Echoing Fury.....overrated.

Barbarian
Besides it's added attack speed and high DPS, what's so great about this weapon? Is it like a mainstream weapon like Justin Bieber?

IMO, this weapon sucks, instead of keeping mobs in one spot so you can inflict damage in all of them with one hit, you have to chase them around, just to keep WotB up, especially in coop.

I hate playing in coop with one of the class using this.

And yeah, I'm not a WW barb, been there, done that.
12/28/2012 03:36 PMPosted by happynikon
Besides it's added attack speed and high DPS,

Thats pretty much why echoing is so good. .21-25 attack speed is nothing to laugh about since it applies to both weapons.

As for chasing mobs around I have no issues with that since I am using a cold soj
It's not a BIG problem chasing mobs but it's doesn't make things efficient in killing fast on MP10 when you have to chase them alot in coop, and you know, with coop, there's millions of HP for the bosses, unless you put them in a corner.

Solo, I don't see it as a problem, but coop, it's annoying rather than a problem.

But as long as whoever uses it doesn't hit my mob that I'm smashing, I'm cool with it, but I'm in a zone of smashin and the next thing you know, that monster ran away coz the mainstream EF hit it, that's where it annoys me.
Yep pretty much the extra 0.21 - 0.25 attacks per second is amazing. Turns hard hitting maces in to quick hitting sword-like mace. Fear proc is really not as bad as people think. I WW and I HOTA smash :) WW is really the only one that is annoying but a cold SOJ solves that. Also, fear's gotten me out of sticky MP10 situations ..
I can't stand playing in parties where 2 or more people have them...mobs running all over the place. It's heavily put me off from trying one myself, but to each their own.
Its clearly the best one handed weapon for a barb. Clearly.
It is an excellent offhand. .21 - .25 is a very sexy stat.
12/28/2012 04:27 PMPosted by silverfire
I can't stand playing in parties where 2 or more people have them...mobs running all over the place. It's heavily put me off from trying one myself, but to each their own.

Yup, like I said, it's not a good thing in coop and NOT everyone has SOJ. It's like have a CM froze nova wizard paired with a seizmic slam barb, it just doesn't work.

Yeah, it works very well in solo but keep in mind that in MP10, it does more of an inconvenience rather than convenience or life saving.

So from the looks of it, EF is good for solo but not good in MP10 coop game play.
I love my Mighty Weapon.
12/28/2012 04:45 PMPosted by BigBaller

Not even close, it's the best OFF hand weapon, you need something else in the main hand, and if you are going SnB, you need CD/Socket/LS all in one, which EF can't even roll.

Still, OP is completely wrong.
Hahaha. It's fine if you can't see the value of 25% faster attack speed on your main hand weapon. Most of the D3 population passed 3rd grade math and can actually see its value, so you should really consider changing the name of your post, because it is in fact very highly rated & extremely powerful - even recognized by 3rd graders.

Let me help you out with the math with a quick example.

Lets say you get a 1400 dps 1 hander.
You Equip EF as your off hand item.
Your 1400 dps 1 hander now becomes a 1750 dps one hander.

It isn't cryptic or anything, its so straight forward. I don't see how you don't value having a 2 handed weapon dps on your main hand when dual wielding. The list of perks goes on, but this alone warrants its use.

Edit: By the way, I just looked up your profile on the armory from my dmg calculator, added .25 APS to your off hand weapon and you gain 25,000 DPS unbuffed. Just sayin.
I'm glad people that goes mp10 ubers with me likes my EF.
Hahaha. It's fine if you can't see the value of 25% faster attack speed on your main hand weapon. Most of the D3 population passed 3rd grade math and can actually see its value, so you should really consider changing the name of your post, because it is in fact very highly rated & extremely powerful - even recognized by 3rd graders.

It isn't cryptic or anything, its so straight forward. I don't see how you don't value having a 2 handed weapon dps on your main hand when dual wielding. The list of perks goes on, but this alone warrants its use.

Edit: By the way, I just looked up your profile on the armory from my dmg calculator, added .25 APS to your off hand weapon and you gain 25,000 DPS unbuffed. Just sayin.

Lets say you have a 1400dps 1 hander.....you put a dagger in your offhand with high stat stick and make sure its the last weapon swung. Your gonna be able to get a better stat stick on a dagger as well. Thats WW Spec of course.
i use a sword because 10% cc sucks and i am a noob.
Hahaha. It's fine if you can't see the value of 25% faster attack speed on your main hand weapon. Most of the D3 population passed 3rd grade math

Well, to be fair it isn't 25% faster attack speed...

Not even close, it's the best OFF hand weapon, you need something else in the main hand, and if you are going SnB, you need CD/Socket/LS all in one, which EF can't even roll.

Still, OP is completely wrong.

What point was I completely wrong? Make sure you completely point it out so I won't miss a single point.

And I just love how people respond again with numbers. SMFH. What good does it do (the numbers) when the experience in gameplay isn't smooth? Just llke how some people talked about magic find, which also doesn't work.

When I opened this thread, it's about the game play that I'm referring to. What makes the gameplay smoother? Your gear. What I described above is not a speculation, it's an experience that I went through playing with someone who has EF and for !@#$ sake, it was annoying. The discussion is as simple as that. You can argue all stats EF has on how it gives you this and that but the fact that when someone has high AS, it frequently procs the fear and good luck chasing them %^-*.

I swear, people here can't see the overall aspect of it but instead go into details and calculators and while you're at it, might as well get an electron microscope to completely examine this overrated mace.
I was kind of iffy on the Echoing Fury for awhile too, but once you try it and your damage sky rockets because of it....it's hard to not like it.
EF is only good if you have a cm wiz to freeze your mobs. solo, definitely go back to the sword/dagger

Lets say you have a 1400dps 1 hander.....you put a dagger in your offhand with high stat stick and make sure its the last weapon swung. Your gonna be able to get a better stat stick on a dagger as well. Thats WW Spec of course.

Its ridiculous how often I read this. Even more so how people just say whatever they want to believe as fact.

When you are whirlwinding, it swings your weapons in rapid succession. Meaning everytime you sprint, its a crap shoot on which weapon you swung last.

When you set your weapons up so you are sprinting on the dagger, you will only get that benefit until you ww once, which will be on the first mob you see. From then on out it is just blasting through whatever area you are in, and if you're stopping to set your dagger before every sprint, you are wildly inefficient.

And you're definitely not keeping wotb up, which requires constant spamming of sprint, so setting your dagger would do zero good anyways.
When I opened this thread, it's about the game play that I'm referring to. What makes the gameplay smoother? Your gear. What I described above is not a speculation, it's an experience that I went through playing with someone who has EF and for !@#$ sake, it was annoying. The discussion is as simple as that. You can argue all stats EF has on how it gives you this and that but the fact that when someone has high AS, it frequently procs the fear and good luck chasing them %^-*. I swear, people here can't see the overall aspect of it but instead go into details and calculators and while you're at it, might as well get an electron microscope to completely examine this overrated mace.

So, what you are saying is that we are supposed to dislike this mace because of an experience YOU went through?

I understand it can be frustrating to have things feared and running away, but just because you don't want to play WW barb, and you don't think it's great, and you had a bad experience with it doesn't mean that I have to subscribe to your school of thought.

People use damage calculators and things like that because it's an objective way to look at the value of the item....your view is subjective and can't be argued because it's well.....your opinion and you have the right to it....as well as everyone else in here has the right to theirs.