One question for ur dev team

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 20 Next
01/20/2013 05:29 PMPosted by NeoLuffy
diablo 2 developer team is currently making marvel heroes game. Action RPG same like diablo 2. 23 heroes at first launch.
No, ONE GUY from the D2 team is working on that title. The "heroes" also only have 3-4 abilities (not 30 like Diablo), with 1 unique abilities + passive per hero. Everything else is shared.

Grats on not researching prior to posting though. Inb4 "cartoony", "diversity", and "itemization" arguments about "other" games.
One statement I’ve seen over and over on these forums and elsewhere are proposals for “easy” fixes and overarching assumptions about how long implementation for a variety of changes “should” take.

The reality is, game development is a hugely iterative and time-consuming process, with many people involved along the way. Design takes time, Coding takes time, art takes time, QA takes time: you name it. There are also multiple steps in the pipeline for each and every proposed change and bug fix, no matter how minor, and what issues are being worked on in what order and by who can and do change as new matters arise. Sometimes extra testing is also needed for bugs that come back broken and need to be retested, because we didn't want them to go live with a bad fix.

While there may indeed be a list of known issues and bugs that run alongside some patches, for every one you are aware of, there can be dozens or hundreds being worked on behind-the-scenes that you likely never be aware of. We do things just as quickly as we can, but even then, it’s a process that takes time.

So where are our other 2 bank tabs? You've already had this in game. And the intention was to put them back in at a later date. Tell me how this isn't easy?
01/20/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Warmachine
Vaeflare - these kids are just pushing your buttons. Most are ignorant to the process. The balances in this game are meticulous and complex and many gamers appreciate them. The fact that gamers continue to play the game and care to read your posts are a statement in and of itself. Keep up the good work!
This. +1.

Fans would not be chompin at the bit if they didn't truly like D3. I think it's like a hipster movement to complain about D3 (similar to complaining about WoW when titles such as Vanguard, EQ2, LoTR, Star Wars, etc were the "WoW-killers").
01/20/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Warmachine
Vaeflare - these kids are just pushing your buttons. Most are ignorant to the process. The balances in this game are meticulous and complex and many gamers appreciate them. The fact that gamers continue to play the game and care to read your posts are a statement in and of itself. Keep up the good work!

^ All I see is "PLEASE make me an MVP, I have excellent tunnel vision!" while ignoring how broken the game is and how terribly Blizzard has treated their customer base. Diablo 2 is the sole reason d3 sold this many copies, the expansions won't even sell half a mil.

As another poster said if this game's code is somehow so complex that it takes months to make a simple change (which is debunked by hotfixes btw), then the game is broken. Games much more beautiful with better combat systems and more variable loot blow D3's apparent complexity out of the water, and they get patched so often you don't even have a chance to complain. The lazy, unskilled devs are milking the clock and I can't wait til Blizzard's upper management realizes this and fires them all, blacklisting them as developers for the rest of their lives.

You know a game is dead when even the bots and chinese gold farmers are starting to pack their bags.
01/20/2013 05:30 PMPosted by CyberGoat
And that's the problem. The only responses left for fans is to harrass them on this forum and other media and/or vote with their dollars and not buy another Blizzard product.
Except they won't.

I can show you countless threads on these forums where people rage out and say "I quit" only to discover that they play daily. Then the excuses like "I only logged on to see changes" come flying by (yet the Elite kill count continues to climb higher).

I'm sure that Blizzard is aware of this as well.

I still stand by my bet; if Blizzard released Diablo 3 Expansion tomorrow, it would sell 10m+ copies.

Well . . . I'm installing Diablo 2 so I guess we'll see how it all works out. All my friends have left and I'm pretty sure that none of them have any intention of playing again. They all have lives now and only bought this game because it was the sequel to the game we loved in college. I'll be interested to see if you're right.
01/20/2013 05:40 PMPosted by CyberGoat
This. +1.

Fans would not be chompin at the bit if they didn't truly like D3. I think it's like a hipster movement to complain about D3 (similar to complaining about WoW when titles such as Vanguard, EQ2, LoTR, Star Wars, etc were the "WoW-killers").

I don't agree. Fans loved Diablo 2. They bought Diablo 3 without a second thought and then stayed to play forums with guys like you.
I am a long time programmer from C, C++, Objective C, Python, Ruby, PhP, Javascript/Node, HTML/CSS, Perl....and I can tell you from years of experience that if you would have programmed the game right the first time, you wouldn't have to spend the amount of time you do fixing "small" bugs.

Warcraft and Diablo are so poorly programmed (graphically) that I worry my computer is going to catch fire from overheating. Yet, I can run two copies of Eve online---and the fan doesn't kick on. World of Warcraft fried two video cards in 3 months on my brand new computer. The mind boggling thing about it all is the graphic quality of either game is soooo bad compared to most games on the market.

So if the quality of your graphics programming reflects any iota of resemblance of anything else your dev team does, no wonder you spit out a incomplete and buggy game that takes you a year to fix minor bugs.

So no. The cop out of "it takes a long time to fix game coding because its so complex blah blah blah" is just that--an excuse for poor delivery and performance.
Is this the thread where we talk about the supposed Expansion Pack for D3?

no wait, nvm
"went" to college. It's "went". Nice education. ;)

01/20/2013 01:30 AMPosted by Philoi
I'm not arrogant enough to suggest that I could do better

yeah, that's pretty much what your post stated. It's similar to saying "I am not a racist, but... " then following up with a racist comment.

To CyberGoat: First of all, do you understand the difference between present perfect and simple past tenses? Oh, no, you obviously *do not* or you wouldn't have tried to correct my English...hmmm.

I could leave it there, since your trolling deserves zero response. However, I believe that anyone who trolls me in an attempt to defend such a rude remark such as that made by Vaeflare, deserves to be shamed. You're not really helping the CM's by trolling people critical of them. They *should* be intelligent enough to tell the difference between simple harassment and constructive criticism. I was offended by Vaeflare's remark and felt the community as a whole might be and I provided constructive criticism of said counter-productive remark.

The CM, Vaeflare, got overly defensive and insulted our intelligence without good reason. This CM, who seems intelligent and caring about the community; in this instance, however, showed a lack of understanding of the gaming community's perspective while making excuses for poor design and patching practices and a vague description of said design process.

If we care about the CM's, we need to help them to help us. They need to know when their communication is not productive or even worse so when it is rude and counter-productive. The CM's are supposed to be a bridge between the game-makers and the gaming community. They are to be this by empathizing without over sympathizing, by explaining without confusing the players, by opening up channels of communication, without getting defensive, making excuses or shutting communication down by being condescending toward the gaming community.

I was neither bragging nor inviting myself to be the target of your trollish snide and ignorant remarks, CyberGoat.

I *am* simply stating, however, that I know as a fact that Blizzard could do *much* better than they're doing. I invite people with real coding/programming experience to agree or disagree and say how and why. Are you contributing anything to this thread, CyberGoat? No. Do you ever? I don't know. I hope you do but probably not. You're being an internet forum troll. If you're not going to contribute anything useful to this thread, leave the thread, please.

Going back to the real discussion:
Within the realm of Diablo, these are serious issues. Vaeflare could have phrased a better response. I want Blizzard to take the time they *need* to furnish a well made product, no more, no less. Blizzard should be listening to us. Often the manner in which the developers talk is not professional. Often the manner in which the CM's patronize is not productive or showing that they're listening to the community or that they care what we think or see it as valid at all. How is this productive? Blizzard needs to create forums and threads within said forums that are dedicated to opening up communication between the people who work on the game and the people who actually play it so that issues can be more quickly identified and positive suggestions can be shared. This is already being done, but not enough and not correctly.
01/18/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Ryaskybird

POE, Torchlight 2 and also Diablo 2 had much faster development for his age.

None of those have the quality that Diablo 3 has.

And certainly TL2 doesn't have the staying power. We shall see about PoE.

TL2 is better than DIII.
Wow, This hatefulness is just everywhere.
01/20/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Fairyfloss
Wow, This hatefulness is just everywhere.

Yet they still just shrug it off and think they are flawless with a perfect game and that it's acceptable to take 2% of a customer's life on this earth to patch something.

I guess the poor performance of d3's expansion's sales will have to do the speaking.
Even blizzard issue a blank copy and the developer is me or you doesnt matter. Only put a diablo mark on it and still sales. The title success but not the game . D3 's result is not from 3 but from the "D" !

IF the player drop rate of D is under control how come 1.07 PTR ? keep it at 1.02 1.03 is ok. If Blizzard concern about D3 player and willing to put more resources in it. It wont be flaw.
I want Blizzard to take the time they *need* to furnish a well made product, no more, no less. Blizzard should be listening to us. Often the manner in which the developers talk is not professional.
#1, Blizzard doesn't *need* to do anything.
#2, I don't believe you've ever spoken with a developer. You've spoken with Community Managers, read some blog posts, but had an actual dialogue with a developer? Don't think so.

Additionally, here's your profile:
Elite Kills
Last updated on Jan 19, 2013 3:35 AM PST

I'll check back in a week or so. I'm betting that this game you loathe so much gets played. And after all, isn't that the goal of every developer? Your kill count will increase, and your last played date will be updated.

Blizzard needs to create forums and threads within said forums that are dedicated to opening up communication between the people who work on the game and the people who actually play it so that issues can be more quickly identified and positive suggestions can be shared. This is already being done, but not enough and not correctly.
Again, they don't. Every time Blizzard listens to the community, they piss off the other 1/2 of the community. You simply can't win doing that.

You've been posting driven since last year about how Blizzard is shoving D3 down your throat and how the game is flawed and on and on and on... and yet here you are: posting on a forum dedicated to a game you seem to hate! And you also continue to play! Hm. Interesting. I think you are the true troll here. You lurk and post how you hate the game, how it's flawed, and yet continue to play. I think you should take your own advice:
01/20/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Philoi
leave the thread, please.

#1, Blizzard doesn't *need* to do anything.
#2, I don't believe you've ever spoken with a developer. You've spoken with Community Managers, read some blog posts, but had an actual dialogue with a developer? Don't think so.

Additionally, here's your profile:
Elite Kills
Last updated on Jan 19, 2013 3:35 AM PST

I'll check back in a week or so. I'm betting that this game you loathe so much gets played. And after all, isn't that the goal of every developer? Your kill count will increase, and your last played date will be updated.

Again, they don't. Every time Blizzard listens to the community, they piss off the other 1/2 of the community. You simply can't win doing that.

You've been posting driven since last year about how Blizzard is shoving D3 down your throat and how the game is flawed and on and on and on... and yet here you are: posting on a forum dedicated to a game you seem to hate! And you also continue to play! Hm. Interesting. I think you are the true troll here. You lurk and post how you hate the game, how it's flawed, and yet continue to play. I think you should take your own advice:

love this post

Forum PVP is fun. Pointless trolling , Lack of skill CM , Profile hiden fanboy. Better than act 3 act 3 act 3 and act 3. If any of my friend who left and want to back to D3. I will suggest read here first
I would have expected the game to be absolutely perfect for as long as it took them to make 3, but the game is ok for the most part. I squeezed out $60 of enjoyment out of it.
without any doubt the popolation of D3 has dropped down...for what i see from my "friends" we have a lot of less dorks around now..