"snapshotting" to be fixed

Monk
This is the main thing. There is no in game Macros to switch gear. NO I don't think using Macros to switch Gear can really get you in trouble, get word (think). Its not a Third Party Program that's directed related to the game. Its a Windows Program that works with your mouse..

Simply using a third party program is not against the ToS. Please spread the word because I'm tired of seeing this.

Automation is against the ToS. If your third party program automates the game, even just a few clicks, it can get you banned.
@
Vrkhyz

@SuperJJ: I know the difference between using a skill to buff my DPS and getting LS from a weapon I'm no longer using. I've been playing games like this since Thorin sat down and started singing about gold, and I've done my share of class/skill balancing for PvP and PvE games. I know a design flaw when I see it. Manual swaps simply indicate that a player isn't violating the macro ban. We'll see what Blizzard does, but there's no conceivable pill I could swallow that would make me believe the snapshot is supposed to capture weapons and gear you're no longer using.
well well, SW capture the 30% dmg boost from blinding flash even if you dont use it or when its in cooldown. its the same thing as for snapshot gears. its the same. so you cannot be telling yourself snapshot blinding flash is ok and gears is not? its just the design of SW is that bad, lazy blizz ppl?
@SuperJJ: I know the difference between using a skill to buff my DPS and getting LS from a weapon I'm no longer using. I've been playing games like this since Thorin sat down and started singing about gold, and I've done my share of class/skill balancing for PvP and PvE games. I know a design flaw when I see it. Manual swaps simply indicate that a player isn't violating the macro ban. We'll see what Blizzard does, but there's no conceivable pill I could swallow that would make me believe the snapshot is supposed to capture weapons and gear you're no longer using.

(emphasis mine). My thoughts exactly and I could not have put this better myself.
exactly.

no one can convince me that we're supposed to be able to faceroll mp10 by gear swapping. do we really want this?? we want people with no experience or time spent on monks to come in a roll all the content??
SW capture the 30% dmg boost from blinding flash even if you dont use it or when its in cooldown. its the same thing as for snapshot gears. its the same. so you cannot be telling yourself snapshot blinding flash is ok and gears is not?

well its like changing gear before a kill to your MF suit.
there is a difference between using what is given/allowed and abusing what is not

esp if u are using a macro lol
guys! if you read the comments section of the patch notes, lylirra confirms that monk Snapshotting is on the list for 1.0.7

thank you! i've had enough of watching people exploit!!! take that, cheaters!!!

could you show me the link to lylirra's post? i cant find it
01/11/2013 11:34 PMPosted by moo
could you show me the link to lylirra's post? i cant find it

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560/Patch_107_Preview-1_11_2013?page=6#page-comments

its on the 2nd or 3rd last page
the pages keep changing since they load the comments in reverse order - newest to oldest
If the snapshotting, i.e. locking in dps is fix so that SW is taking your active damage.. I will be using deadly reach foresight instead of blinding flash.

Wonder if this snapshooting fix will also include the demon hunter strafe snapshotting and or anathama life steal "exploit"
01/11/2013 08:57 PMPosted by SuperJJ
do you use blind flash before you use SW? after the 3 sec blind flash gets cooldown. your SW still get 30% dmg boost? thats right, you been using exploit since day 1. lol exploiter.

i dont. :)
I just sold off my monk gear to play Barb as my secondary character too. If they fix monks so that gear swapping doesn't feel like a giant advantage I'll probably switch back to monk :)
As long as they dont change how the skill was actually meant to be used... cast your buffs then cast the spell and keep it up so its still the same spell. then I dont care what they do.

I agree swapping out an entire set to min/max is a bit overboard, but see no issue with swapping just a weapon.

Also screw barbs and their possible 12% life steal + all their life steal abilities, coming in and complaining about monks getting 6% after swapping weapons, do they really need that much?
01/11/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Lumpy
This is the main thing. There is no in game Macros to switch gear. NO I don't think using Macros to switch Gear can really get you in trouble, get word (think). Its not a Third Party Program that's directed related to the game. Its a Windows Program that works with your mouse..

Simply using a third party program is not against the ToS. Please spread the word because I'm tired of seeing this.

Automation is against the ToS. If your third party program automates the game, even just a few clicks, it can get you banned.

You may be right, but... I haven't seen or heard of one player being banned from using the simple gear macro. Unless you can hook me up with an update by blizzard or a forum post about it. I think Blizzard is more worried about the automations that can actually control your character. Lets your character kill mobs and pick up items. I remember seeing an update about Bots from Blizzard and how they were banning a lot of them.

Btw, I'm totally against the SW Snap Shot thing. Just to make that clear again, like I did in my last post. I never once tried it or will. It just seems to much of an exploit. It literally lets you farm mp10 with ease. I'm glad its going away.

Players should have to farm//play the game or at least spend there money on gear to be able to farm the hardest content in the game.
Unfortunate to hear that the 'Snapshot' Mechanic of Sweeping Wind will be changed.

We finally had an equivalent in Diablo III of the 'Melee Sorc' we had in Diablo II in terms of clever use of game mechanics. Having the players investigate how the game works in depth and creating unexpected builds such as said 'Melee Sorc' was what made Diablo II one of the best games of all time. Removing a build such as the 'Snapshot' Monk in Diablo III is, in my humble opinion, not the best path to choose.
hope they don't make blinding flash useless
my stand on this as a monk fan has always been this:

using skill that has synergy together (like BW for SW) is not an exploit as those are the skills you choose for your skill bars and will continually use doing your run (think critical mass wiz). The problem i see that has developed is gear swapping. Done manually or via macro, it is still the same thing. You are basically using and benefiting from gear advantages even if you are not using them anymore. In fact, you are benefiting both from 2 sets of gear at the same time (which is clearly not intentional for the game). I for one am hoping that the snapshot for SW (be it via gear or skill usage) be removed. We as monks have become too reliant on the skill. I see it as one of the main causes of limiting other viable builds for monk. Hopefully the buff on other monk skills will create more diversity (Im looking forward to the day where a very viable no SW build for monks are available).
my stand on this as a monk fan has always been this:

using skill that has synergy together (like BW for SW) is not an exploit as those are the skills you choose for your skill bars and will continually use doing your run (think critical mass wiz). The problem i see that has developed is gear swapping. Done manually or via macro, it is still the same thing. You are basically using and benefiting from gear advantages even if you are not using them anymore. In fact, you are benefiting both from 2 sets of gear at the same time (which is clearly not intentional for the game). I for one am hoping that the snapshot for SW (be it via gear or skill usage) be removed. We as monks have become too reliant on the skill. I see it as one of the main causes of limiting other viable builds for monk. Hopefully the buff on other monk skills will create more diversity (Im looking forward to the day where a very viable no SW build for monks are available).
totally agree to this. however i m pretty sure 100% of the monk using cyclones will snapshot Blinding Flash even if they dont swap gears. so all the monk has been taking advantage of the SW mechanic since day one.

p.s. i have another fix idea, how about remove the 5 spirit cost on 4 piece of inna. change it to something else like increase spirit by 100? no more face rolling mp10 for monk, lol.
01/12/2013 07:07 AMPosted by SuperJJ
however i m pretty sure 100% of the monk using cyclones will snapshot Blinding Flash even if they dont swap gears. so all the monk has been taking advantage of the SW mechanic since day one.

That's just smart gameplay, not taking advantage of an exploit. At least, this is one humble monk's opinion.