Introduce Paragon 100 "smart" drops

General Discussion
Good idea. I wish this would be implemented
great idea

NOW is the time for a blue or dev to say "hey, this post has ALL positive responses. wow. we should implement something like this or similar to get MORE players and get players back and prevent lvl100s from QUITTing."

D3 posters with good ideas > devs implementing good ideas
Great idea!!! Hope some Blues pass this on!!!

- for pickup range, its not always a plus to have it, so don't force it on every char/built.

When is pick up radius ever a disadvantage??
12/19/2012 07:13 PMPosted by xxBarabbasxx
They won't introduce account bound items... Go play WoW...

Aren't Hellfire rings Account Bound??? lol.
12/19/2012 04:57 AMPosted by Achilleus
Last, the current itemization issues make for both gimmicky and non-RPG builds. For example, all the top-dps monks and DHs use exactly the same gear combination.

You seem to be mistaken. Under any system, all of the top players will use the same stuff. Its called optimization and its what top players do. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

When one reaches Paragon level 100, instead of getting regular legendary items, on should have a chance (equal or maybe slightly lower) to get a "Paragon 100 drop", that is an account-bound drop that uses one the char's equipped items as a baseline and then improves it.

Oh good. So now I have to reach plvl100 to be remotely competitive with these guys? How exactly are you improving it? Adding to the main stat? Adding an extra affix? These items wouldnt be comparable. So now I have to wait until plvl100 before the truly great items drop? Lol look at the QQ around this place. That would never fly.

-- Make for truly unique heroes, because each Paragon 100 drop would be truly unique, improving on an already great item in new ways. Any helm could carry IAS, or movement speed, any belt CC or CD etc. A Calamity could offer both DEX _and_ a socket. LS could belong to any item, not just weapons and Barb's belts.

Sorry to disappoint again but you're still going to see the same best items. If their baseline is the best, then improved upon they will be the best. Nothing you can do.

It honestly sounds like you've realized how long it would take you to get an awesome mempo or whatever to replace your innas or whatever, and wanted to come here an QQ. Youre still going to be crying for that mempo in your own system.
Great idea! im currently paragon 10 and what turns me off to continue leveling is the lack of a golden pot at the end of the trip... it looks so dull to do it just for magic find when the system itself os flawed because of the afformentioned gear wall. I dont feel this right now but i know i will reach the state.
This idea fixes that! All we want is to improve our character as best we can, thats the point of Diablo! With this system, we there is no "Gear end game" there is always something better out there to find!
This rewards hardcore (people that play alot) players for their time, and rewards casual players as well by giving them somethig to play for.

This only has one problem... Its not a big one but its big enough to actually cause problems again. Eventually, unless there is an actual limit in how powerfull you can get, hardcore (people that play alot) players would be face rolling MP10 and then start complaining for higher MPs.

+1
+1
Using the same logic, Hellfire rings, when crafted by a Paragon level 100 char, should replace the 35% xp affix with a useful one: 9% IAS xor 6%CC xor 50% CD. It would give players an incentive to craft new ones because a really great one would be that much more probable.

all terrible except this one

just my opinion
Good idea but not 100 lol....some of us do not have the bloody grind in us to want to hit 100 just to get 'better leggo's'. Maybe you could have increments like 20,40 etc?
12/20/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Martimus
Last, the current itemization issues make for both gimmicky and non-RPG builds. For example, all the top-dps monks and DHs use exactly the same gear combination.

You seem to be mistaken. Under any system, all of the top players will use the same stuff. Its called optimization and its what top players do. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

When one reaches Paragon level 100, instead of getting regular legendary items, on should have a chance (equal or maybe slightly lower) to get a "Paragon 100 drop", that is an account-bound drop that uses one the char's equipped items as a baseline and then improves it.

Oh good. So now I have to reach plvl100 to be remotely competitive with these guys? How exactly are you improving it? Adding to the main stat? Adding an extra affix? These items wouldnt be comparable. So now I have to wait until plvl100 before the truly great items drop? Lol look at the QQ around this place. That would never fly.

-- Make for truly unique heroes, because each Paragon 100 drop would be truly unique, improving on an already great item in new ways. Any helm could carry IAS, or movement speed, any belt CC or CD etc. A Calamity could offer both DEX _and_ a socket. LS could belong to any item, not just weapons and Barb's belts.

Sorry to disappoint again but you're still going to see the same best items. If their baseline is the best, then improved upon they will be the best. Nothing you can do.

It honestly sounds like you've realized how long it would take you to get an awesome mempo or whatever to replace your innas or whatever, and wanted to come here an QQ. Youre still going to be crying for that mempo in your own system.

This game, right now is pay to win. Many players who have reached Paragon 100 don't have great gear because drop sucks.
I think that this players need a better reward. It's frustrating seeing noobs, who payed real money, have better gear than you do. That's one of the main reasons why so many Paragon 100 players quitted this game. And that's why we're asking better drops for Paragon 100. Not only that, this would be a good motivation to players like me to continue leveling up.
I'll be for this ONLY IF all those "smart" drops become character bound. Can't trade, sell, be picked up by another player, etc. Why have it like this? Think back to launch.
This idea is stupid good.
No Bind to Account. Paragon Levels are a Reward, so you want a reward for your reward.
12/20/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Slay
No Bind to Account. Paragon Levels are a Reward, so you want a reward for your reward.

They are a reward for your effort in farming by making you more powefull! Not a monetary reward to make you more wealthy. There is enough gear in AH already, the gear you win in paragon 100 is for you only. Not flippers in AH, Bots or RMAH.

This not only drives players to play, since now there is an actual goal to achieve, either the journey to 100 and the gear farm from then on, but also remove atention from the AH and business for bots and flippers.

Until paragon 100 you can rely on AH but from then on, Farm! That is the point of this game, farm! As long as the drops are frequent then its fine.

Actually no. I could grab my Visa card and buy a CC6% Mempo in the RMAH if I really wanted one. Because I certainly never will be able to afford 2 billion gold nor find one myself.

However, I don't really want one, because I'm happy with my full Nat's set. I like to think that that's the way DH are meant to be geared up. My monk has an Inna's, my barb an IK's etc.

What I do regret is that the current itemization makes it impossible for a Nat's Sight or an Inna's Radiance to even approach the dps benefits provided by a Mempo. Sure, optimizing, min-maxing etc. is fun. However, when top monks and top DHs are geared exactly the same way, giving up on their classes' specific advantages because the itemization is such that they can't have both the dps _and_ the classes' bonus, there is an problem. You're taking the 'RPG' part out of the game entirely and build as well as gear diversity goes out the window.

Moreover, relying only on "dumb" drops, there is _no_ way that you'll be able to find upgrades after you reach a certain point. The more MF you have, the more drops you get, but their quality and usefulness are still determined by luck alone and luck is still just as dumb.

So, right now, unless you spend a lot of real money or play the gold AH all day long instead of actually playing the game, upgrades are just impossible to get in-game.

To make upgrades possible, you need a "smart" drop system to replace the dumb one currently at the core the D3 experience. And you need to make those tailored drops account-bound because the idea is not to feed the AH but to free the players from the need to use the AH.

Introducing smart drops at Paragon level 100 would be a good way to make people want to go that far. And it would solve most of the itemization problems in the game. Sure an "improved" Mempo would still make more damage than an "improved" Nat's Sight, but maybe not so much if the Nat's has gained IAS for instance. And in the end, players might find that having +20 disc is indeed a good way to enjoy playing a DH. More so than making +10% dps.

Having fun playing Diablo means finding upgrades by playing the game, not the AH. Random -- i.e. dumb -- drops make that goal statistically impossible after a certain point.

making paragon 100 close to a "must" sucks :).
man they would need at least 2 years to do that
good idea but then every item before paragon 100 would become useless =/

good thinking tho we need something at 100 for sure. hell or even every 10 lvls instead of just a little upgraded portrait.