Seven Years in Sanctuary

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 202 203 204 225 Next
01/22/2013 12:37 AMPosted by Hugo

That's your, and blizzard problem. Stop thinking you're the best because of what blizzard has done in the past and because you pat each other on the back and say "we work for Blizzard WE MUST BE AWESOME". Like a bunch of Hollywood elites that give each other awards in lavish ceremonies to movies that bombed at the box office because they were "well done", while passing up the blockbusters.

Stop being obsessed with "your vision for the game" and fighting us and arguing with us every time we bring up an objection to something you did or propose. This may come as a shock, but we know what we like, better than you do. And you, and your blues, coming into the forums to "better explain your design philosophies" does not help. As if we are all bunch of idiots and the reason we don't like or agree with your design is because you didn't explain it well enough for us rubes.

You say Jay is awesome and one of the best. Well you know what, the Diablo community by in large, disagreed. Diablo was sold on D2 and blizzards reputation alone. And really, we should have all seen it coming that this game was nowhere near ready for release. Giving it away for free with the WoW annual pass? No leveling past 20 in the beta while claiming it was to preserve the story? All bad signs. But we trusted you.

Here is a huge tip. And you are not going to like it one bit. But you want all the diablo community who swore off you and blizzard to come back? Coupled with the redemption of the diablo series and a huge restoration of faith in blizzard? When, and ONLY when first expansion for diablo 3 is ready........release it for free. As a free upgrade to people who already had diablo 3 and as a free expansion for people who buy D3 new. No gimmicks, no strings, not bundled with whatever the 3rd installment of starcraft is going to be. Free.

Well said. Get off your high horse Blizzard.

This really hit the nail on the head. Sorry BLizz, its true
01/21/2013 11:35 PMPosted by Herethebeef
I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best.

That's your, and blizzard problem. Stop thinking you're the best because of what blizzard has done in the past and because you pat each other on the back and say "we work for Blizzard WE MUST BE AWESOME". Like a bunch of Hollywood elites that give each other awards in lavish ceremonies to movies that bombed at the box office because they were "well done", while passing up the blockbusters.

Stop being obsessed with "your vision for the game" and fighting us and arguing with us every time we bring up an objection to something you did or propose. This may come as a shock, but we know what we like, better than you do. And you, and your blues, coming into the forums to "better explain your design philosophies" does not help. As if we are all bunch of idiots and the reason we don't like or agree with your design is because you didn't explain it well enough for us rubes.

You say Jay is awesome and one of the best. Well you know what, the Diablo community by in large, disagreed. Diablo was sold on D2 and blizzards reputation alone. And really, we should have all seen it coming that this game was nowhere near ready for release. Giving it away for free with the WoW annual pass? No leveling past 20 in the beta while claiming it was to preserve the story? All bad signs. But we trusted you.

Here is a huge tip. And you are not going to like it one bit. But you want all the diablo community who swore off you and blizzard to come back? Coupled with the redemption of the diablo series and a huge restoration of faith in blizzard? When, and ONLY when first expansion for diablo 3 is ready........release it for free. As a free upgrade to people who already had diablo 3 and as a free expansion for people who buy D3 new. No gimmicks, no strings, not bundled with whatever the 3rd installment of starcraft is going to be. Free.

I totally agree with you.
01/22/2013 02:27 AMPosted by Anuhart
I think the core attribute for the job was to be able to do what you are told by the suits above you, take the backlash for those decisions, be a scapegoat and not let any real love for Diablo or ARPGs in general get in the way of it

One would think those suits would be trying to maximise profits. Both short and long term. If they dont make amazing games then how can they make amazing profits?

If it was up to me, D3 would have been:
A subscription game just like WoW
would have had tons more content to play through
It would have come with PvP
Heroes would have had deep customization. Repec your hero is a nice gold sink in a game that needs a gold sink.
Item system would offer far greater diversity. Items would actually alter ur playstyle.

So now D3 is epic, everyone is happy, it does not matter if people play D3 or WoW cos they are both Sub games. At very minimum Blizz is earning the same from subs as before(not counting the 10million box sales)

But most likely Subs would be more than doubled.
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.
Its not like the massive wave of dissatisfaction with D3 just started a few days ago. Its not like the 'Jay-Wilson-hate' started a few days ago. All this has been going on since the release of the game.

Its not like a chief executive at Blizzard needs to make a forum post to be heard.

So I, for one, am thoroughly confused as to why Rob Pardo would make a forum post, attempting to take 'full responsibility for the quality' (or lack thereof) of the game AFTER the massive wave of dissatisfaction has washed away Jay Wilson.

Seems to me that Rob Pardo's 'forum post' was supposed to be a show or demonstration of support for Jay Wilson, but it pretty much reveals the opposite. Rob Pardo only wants to "take full responsibility" after Jay Wilson has been washed away and not before, because A) Rob Pardo wanted Jay Wilson to be fully blamed for the dissatisfaction with D3
and B) Rob Pardo was waiting for Jay Wilson to turn the dissatisfaction around but he failed (at that too.) (and, to make it clear, I am saying its BOTH A and B.)
It's not impossible that at some point, someone high above Jay's pay grade descended from Heaven and gave him a list of commandments, for example:

1.) We need to expand the user base. How can you increase accessibility and make the game less frightening and complex so that more people want to play?
2.) We need to jump on the micro-transaction train. Find some way to make that happen.
3.) Piracy is super-duper bad. We're going always-on with this one! Hey, it worked for Starcraft!
4.) (Etc.)

1) Make Normal and maybe Nightmare easy and rewarding. Allow players the ability to unlock everything by level 30 (like Diablo II where you can get to level 30+ in Normal and access whatever you want) rather than having to get all the way to level 60 (through Hell) like in D3. Give them their free and infinite respecs and all autostats and all that, to make the game less complex and more inviting for newbies. But simultaneously don't alienate the core fanbase of dedicated gamers who want complexity: Once you enter Inferno at 60 and start earning Paragon levels, allow for self-assigned permanent stats, and give players a limited amount of points or something to power up select skills permanently.

2) Cosmetic items, anyone? TF2 lives off of hats, ffs, and keys to boxes of random loot that you can get with ease through crafting that people only pay to open on the offchance of getting a special hat and maybe a particular Strange item that they really want (which again, is a purely cosmetic stat tracker). WoW makes a fair chunk of change off of non-combat pets and mounts. You honestly couldn't think of anything not so game breaking as an RMAH? Non-combat pets? CE-edition wing-type things and other special character alterations? Special dyes and auras?

3) You think always-online was for piracy?

Sincerely,

/A Creative Director on another very old and well-respected franchise

Proof please.
They will convince us that the new diretkorom and output addon, the game will be a masterpiece, which, again bought the game ...

Just think, they want to sell us something that should have been in the original game but was cut probably for addon (PVP, etc.)
http://horadric.ru/blog/ozzy/diablo-3-chto-my-poteryali-chast-2-razrabotka-i-beta
The title of this thread is almost comparable to how long it took to actually make the game "playable" after it was initially released. (Unfortunately, by this point the vast majority of the population had already ventured elsewhere out of frustration.) I honestly had around 50 people on my Diablo III friends list shortly after release. To be 100% honest, I am now extremely surprised to log on and see even one of these people actually playing this abortion of a game.
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

Ok as many people here i think Blizzard by Diablo3 title lost it's reputation...
Me and another ton of people would create websites to monetize on the lack of a ingame AH.

The problem is not the AH, the problem is the % drop of good items being reduced since AH is just 2 clicks away from you. (blizzard already public talked about this)

another topic: whats the point of INFERNO when we also have monster power? I believe INFERNO could be revamped with monster density then it'll be different from other difficulties
You just have to look at the consumer reviews at Amazon, to see, that Diablo III has not become a really good game. Diablo III feels like it has layed in the drawers for years. I'm disappointed. I think Bliz can do it much better.
http://tardbunny.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/in-defense-of-jay-wilson-bullying-is-not-a-game/

Grow up kids.

Seriously, grow up.

kids? your playing a panda bear?
In Europe a lot of people spit on jay wilson and diablo3'work too.
Look
http://eu.battle.net/d3/fr/forum/topic/6297383876
This diablo 3 is a fail, your work is bad and low.
Sorry for my english, i'm french.