Goblin Toes - [Concept]

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 Next
Very creative. Nice backstory. I envision swarms of goblins requiring massive AOE spells, resource management and perhaps a need for plenty of a particular kind of resist. Drops and mob stats in the Realm of Greed should continued to be tied to MP.

Fights are still timed. you either have the DPS and Def to make it in set time or you don't.
Higher tiered gems sounds good but the drop rate shouldn't significantly impact their value in the market place.

Perhaps the Realm of Greed can drop something interesting and non-OP like the Puzzle Ring
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/puzzle-ring
I like it, but I can't even kill the goblins on inferno...just the other day I was chasing him and shooting him and all, but when he opened his portal I let loose to stop him from going through but the creep never flinched!
12/23/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Garm
I like it, but I can't even kill the goblins on inferno...just the other day I was chasing him and shooting him and all, but when he opened his portal I let loose to stop him from going through but the creep never flinched!

The core design behind this idea is that you can collect the toes on any difficulty. :) The fun zones shouldn't be access restricted, and the "farming" aspect of them isn't as intense as the current Infernal Machine or Pony Level staff.
Great idea! But, Blizzard seems to be ignoring us most of the time even with such an awesome idea.
Good idea! :D
How about adding a room/area that is full of chests and the player has to make a choice of which chest to open. Only one can be opened and one chest (and only one) contains a Legendary item and another chest (and only one) is to contain a rare item and if the player is lucky enough to select one of these chests they are guaranteed to get a better in slot item that one that they currently have on their character. Any other chest can give gold.

This would appeal to all characters as a correct choice will mean an upgrade.
The Blizzard guys are reading this, trust me. Its not like they arent having a hard time hearing us. They do see our ideas especially if the thread has over 10 pages.

So now that you got their attention. Why do you want this in and how will it impact the game and in the long run?
Wow great ideas!!!
"Hey blizz, you should make a new area of the game, where it uses _____ to summon a portal to ____ land, where we can slay tons of _____ and get extra bonus rewards/loot/items"
Well thought out, +1.
Great idea!
More variety is nice. Love it.
This is a very good idea. I made a post eons ago on some D3 forum kind of about the same thing. Collecting trinkets from the treasure goblins could definitely be something else to look forward to while gaining Paragon levels or farming for legendaries. However, I disagree that only collecting a single toe from each type might not be the best. Perhaps just a "Necklace of Goblin Toes" that can be made once the player has a certain number, probably a somewhat large number.
The boss you propose, "Greed", in my opinion, would certainly have to be a gargantuan goblin king of some sort who might just turn out to be trying to take over the plane of sin that lord Azmodan had once ruled over.
After whatever item is crafted, the player would need a place to go in order to summon the portal to the realm of greed. Places for this could be in Caldeum or maybe somewhere deep within Bastions Keep, which might make more sense because everyone plays in that act at end game.
If we can get an expansion in the near future perhaps this is something they would add, tying it in with story about Adria and the High Heavens and whatnot. I certainly hope that we get an expansion in the next few months or at least a set of updates on the current state of Diablo 3 and what they have planned. On IGN there is somehow a giveaway for Diablo 3 for the Xbox 360, and yet we have seen no recent news on the matter or even anything about fixing the problems in the end game. If anything, however, I hope we can get a wallpaper or short story or some sort of recognition form Blizzard " /wink ".
Something else to consider with the Puzzle Ring idea is that if Blizzard tells us anything about goblin farming ahead of time this would cause some crazy stuff to happen on the AH, which would not be ok. Hmm...I might just go ahead and equip them for now just for the heck of it xD

Happy holidays everyone!
12/24/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Riot
"Hey blizz, you should make a new area of the game, where it uses _____ to summon a portal to ____ land, where we can slay tons of _____ and get extra bonus rewards/loot/items"

Thumbs up!