Rate the monk above you, Part II

Monk
Prev 1 2 3 4 25 Next
@Stripes

Not bad at all! Im impressed, I dont see anyone use a skorn without a TR build! I would say maybe toss the inna's chest for tal rashas for the IAS and the belt for witching hour
@Ghost - 6/10

Nice set-up, but it's all relative. Guys like us can't compete with most Monks on these forums these days!
i'm fairly new to the monk but your gear looks pretty good for a all around build

5/10 @ TexaStranger
@Shizzler

for being 'fairly new' you're doing pretty damn well!! Maybe toss your chest for a Tal Rasha's for the IAS. Other than that, keep rockin brotha!

@Texas
Thanks man! I am testing out S&B
Its pretty damn awesome! I hardly die! haha
Id toss your boots ad ring for Nats ring and boots for the CC Increase. and the way I look at it, the 4pc Innas isnt worth getting if you arent going TR, unless thats absolutely better than anythign else you can get
@Shizzler

for being 'fairly new' you're doing pretty damn well!! Maybe toss your chest for a Tal Rasha's for the IAS. Other than that, keep rockin brotha!

@Texas
Thanks man! I am testing out S&B
Its pretty damn awesome! I hardly die! haha
Id toss your boots ad ring for Nats ring and boots for the CC Increase. and the way I look at it, the 4pc Innas isnt worth getting if you arent going TR, unless thats absolutely better than anythign else you can get

You have good gear, but I don't know why you're using owe. You aren't stacking any single resist; the only single res you have aren't matched.

7/10
@Menso

I couldnt tell ya haha, just threw it on for the extra resist :p
you're not doing to bad! Without changing up all your gear, Id say aim for a witching hour or a lacunis and see what happens there
@Shakyspear

Your DPS could use some upping. Nats boots with a solid nat ring over the Litany could go a long way. Same with a MH weapon Upgrade.

Im looking to finish getting to MP10 farming for keys. MP8 is pretty doable only really have issues with certain/multiple packs. Thanks :-)
@MensoDummy
7/10

probably better gems for easy dmg upgrade, nat boots+ring for the set crit bonus and thats about it, otherwise nicely done.

For myself, I am getting owned in trying to solo mp4 uber. Any advice what to do next fellow monks? Greatly Appreciated!

Edit: of course I don't use a ruby in my helm or that hellfire ring for ubers lol.
@Ghost. Nice sustain setup. Have you tried dual welding. I'm a new monk..any sugestions would be great!
Wow lots of activity on the thread. Suggestions for me would be much appreciated :-)
@MensoDummy
7/10

probably better gems for easy dmg upgrade, nat boots+ring for the set crit bonus and thats about it, otherwise nicely done.

For myself, I am getting owned in trying to solo mp4 uber. Any advice what to do next fellow monks? Greatly Appreciated!

Edit: of course I don't use a ruby in my helm or that hellfire ring for ubers lol.

Nats boots+ring is next on my list =)

As far as advice, I think you need more res. Your armor is fine; how much resist do you have in the gear you use for ubers? For comparison, I'll do mp6 runs in the gear my profile is showing now.
around 520ish all resist , i can farm mp5 fine, but just not... ubers...
@ villen, Nice monk! Maybe look at getting some more AR, HP... Also have a look at my EF/Nats ring for some reasonably priced dps upgrades
@Darkstrife
Nice, solid, well balanced monk... Nice gloves! Consider dropping 4 piece Inna's for a dual wield build, there are much better DPS and EHP combo's and the 3 and 4 piece set don't do much unless you have a TR build. I want a littany :/
Im so naap that i wont rate the monk above...

My idea is to have a functional tempest rush monk for mp0/1 but im realizing its dificult to run either mp0/1 with my build...
are u having to dbl lap on some trash rCzor?
cause my dps in my tr setup is the same as urs and i dont even have an soj,
personally i find 7-sided kills elite packs just fine, its one-shotting trash that is the problem
the best way to add dps for u will probably be ur ammy or gloves i guess

for my setup do i need to improve my mh, im guessing 2.4 ls isnt enough?
@rCzor

TR monk with over 100K DPS not to shabby. Solid pieces even have TR crit on SOJ and what not. Prolly just LS on Skorn but not needed in low MPs.

EDIT 2: The reason why BruceLee is dying is because your life total is only 26K. Try bumping that up to 35K+ closer to 40K for low MP farming with no LS.

EDIT 4: The amulet will only help a bit since SW does not proc LOH its best to have LS on your weapon. However, any bit will help but mainly get your Life up a stat!

EDIT 5: You can change one item to get better Vit, get bracers with 150+ Vit and as for the Skorn you can also shoot for Life on Kill Skorn for more bank for the buck since you will be slaughtering mobs in MP0

8/10

EDIT: @Phantom

Using set pieces to gain their bonuses, very beneficial, especially the eHP pieces. Prolly move up to a cc Nats Ring for more cyclone production and DPS upgade and perhaps a Vile Ward to up your Armor and such. MH can use a DPS upgrade but your mods are pretty awesome. Perhaps an 1100 DPS EF with socket and Dex/Vit Roll or LOH/LS for OH to up your DPS.

Overall well balanced mid tier monk.

7.5/10

EDIT 3: Yeah Phantom my Life Regen, LpSS and LOH with high ATK Speed make up for lack of LS running MP8+. Also mitigation is the key for any type of sustain to work properly.
Then i dont know why im having so many problems farming at mp0, also die some times... Thanks anyway for both posts mates.

@CaptainCarl awsome monk. damn!

Edit2 : CaptainCarl should i get a amulet with loh?

To ump my vitality to 40k i would have to upgrade alot of parts, should i try to get a skorn with ls? im really low on gold :(
oops rCzor didnt notice u have no sustain at all, im getting by with the loh on my hf ring, u can also do lifesteal on skorn or life after kill (skorn or ammy), if u check druins compendium i think the needed life after kill amount is over 2000

@CaptainCarl thats a very nice monk im gonna say 10/10 cause im guessing ur lpss negates the need for life steal?
@Steel
Well you definitely dont have probs staying alive it appears lol. Maybe grab some VW to replace your rares. With almost 50k life, its safe to replace your vit gems in chest with dex especially since youre not even using an ame in your helm which prolly does boost you over 50k. nice monk overall. 8/10