[GUIDE] ikigai's 100m EXP per hour barb.

Barbarian
This is just normal Alkaizer Route but with added Rakkis to it -.-
Good build. Some tweaks that work for me:

- 5 pc IK set. I've enough DPS to kill everything fast, and enough EHP. So this set gives me more fury and that's a great thing for this build.

- Rend - Ravage instead of Bash. I almost never use bash, so I just put rend. Only used vs elites and some big packs in keeps 2. I like to have rend when I farm XP since I read Uberjager thread & method with rending packs in Keeps 2

- Schaeffer's Hammer with 50% proc chance & 190% crit damage. This is my fav weapon for low mp farming. Use it once you have enough DPS so you don't lose time by equipping this baby. The proc is insane. Massive AOE damage, high uptime. VERY GOOD synergy with Merciless Charge, you charge in a pack, and if some mobs survive, the hammer proc will finish them off.
Good build. Some tweaks that work for me:

- 5 pc IK set. I've enough DPS to kill everything fast, and enough EHP. So this set gives me more fury and that's a great thing for this build.

- Rend - Ravage instead of Bash. I almost never use bash, so I just put rend. Only used vs elites and some big packs in keeps 2. I like to have rend when I farm XP since I read Uberjager thread & method with rending packs in Keeps 2

- Schaeffer's Hammer with 50% proc chance & 190% crit damage. This is my fav weapon for low mp farming. Use it once you have enough DPS so you don't lose time by equipping this baby. The proc is insane. Massive AOE damage, high uptime. VERY GOOD synergy with Merciless Charge, you charge in a pack, and if some mobs survive, the hammer proc will finish them off.

definitely way easier with IK 5 set bonus :)
12/24/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Edi
This is just normal Alkaizer Route but with added Rakkis to it -.-

Yes I did mention it was Alkaizer route, difference being rakkis + not clearing the entire fields of slaughter
This is very old information and was already covered in detail a long time ago.

Farming MP0-1 dropping WOTB for Rend is the best setup for experience and legendaries. Rend is extremely powerful and allows you to quickly drop elite packs on MP0-1 depending on how much DPS output you have on your barbarian.

You can run the routes faster at lower MP and the more elites you kill the better chance at finding legendaries.
This is very old information and was already covered in detail a long time ago.

Farming MP0-1 dropping WOTB for Rend is the best setup for experience and legendaries. Rend is extremely powerful and allows you to quickly drop elite packs on MP0-1 depending on how much DPS output you have on your barbarian.

You can run the routes faster at lower MP and the more elites you kill the better chance at finding legendaries.

I do not think anyone has came up with my build yet, I have not seen at least, and i do not recommend rend, as i feel handicapped without bash, i can drop elites with 1 bash though. so it is personal preference
bump
I'm liking this. Thanks for sharing.
12/29/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Adeimantus
I'm liking this. Thanks for sharing.

thanks for liking :)
bump
bump
bump
hi ikigai.. thanks for this wonderful build.. i left my barb untouched for a while because i got bored of running mp5 all the time which takes a long time to finish.. the moment i saw the speed farming builds of the other classes, i got addicted to it.. i thought barbs are not meant to do mp0 runs but i guess they can.. anyways, i'm just wondering if HOTA is needed to speed up the clearing time of high density mobs or is the build perfect as it is?
01/18/2013 10:35 AMPosted by youngadik30
hi ikigai.. thanks for this wonderful build.. i left my barb untouched for a while because i got bored of running mp5 all the time which takes a long time to finish.. the moment i saw the speed farming builds of the other classes, i got addicted to it.. i thought barbs are not meant to do mp0 runs but i guess they can.. anyways, i'm just wondering if HOTA is needed to speed up the clearing time of high density mobs or is the build perfect as it is?

The build is perfect as it is if you're not using IK 5 set.
For barbs with approx. 200k unbuffed dps, you can try my build.

It utilizes unforgiving, 5pc ik set and a skorn(no ls needed). I also have extra 20pickup.

Skills - bash, ww, sprint, battle rage. The difference will be overpower:momentum and warcry with any rune that suits you. No wotb because of uptime issues.

Route - core, tower 1, keep3, keep2, fields, crater2

Runtime of approx 10mins, gold pickedup per run: ~150k
Could not get average exp as i'm already 100, but i believe it is high.

All you have to do is sprint pass the trash mobs,spin into packs, and overpower to fill up fury to sprint to next point.

Edit: saw the video, wow totally missed out on the potential of furious charge
nice trying it out
THis is pretty nice build, thanks for this ikigai!

I have tried using a HOTA instead of bash to quicken the time taken to take down elites and it has been somewhat working. I used my skorn in conjunction and at MP2 I was sometimes 1-shotting elites.

Of course the downside is im getting less ticks and less fury from RLTW but the IK set, charge (with fury regen), and overpower momentum help to alleviate those fury issues.

What do you think? Have you ever tested this before?