Manticore with LS?

Demon Hunter
Would it be a good idea to get a manticore with life steal? Asking this because reflect damage is so strong I'm trying to find a way to counter it by sustaining with life steal.
use gloom. LS on a weapon by itself is not enough
Yeah I started doing that but sometimes when elites have extra hp I can't keep gloom up long enough to kill them :(. It costs so much discipline and I also have to try to keep up smokescreen as well
even if you had 700 all resistance and 5500 armor, 3% leech would only save you from 1/2 the reflected damage value

01/06/2013 06:36 PMPosted by Xelua
Yeah I started doing that but sometimes when elites have extra hp I can't keep gloom up long enough to kill them :(. It costs so much discipline and I also have to try to keep up smokescreen as well

your issue is not solved by LS on your manticore; it is disc management

nightstalker and your crit%
perfectionist
raise armor & all resistance

you have no need for smoke screen in PvE at all. Gloom will handle everything optimally, and an occasional vault out of the way is also optimal considering you will vault anyway to make the game go faster

if you have the mitigation (over 800 and 6000 armor) and 3% ls will really help things for you, try Entangle shot(Bounty hunter) on your toolbar; use it against reflection packs.. it is 6%
even if you had 700 all resistance and 5500 armor, 3% leech would only save you from 1/2 the reflected damage value

perfectionist

you have no need for smoke screen in PvE at all. Gloom will handle everything optimally, and an occasional vault out of the way is also optimal considering you will vault anyway to make the game go faster

if you have the mitigation (over 800 and 6000 armor) and 3% ls will really help things for you, try Entangle shot(Bounty hunter) on your toolbar; use it against reflection packs.. it is 6%

Seems like a nice plan, I'll give it a go. But if I get nightstalker and perfectionist, that'd make me have either sharpshooter or archery. Which would be better of the 2 to have?

perfectionist

Seems like a nice plan, I'll give it a go. But if I get nightstalker and perfectionist, that'd make me have either sharpshooter or archery. Which would be better of the 2 to have?

Id suggest you take vengeance to improve the opening hatred pool, as well as allow globes to give you hate + disc

if you are dead set on shsh vs archery (considering they will likely give identical dps%)
go with ShSh; it at least grants the base 3% more crit, to help nightstalker

Id suggest you take vengeance to improve the opening hatred pool, as well as allow globes to give you hate + disc

if you are dead set on shsh vs archery (considering they will likely give identical dps%)
go with ShSh; it at least grants the base 3% more crit, to help nightstalker

So I took vengeance and it seems like it's worked. Thought I wouldn't have a high enough DPS to kill things but it looks like 107k dps is good enough for mp0 =)