be a better skill to have than AC or perhaps Bats. I dont think that PtV will work with bears, even with RoE so that may not be an option since I lack the offhand/mainhand mana regen.
They were definitely elites, I honestly can't remember the affixes. Good advice on the play style. I usually get jumpy with my buttons and just press them out of panic and I need to learn to use them more wisely for sure. So what do you recommend I upgrade on my gear first? I was thinking it might be good to get innas temperance since I have enough LoH. I know my vile ward sucks but I think a little bit more vit isn't too big of a concern right now. I'm thinking the witching hour with freeze or a litany (which will add resistances) for ubers is my next move...
You need another belt? damn... I wish I had ur witching hour... I got 4 witching hour belts from loots I still couldn't get one with AR.

Oh wait...
One thing I found you need an upgrade now..... the hellfire ring.... LOL

12/21/2012 11:50 AMPosted by WhiteWalker
They were definitely elites, I honestly can't remember the affixes. Good advice on the play style. I usually get jumpy with my buttons and just press them out of panic and I need to learn to use them more wisely for sure. So what do you recommend I upgrade on my gear first? I was thinking it might be good to get innas temperance since I have enough LoH. I know my vile ward sucks but I think a little bit more vit isn't too big of a concern right now. I'm thinking the witching hour with freeze or a litany (which will add resistances) for ubers is my next move...
i definately would not use innas unless you really need the IAS, but you dont.

depth diggers would be one way to go if you dont need the LoH, or just a great rare one.

i think if you really want to use AC, then a freeze WH is very good and will translate to pvp... if it ever comes.
Ok I'll probably get a new WH then. I do like ac more so than other skills, should I get an soj with crit. to ac instead of a litany in that case?
meh, i think that a good littany/rare + SoJ (to swap for elites) is the way to go for ubers. you can certainly get a AC cc one if you like, or use a SB one like I do, its just personally preference.

you aren't nearly constraind with the gear choices like you are for bears build I feel. Just in that you dont actually need a SoJ at all to make it work.

I would mostly concern myself with a skorn, a freeze WH, and a solid zuni pox to complete a 4 pc set if I were just starting out.

Bracers, gloves, pants are all kinda up to each person and their budget.

what i wouldnt sacrafice in any way is RA and vit.
Ok and I'm looking at the gold auction house at WH and not sure which one I should get. Is freeze % more important than cd? Maybe you can look and advice me on which one to get for the best deal? I'll have to get a litany then and upgrade my vile ward. I plan on buying gold from the rmah for my christmas present so my budget is probably around 300m gold for upgrades; if you can help me pick out my presents that would be awesome!
i spent 70m on mine.

i would just get one with over 4% with the best stats you can find and ignore the amount of Crit dmg, cause as a skorn user that is your comparative build advantage - an excess of CD.
I'm going to get some gloves with stun too.
@sayGa and whiteWallker,
Let me clean up my friends list and add you guys... we can do some runs over the holidays.
For some reason, I wont be able to go anywhere during this xmas time.

I have been looking for a good vile for weeks... I still can't find a good one for my dog build. sigh...
Fosho Luffy. Just bought 300m worth of gold...time to go shopping!