Goodbye Bashiok Thread

General Discussion
Hey Bash,

In the name of old d2 forum readers and poster and people that had fun with you while waiting for Diablo3, i want to thank you for being witty, sometimes a little bit of a troll, and an awesome CM.

For those that don't know Bash, he is so awesome he is in the game, that's how awesome he is.

Don't forget about Sanctuary man, we might need you here! :)
Did he get fired or promoted or what? I don't recall seeing him post in some time.

edit: nvm https://twitter.com/bashiok/status/286928099050921984
Frankly, we need more CMs like Bashiok.

Told it like it is, had an opinion, gave as good as he got.

I don't want faceless, emotionless community managers who give horribly generic pre-planned responses to everything.

But oh no..a few kids here couldn't handle Bashioks responses.
Bash in the old forums was a beast, obviously the new ones he had to hold back a bit. Thing is no one cared about the old d2 forums ,so it was truly just one of us, joking with us and being awesome.
In the new forums he had to be more "corporate" but still retained his wit. Best CM in a game i ever had the pleasure to post to/reply to /get replied from.
We're thankful.
01/03/2013 02:32 PMPosted by incuGuS
In the name of old d2 forum readers and poster

everybody loved to misquote Bashiok.. ahh good old days...
Bash in the old forums was a beast, obviously the new ones he had to hold back a bit. Thing is no one cared about the old d2 forums ,so it was truly just one of us, joking with us and being awesome.
In the new forums he had to be more "corporate" but still retained his wit. Best CM in a game i ever had the pleasure to post to/reply to /get replied from.

Yes!!!

Too many people simply couldn't handle a "human" community manager.

They wanted the endless corporate responses to make them feel good.

"We are striving to improve the game in all aspects"

"We constantly listen to your feedback and act on it"

yawn
*Looks out over the sea, with the American flag flapping in the wind*

Goodbye Bash.
Still remember Bashiok telling everyone that they have unrealistic expectations about D3 then J.W deleting his post and making a public apology topic.

He was above the corporate BS and would be clear and harsh. Of course the community hated on him.