PTR Exploit (Blues please read)

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next

-------------------

CANNONT BE TRADED IF NOT IDENTIFIED . SIMPLY AS THAT . YOUR LOOT IS YOUR OWN AS THEY SAY!

Lame. If someone wants to sell UNID and someone else wants the thrill of gambling (because crafting is a less fun version of D2 gambling, but noone working on this game apparently cares about that small fact) let them.

Just because blizz has poor code where PTR ids are the same as the original copy (which honestly makes absolutely zero sense to the point I don't even believe this works or is how it is done) doesn't mean a legitimately interesting system needs to be thrown out.

If anything they should allow UNID items on the auction house. Of course, not if there is a way to essentially ID them first via PTR...

Poor code? Are you an idiot? The items are the same because a TEST environment utilizes a copy of the production environments DB. Otherwise it would be a poor test.

If you don't know the first thing about software development don't comment about "poor code"
people will always take advantage of stupid, blizz can't and shouldn't fix that
This is GENIUS !
I think that Blizzard should resolve this issue.
From what I remember, towards the ending of the 1.0.5 PTR in one of its final patches (sometime in the first week of October), when you identified any transferred item on the PTR, their stats would be blank (this again only applied to unid items that were transferred and not those which dropped on the PTR). In other words, they did finally address it but as far as I know, they made no official acknowledgement in either PTR forum (feedback and bug) about this change.
01/13/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Battleraiser
How are we for sure the randomness of an item is generated on pick-up, and not WHEN you are identifying it? Say they did ID it on the PTR, and then come back to the live servers, ID it, and then it's completely different.

Because Blizzard said the stats are rolled at the time of the drop not the ID. So that's official without question.
Suggested Solutions

1) Unid Items are not copied over

For the patch 1.0.7 PTR, unidentified items cannot be copied over from the live client to the PTR client.

Since there won't be any warning or error messages for this restriction (the stash/inventory slots which held the unindentified items will just appear empty once your character is copied over), we'll be creating a reminder post in the PTR Feedback forum once the PTR is live.
Oh man, you rock!
Suggested Solutions

For the patch 1.0.7 PTR, unidentified items cannot be copied over from the live client to the PTR client.

Since there won't be any warning or error messages for this restriction (the stash/inventory slots which held the unindentified items will just appear empty once your character is copied over), we'll be creating a reminder post in the PTR Feedback forum once the PTR is live.

How about adding id all in patch 1.07 too? Seem like less work than this exploit fix.
I kinda tried this last PTR with some rares, but they ended up meh and I never ended up bothering to keep track of the good ones and just IDed them all anyway on Live.

Then again, unids copied over on 1.0.5 PTR....

Anyway, nice to know it can't happen this time. :)
Suggested Solutions

+9001
Suggested Solutions

Address problems left and right with this patch, here here.
As PTR is going to come or at least strongly hinted, I have to point out the extremely BIG exploit being carried out right now.

Tons of people are massing and hoarding up tons of UNID Legendaries, buying them everyday. They are waiting for PTR to hit and copy their characters over, they will then ID the UNIDs in the PTR and identify the good ones. They will then go over to Live servers and identify the good ones and leave the bad ones unid.

They will then scam stupid people who don't know about the exploit a few weeks after PTR closes.

PLEASE fix this before releasing the PTR....thanks for your time.

If you want to help, please like the post and request sticky. Unless you want the economy to be filled with crappy unid scams or you are one of these scammers...shruggies...sorry for trying to ruin your business

Suggested Solutions

2) All Unid items copied over are ID-ed in Live
3) Unid item properties are rerolled in PTR when copied

what op is saying is monitor ownedcore
thank you!

I never sold/bought unid but I hated knowing people would use this scam
Suggested Solutions

I think you just made the community smile, something it hasn't done in...ever? :)