Seven Years in Sanctuary

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 158 159 160 225 Next
games sucks its nothing but one act 500 million times
awsome 7 year project
hawkeye just kidding,
Last time i posteda construtive criti against a cm they banned me for 3 days!, they hid behind code of forum to delete posted thread that was proper criti of d3 and i replyback to the cm not to be childess and use those code of conduct just because players are posting thread that gave a very critical constructive criti of d3 and where it is heading. S Hawkeye dont tell me how to post thread properly, i have posted thread properlyand professional but when the CM under the helm of Jay Wilson are so unprofessional of their conduct they are no other way to post a thread than to use what they use against repectable posting!
-
I guess that's why they're pro's right Droth? THey can see constructive vs "sewage"? JW lashed out at DB & unlike forum users, his job requires better of him. If you are going to call the diablo originator a __ loser, & ignore countless thoughtfull threads, you had better release a game that is more fun than it's forums.
-
My friends and I played Diablo2 LoD for a few years, they left Diablo 3 only months after launch...
Add to this all the hype & promises made by JW at blizzcon 2011. Yeah fans are upset, classifying consumers feelings as "sewage" is the kind of thing that has poisoned acti/blizzard from the top all the way down to it's forum mvp's imo.

Way to twist everything I just said into an attack on someone.

I'm not attacking anyone. I am simply just stating that I find it harder and harder to come read anything here because most of what I see here is garbage save the few shining examples of constructive criticism.

The bottom line, the direct attacks on Jay Wilson, or any Blizzard Employee for that matter is completely uncalled for and does NOTHING to make this game better.

If you think attacking someone will help improve D3, you're delusional. Disagree with their decisions all you want. In fact, I ENCOURAGE civil dissent. Right out defaming Jay does NOTHING to address your concerns.
The internet really scares me--you may not agree with Diablo III's design direction (I myself am pretty dissatisfied with item affixes) but that doesn't mean it's acceptable to be cruel.

On the topic of Jay's post: this post has actually rekindled my interest in the game. The best way to show a customer that you care is to make the hard choices to steer the product in a better direction.

I think it's pretty big of Jay to know when it's time to move on and maybe let someone else take the reins. Part of being a strong person is knowing when to throw in the towel.

But if anything reaches Jay or Rob Pardo's desk please let it be this:

For every cruel, hateful anonymous poster there is a dedicated fan, someone who believes in the game you created and wants only for it to be as good as it can be (like you surely do). Don't let your attention rest too long on the insulting posts and offensive comments--I believe it can do real damage to your enthusiasm for gaming.

Keep making and supporting great games--we know perfection won't happen overnight, but
we know that you guys can get pretty darn close.

^

Don't be silly, I wouldn't label you as such just for simply disagreeing.

I also don't disagree that there is quite a bit of constructive feedback on these forums. However, that feedback is grossly overshadowed by the immense amount of backlash towards one person.

Please don't take this as a trollish statement, as it is not intended to be... But consider this analogy.

"A drop of wine in a barrel of sewage, is still sewage. A drop of sewage in a barrel of wine, is also... still sewage."

My band director told me that once... Now of course, he was talking about music, but that statement still holds true here.

There can be tons of positive and constructive feedback, but it can be contaminated with that single poster who goes out of their way to act like a jerk.

It's kind of like that drunk guy who's being obnoxiously loud at your dinner party. All it takes is 10 minutes of that guy to spoil your evening.

I imagine myself to be a violinist who tell my band director that there is LARGE room for improvement, but in return, I was accused of being a loser (David Brevik), and the entire band as sewage.

I think Blizzard treats the community better than in this analogy ;)

But we can all agree that it all started from a neutral criticism - there is LARGE room for improvement.
-
I guess that's why they're pro's right Droth? THey can see constructive vs "sewage"? JW lashed out at DB & unlike forum users, his job requires better of him. If you are going to call the diablo originator a __ loser, & ignore countless thoughtfull threads, you had better release a game that is more fun than it's forums.
-
My friends and I played Diablo2 LoD for a few years, they left Diablo 3 only months after launch...
Add to this all the hype & promises made by JW at blizzcon 2011. Yeah fans are upset, classifying consumers feelings as "sewage" is the kind of thing that has poisoned acti/blizzard from the top all the way down to it's forum mvp's imo.

I'm not attacking anyone. I am simply just stating that I find it harder and harder to come read anything here because most of what I see here is garbage save the few shining examples of constructive criticism.

The bottom line, the direct attacks on Jay Wilson, or any Blizzard Employee for that matter is completely uncalled for and does NOTHING to make this game better.

If you think attacking someone will help improve D3, you're delusional. Disagree with their decisions all you want. In fact, I ENCOURAGE civil dissent. Right out defaming Jay does NOTHING to address your concerns.

droth. the problem isn't that the attacks on a person is wrong. the problem is this issues was ignored when jay was doing it. this is why that everyone is still so upset. not a single one of you stepped up when jay made countless attacks at the customers. for you guys to understand why we have this mess you need to understand how jays actions created it.

if you don't recall any of it. just look at the rainbow t shirts. or the pony level. both was made to mock the customers. how is that acceptable. yet no one had a problem with this. but people want to be shocked about this backlash. you guys are only shocked because you have no listened to what people have been saying. and sir i am not really directing my comments at you. i am speaking to you but most of the times i say you i am meaning blizzard not really you droth.

jay has mocked the fan base for a while telling us how much better his way is. wel when it failed how can you not expect him to get it back

really all it takes is blizzard to admit they missed the mark 100% an tell us how they will fix it. they tried that but then didn't fix or really address the problems. if they say the core is to damaged to be fixed till a expo that would be fine. as long as we knew it was being corrected an done the right way this time. we can make a huge list of what we want in this game if blizzard would talk to us and listen. the skill system needs to go. rmah needs to go. get them to sit an talk with us. but we want real answers not pr bs trying to defend a game that everyone knows failed.
If they want an improvement in the community the first thing they need to do is hire someone with heavy PR experience, someone that will relate with the community and keep up with atleast some of the general concern's of the fan base. The position that Jay is leaving needs a bandage person that their PRIMARY roll will be getting the game in lines with what the fan's want as well as being vocal with the community on what is in the works for the game.
-
-

Hiding behind the computer screen gives complete anonymity, thus people become harsh with their words. These people attacked and insulted Mr Jay, simply because almost everyone else in this forum is, that's their purpose of posting. I'm guessing he couldn't handle the stress of giving everyone's ideal Diablo 3 game, just look at how bad the community has devolved.
drunkie is right. killing cain, the pony level, making diablo a female, ect. are pretty much slapping the fans in the face. his comments against brevik and telling us our fun with d2 was an illusion are overkill..
I'll chime in here by saying that I think the game was about as great as I expected it to be. I'm generally not a huge fan of dungeon crawlers, but I bought Diablo 2 all those years ago and enjoyed it, and did the same for Diablo 3. Neither game had a huge amount of longevity for me, I tend to play them in bursts and then move on to something else, and I really think that's a better was to play D3, rather than grind endlessly for a chance at great items.
01/19/2013 07:30 PMPosted by drunkie
if you don't recall any of it. just look at the rainbow t shirts. or the pony level.

You were offended by the pony level?!

Ha!
Here's my take on thenew director
Wyant Cheng

That's because those "millions'' and "90%" are bad players like yourself that jump to the newest play station and pokemon games that jump onto the newest game wagon.

Good, then stay there.

haha so we are bad players now cuz we don't agree with your view. your childish comments really explain why you like such a dumbed down baby game

Never once did we ask for it to be nerfed. We just asked for them to correct some balance issues especially with sence RNG and how broken it is.... Anyways i assume hes one of the people that did not understand what made diablo 2 so good. Fyi to make a great game doesn't mean it has to be shinny graphics.
D4 (if it's even viable) will sell poorly.

Many, many people will see what Jay Wilson and Blizzard did to one of the great franchises in gaming and will not be burnt twice.

Hang your head in shame, Blizzard.