Seven Years in Sanctuary

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 204 205 206 225 Next
This game is improving ALOT since launch and the hard work was very obvious after I logged in from my 4 month break.

Good job thus' far, D3 has tons of potential and I am excited to see where it goes in the future.

D2 at launch was no where near perfect and what saved the game was the expansion in my opinion.
$10 says whatever game Jay Wilson heads to now is met with a torch and pitchfork mob from that games fanbase. I don't know which reputation is the most damaged from the D3 debacle; Jays, Diablos', or Blizzards?

Jay Wilson is certainly not a captain that would go down with his ship. If he were on the Titanic he'd be first in line to the lifeboats, in a dress and wig.

Jay in a dress? Please refrain from causing such visuals in the future.
To answer: I would say Blizzards rep took the biggest hit. Which is more recognizable to the masses? The name Blizzard, Diablo or Jay Wilson?
is this true that bad opinion posts are removed from thread ?

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

wow....u really still dont understand why d3 is nothing compared to d2?! ever thought that maybe, just maybe the reason why most of us bought d3 was cause of the name? most of us wanted a SEQUEL, not wut seems to me (besides the crappy storyline that seemed like something i used to write back in high school) to actually be a cleverly disguised prequel. what ever happened to dont fix what's not broken? whatever happened to using d2 as a foundation and adding onto that, instead of dumbing down d2, replacing the 2 with a 3, then rushing it out of your warehouses for sale? what happened to all of the features/content that were in d2? what happened to the runewords, charms, open world dueling, social aspect of the game, etc?

the only answer that i've gotten back from these CM's and jay wilson (thank goodness he will be gone) is that whatever content that was in d2 but is no longer in d3 was taken out because "it was not fun." i see the phrase "it's not fun" get thrown around in these developer's blogs and CM's response so often, either directly stated or insinuated. i find it hard to believe that your team of developers honestly believe that people bought this sequel to see what your interpretations of fun is. another reasoning behind most of the mind boggling omissions is this thought that you believe that the consumer wants blizzard to hold their hands throughout the game. skill points too complicated to allocate yourself? no prob, we dumbed it down for you. didn't like the multitude of stats that existed in d2? no prob, just focus on your character's main stat, vit, all res, crit chance, crit dmg, and attack speed. tired of getting hostiled and killed? no prob, we'll take out open world dueling all together and then finally give you a small map to play in after 8 months of constant threads on the forums wanting open world dueling. furthermore, the last reason that i've also seen expressed by these CM's when they are asked why werent certain features included in this game and why arent they being planned to become patched into the game is LAZINESS. IAS too op? let's nerf that one stat instead of improving the other stats. certain skills are too good? let's nerf that one skill instead of improving the other skills. open world dueling takes too much effort to implement? let's just give em a little map to play in and use excuses that even a 5 year old can see as complete bs to explain why players aren't allowed to duel in the pvm environment. lylirra stated that open world dueling is not allowed because of the geometrical nature of the pvm maps, the existence of monsters and npcs and portals, and the presence of followers, among other laughable reasons. really? those are your main reasons why open world dueling was not implemented? did it ever cross your mind that all of those "nuisances" was what made pvp in d2 so fun? it seems to me that the underlying reasons why there seems to be a drastic disconnect between the developers of the game and the fans/players and why this game has not lived up to its potential are because you, the developers, are arrogant (let's decide what's fun for the players), selfish (let's completely stray away from what made diablo2 so popular and use diablo3 as a tool to build our own legacy in this field of work), condescending (let's dumb down the game because the players are stupid and can't think/act on their own), and just outright lazy (let's act like we're listening to feedback, but implement a solution that takes the least effort to produce and is the easiest to implement then support our actions by giving bs excuses).

and to all the blizz fanboys/trolls, yes most of the aforementioned content/features werent in d2 from the first day of d2. but, as i've said, i bought d3 anticipating that it will be an outright sequel to d2. i did not buy "Diablo 1.5 with the potential to become Diablo 3 in a few years."

Rob Pardo, want to know how you can make d3 better and somewhat salvage this game to allow it to maybe one day live up to its prerelease hype? go spend the next week or two playing diablo 2
I can picture the Blizzard employees wandering into work today, and this forum thread getting a buzz around the office as people log in, and scan it while sipping their morning coffee.

There's a lot of hate here, and I hope no one at Blizzard takes it personally.
Imagine if all this was directed at you as a person? It would be overwhelming for most people I think.

Most people have no idea how much time and effort a project like this takes,
or the amount of personal sacrifice that goes into it as well.

I don't blame one man for a team effort.
If there's one thing Blizzard is, it's a TEAM.

They learn and grow from making games, it can only get better.

Best of luck in your next endeavour, Jay.

Thanks for making the combat have a lot of visceral OOMPH!
Also good job on designing the Monk, I know you put a lot of personal effort into it and it shows. :)
Diablo III
for me one of the biggest disapointments in gaming. Just after Gran Turismo 5.

From the start I told my friends that D3 looks like it is made for Consoles.
Sooo much depth lost.
EU player here.

This is for killing Deckard Cain!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

LOL

yeih time to fap .. wait what?
7 yrs to develope such a big dissapointment which D3 will always be living in the shadows of D2. The current pvp in d3 is boring reason being 4 players to a game and all cramp up in a small mini map . lol this some how reminds me of playing Counter Strike . I feel that 8 players should be allow to pvp in a game in the open map with mobs and all to increase the challenge and excitement . I hope the devs will jus put more effort into D3 . At present every update or patch of urs is rather sloppy and more like it's being release jus for the sake to pacify players for a short period of time. Fyi the paragon lvling and ubers has also start to feel boring so what nxt pvp and crafting i dun think all these updates will last long. This isn't a long term solution.Like what several players had mention wanna know what makes D2 game experience better than D3 u got to go play it to find out urself.
we should fix the PTR copy funcion asap if we are taking this ptr seriously
Clearly the A and B talent at Blizzard is on Titan, the C talent is on WoW, and Jay and his team were left for Diablo. Its release was sloppy, the game play is too simple and dull, it suffers HD and network lag, and its longevity (running bits of Act 3 over and over again) is horrid. Let's not even get started on demonbuddy.com

Diablo 3 did not sell 10M copies. The sequel to Diablo 2 sold 10M copies.

Blizzard's greatest asset - "We release a game when its ready" - was greatly diminished with Diablo 3. I no longer see Blizzard as a top-tier game company, and no longer trust them. I will wait for the reviews before I buy another one of their games.
When D3 was launched i was satisfied .. then i hit inferno.. was very challenging but i continued to play farming chests goblins and what not just trying to progress... after a few months of this i stopped playing d3 and reactivated my wow acc. recently i came back and wow the game has improved very far to the point im happy as a pig in !@#$ agin. me and my 8y old son recently downed diablo and the game is back on track ... im lovin it... i highly recommend if you are not happy with d3 atm ... stop playing it.... come back in a few months see if ya like it... do not ruin your own exp with one of the greatest franchises ever... ty d3 team and jay ty for the work you have done ..
People are seriously pathetic.

I think Jay has created a very good game. There are errors, but will be corrected.
I've played hundreds of hours and I can even more, thats good.

Thanks for D3
:( ill mised you!
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

that is the most strait up honest thing iv ever heard... I love diablo ... thats INCLUDING D3 these kids on forums complaining have nothing better to do with their lives cause they
1: Suck at d3
2: No job
3: No wife/GF

Rob not like it matters but u now have my 100% respect :)