D3 revised Battlenet Screenshots! Must See!

General Discussion
Prev 1 26 27 28 37 Next
D3 is not D2. I like the user interface D3 currently has.

It would be a shame if Bliz team modify its own product based on amateur's nostalgic imagination.

your CRAZY if you don't think this would be a major improvement. even if it's just cosmetic.

face it. a major reason a ton of players play D3 is nostalgia.
Just as long as the interface doesn't expose me to anyone else playing the game, or even the activities in which they are engaged, it's fine. All multiplayer and PvP should be in a separate interface from the actual game. No player names, chat or player-named channels, games, etc. should ever be visible except in a separate interface. You should require a credit card for access to these areas to comply with the law.
I will again post on this thread with a huge big +1!!!

This is what i meant with an upgraded version of the original battle.net instead of battle.net 2.0

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/35494-new-battlenet-mockup/
I support this thred. Please, make this happen. Now
This will be huge improvement for diablo 3!

I support this with all my limbs! ....umm... well... HANDS!
/signed x million!
01/20/2013 04:40 PMPosted by plouyd
face it. a major reason a ton of players play D3 is nostalgia.
False. D2 doesn't have never the amount of players that D3 has. Not even remotely close.

I'll correct your statement:
face it. a major reason a ton of forum posters play D3 is nostalgia.

Honestly, I don't see much creativity in these mockups. While they would be a VAST improvement over what's currently offered in D3, they are basically just rehashes of what we've already seen in D2. Grats for making, them though!
01/20/2013 06:30 PMPosted by CyberGoat
While they would be a VAST improvement over what's currently offered in D3, they are basically just rehashes of what we've already seen in D2.

Funnily enough, that statement holds true for quite a few aspects of the game.
it's very amazing idea!!!!!!
01/20/2013 08:18 PMPosted by WhiteStar47
Funnily enough, that statement holds true for quite a few aspects of the game.
Yes, and I've lambasted each feature that they add the community "screams" for. Here's a few examples:

Hellfire Ring: Like it was in D2. But wait, the community "hates" this on the forums.

PvP: Duels, like it was in D2. But wait, the community "hates" this too! They scream - "There's no point! There's no score! There's no REWARDS!" ...but that's how it was in D2!

Nephalim Valor (for "permanence") - Now receives complaints. People complain about the "economy" and how items are "worthless" due to increased rare drops. 800 dps 1h'ers aren't worth much these days, but in 1.03, they were god-like.

Gems: Prior to release, there were many vocal threads about the cost of combining gems and their rarity. Devs caved and made them drop to tier 7 as well as increased drops. Guess what? Everyone and their mom has radiant star gems now. They barely sell above crafting cost.

Level 100 (Paragon): Now gets complaints because it's nearly meaningless and "too hard" of a grind! ROFL! Threads asking for it to be account shared! LOL! Seriously, devs give players an inch, then they want a mile.

It's my opinion that the more features from D2 that they integrate, the more the game backslides. Diablo 3 should be it's own game, and stand on it's own. Diablo 2 stood on it's own, away from Diablo 1. There was much disdain when Diablo 2 came out and was vastly different than Diablo 1 - yet Diablo 2 stuck to it's guns. The same should hold true for Diablo 3.

People are going to complain no matter what you do. Make it Diablo 2.5 HD? COMPLAIN! Make it Diablo 3? COMPLAIN. Might as well just make it Diablo 3, suck up the complaints, and design the game that the devs want to design. Players will play... or not. But from my experiences, they play (despite the rage bandwagon).
bump +100
It's never gonna happen guys...
i like just think version 4 while its the best needs to have public games expanded and shifted to the right corner like the chat box on the left. Then it would be perfect and functional.
12/18/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Lylirra
Thanks for passing these on!

TRANSLATION:

Thanks for expansion ideas!
One of the Best replies from CM =D

Thanks for the patience with us!!!
lobby?