Is there any point to farming higher mp?

Wizard
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
How the heck are you doing any mp in 8 min?

I assume core, tower, crater 2, rakkis and loop feilds, keeps 2, sky. right?

I have to recharge MW/stormarmor plenty of times like 8 x 240 seconds thats 32 min at even mp2. I think some ppl exaggerat times.

I haul butt too, never stop, never lose archon - unless i click off it to recharge passives - with 24ms + TP + scramble. show me 8 min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-6wqqZfdKw

And this guy only has 300k dps. Even a good WD (the slowest class in D3) can do alkaizer in 8 mins.

Alkazier runs dont include skycrown, but since Ximae skipped crater2 I reckon the clear times should be similar, maybe add a minute to that but 9mins is still much faster than 30mins.
if thats alkaizer i dont like it. only half keeps 2, 1/3 crater 2, no rakkis, no sky. Seems like ur leaving a lot or target rich environments out when you have full NV stacks but whateves.

BTW that video show y'all why archon is way to fly tho for you doubters.

<die hard CM
yeah thats sort of how i run the blizz spec, but thats just for xp... nonstop action. i run differently for loot, full of clear keeps2, switch crater for rakkis and add skycrown.
Is that you ximae? If so why mp1 @ 300K? I do mp2 at 265K everything melts just as fast so may as well get that little MF bonus..
i dont stream or have any recording software but maybe some othe cm can.

is there any free soft for this thats not gonna lag me too much? if answer is yes i might give it a shot.

btw im nowhere near 200k dps, just 140k.

MSI afterburner has a great utility for recording. It's main purpose is as a graphic card overclocking utility. It is totally free.
Well I think he did the right thing, you will run into a dead end in keeps 2 at times, sometimes you wont but the key is dont ever backtrack because time wasted backtracking (not killing anything!) will offset whatever kills you gain from exploring the other dead ends.

Anyway this probably isnt the fastest way to clear MP0, I'm sure its possible to go faster with Blizzard/scramble/teleport.
probably i just hate letting NV stacks go to waste in keeps 2. prolly need to rethink that but rakkis and sky is a most definite a do for us, linear, tight quarters, high density - archon field day. Seems like hes doing more a exp run rather than farming IMO.
How the heck are you doing any mp in 8 min?

I assume core, tower, crater 2, rakkis and loop feilds, keeps 2, sky. right?

I have to recharge MW/stormarmor plenty of times like 8 x 240 seconds thats 32 min at even mp2. I think some ppl exaggerat times.

I haul butt too, never stop, never lose archon - unless i click off it to recharge passives - with 24ms + TP + scramble. show me 8 min.

Some people are not honest with times, I am sure. In archon running mp 4 I would do

Core of arreat
tower level 1
arreat crater level 2
rakkis crossing
fields of slaughter
keep depths level 2
stonefort to the warden

This takes on average 19 minutes and yeilds 20m exp.

For speed exp earning I do the following in mp 0 using the blizzard build you see in my profile.

Core of arreat
tower level 1
arreat crater level 2
rakkis crossing
fields of slaughter
keep depths level 2

My last 5 runs have averaged 10.5 min with a total of 15m exp earned per run.

Lot's of great info in this thread. I have taken rulererics advice and gone back to fast tracking my paragon leveling for max mf. If I can maintain 2 hours a day of playtime, I should hit 100 in the next 5 to 6 weeks. Then I think it will be gear farming as a cm wiz in mp 8 since most seem to share the same thought that it is probably the best for drops.
yeah ur killin it. I did all mine the hard way. no EXP gem no leorics. oh well i got nothing but time lol and in no hurry.
Honestly, I'm thinking it's not ideal from a pure 'efficiency' standpoint. It's just a bit more challenging, and it certainly feels different to play in higher MP, so it's nice as a changeup from snoozefest low MP grinding

If loots/exp/killspeed is the main goal, then probably no point to farming higher MP :/
12/28/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Aimless
Is that you ximae? If so why mp1 @ 300K? I do mp2 at 265K everything melts just as fast so may as well get that little MF bonus..

nope not me, i was just comenting that that fast no backtracking style is how i do xp runs not loot runs.
12/27/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Aimless
No point. Nothing beats time multiplier. MP system is retarded. Should halve the HP and double the damage then it would be worth it for those who could survive.

yep i think this is also the problem with high MP's , the Hp's are ridiculously high, it doesnt scale much
so i farmed mp 8 all day yesterday and mp2 all day today. 2-3 legs for run each one but one yields a page of legendarily other 1/3 page. anecdotal ofc but i still believe nothing beats time multiplier vs extra 20% or so on top of my paragons 300% faster vs 20% more MF. no brainer

not to mention gear is cheap as hell. shoulders 300k, chest 2m, boots found, 50k hellfire ring, wand 60m. you could do even better if you spec pure archon but im using some of my cm gear too.

Try and build a mp8 compitant farmer for less than 1b.
MP8 -- 18 level 63's -- ALL !@#$. My advice if you expect to profit? > quit now
12/29/2012 06:00 AMPosted by DethAxe
MP8 -- 18 level 63's -- ALL !@#$. My advice if you expect to profit? > quit now

all it takes is one
I kept hearing sky area in A3, may I know where exactly it refers to? Thanks
Idk fellas. I'm running Alkaiser + Stonefort + Rakkis in MP8 at 34 minutes a run (including the 2 minutes to ID and sell)

In vid they did 8 minute MP0, add the two areas and I'm pretty sure an scramble wizard is limited to around 12 minutes to physically travel that run.

So the question becomes is MP8 > 3x loot on MP0.

Personally I think it is. You practically get 3x as many drops from the bonus items, and then a boat load more of them are yellow from +200% MF.
The trouble Shand is say I do MP 2 as fast as mp 0 when I put my DPS to 500 k so really does mp 8 =3 times mp 2 that is a much easier question to answer.
12/29/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Lilspark
The trouble Shand is say I do MP 2 as fast as mp 0 when I put my DPS to 500 k so really does mp 8 =3 times mp 2 that is a much easier question to answer.

This is the obvious answer yeah. Hes using teleport archon though. If someone can buff to 500k+ and do MP2 at that same speed (MP1 is only 1% bonus items, so I consider it MP0 loot) than they would probably be out-looting me.

My dps is nothing special though. There are only what, 30-35 wizards buffing past 500k right now in america.

So can a 350k dps archon using teleport not improved do MP2 at that same speed as in vid? I think they would start slowing down, but I can't be certain.

Idk, I think its a wash at best, dont think I'm winning any awards at all. But to say there is no point to higher MP is going way to far. I love MP8, and for most SNS, MP7 will match the loot they would get by throwing on a skorn and doing MP0 archon speed runs.

Which does make me a little foolish not rushing p100 first in low MP then coming back to this spec, but I enjoy the play style too much now.
Idk fellas. I'm running Alkaiser + Stonefort + Rakkis in MP8 at 34 minutes a run (including the 2 minutes to ID and sell)

In vid they did 8 minute MP0, add the two areas and I'm pretty sure an scramble wizard is limited to around 12 minutes to physically travel that run.

So the question becomes is MP8 > 3x loot on MP0.

Personally I think it is. You practically get 3x as many drops from the bonus items, and then a boat load more of them are yellow from +200% MF.

I dont understand how you are getting 3x as many drops on MP8. The additional chance to get a bonus item is only 71% on MP8, so assuming every single mob can drop a bonus item (which isnt true) you will at best get 1.71x more items on MP8 compared to MP0.