Goblin Toes - [Concept]

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 19 Next
I was playing a game called Golden Axe the other day... you may have heard of it... in that game, there were treasure Gnomes/Goblins. Real original Blizzard... can't you do anything without help?
if you die in the realm of greed, the goblins should take something from you somehow.
Bump! This is an awesome idea.
I love variety! Bring on the goblin battles.
+1
Unless the reward is really amazing, I really don't want to farm goblins when I log in. Farming the Key Wardens is already time consuming since you have to collect NV 15 times for all 3 keys (assuming 100% drop)... and I KNOW where the Key Wardens are.

I don't even want to think about farming random spawns for drops.

Not sure why you'd require going out of your way to find them. I find tons all the time just farming, then you have the puzzle rings.
Unless the reward is really amazing, I really don't want to farm goblins when I log in. Farming the Key Wardens is already time consuming since you have to collect NV 15 times for all 3 keys (assuming 100% drop)... and I KNOW where the Key Wardens are.

I don't even want to think about farming random spawns for drops.

Not sure why you'd require going out of your way to find them. I find tons all the time just farming, then you have the puzzle rings.

The trick about my thoughts on this whole thing would be that as you come across Goblins in the game, they have a chance to drop a toe... regardless of your MF, NV stacks, difficulty, etc. So, while you COULD seek them out and "farm" them, it might be meant as more of a side note while you're farming other things or leveling a new character. A little spice, if you will. And yes, the Puzzle Ring makes toe farming a tad easier... but maybe less interesting if people are sitting around forcing a proc for hours.

I agree with another comment about NOT making this a hellfire ring type zone. At best, it should be a place that has lots of chests/resplendent chests, plenty of baddies, and a boss fight. On drops: I'd like to see a chance at higher tier gems (likely tied to NV stacks), but otherwise regular loot rules would apply.

Thanks again, all, for the positive feedback! :)
This post is an oasis in the desert that is General Discussion. Great job!
I agree with this concept. Even if there is no "uber" item to be found for killing Greed, it would still be very entertaining, new, and exciting. Hopefully we'll see this or something similar implemented in a future patch =]
Fantastic idea
great idea...
Great idea. :)
I support this idea!
12/19/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Scottw
if you die in the realm of greed, the goblins should take something from you somehow.

This.

Take all my crappy lvl 60 legendaries
10 out of 10 for a great idea!
This is a great idea, would add some much needed content to the game +1 for a grand idea, Hopefully someone at blizzard will also enjoy this concept and put your idea to good use!
Superb post OP!

If people aren't wild about the "toes" how about "pots of gold" that are randomly dropped instead? Or if you're wanting to stick with a body part, maybe "wishbone" or something similar.