PvP Dueling Tournament!

Barbarian
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
@TimPam

@ orion

considering to give up my slot to a player more geared to give you guys a challenge..

I'll go for the next bracket if you don't mind. Tnx Bro...

Ok swapped your slot with TEDDY as he's the 18th player to sign up.

@ fookya and MooseJuice

Added you guys.
@Nikeboy

Just a thought, have you tried your 18% Thunder God's Vigor against any Monks or Barbs yet? How's the result, any good?

Does it help in any way against Rend?
@Nikeboy

Just a thought, have you tried your 18% Thunder God's Vigor against any Monks or Barbs yet? How's the result, any good?

havent tried though man, it may reduce the damage that i wont be able to kill effectively because id prefer my witching hour for dps boost.
@Nikeboy

havent tried though man, it may reduce the damage that i wont be able to kill effectively because id prefer my witching hour for dps boost.

What about -X rend sources. Wouldn't that be key for barbs :o.

Yah I was thinking of that too. But normally you will have enough fury for rend, and to reduce it significantly, you will need more than one piece.

Yah I was thinking of that too. But normally you will have enough fury for rend, and to reduce it significantly, you will need more than one piece.

relentless.

yeah that is a good idea, since we are handicapped on fury

Well that's what im wondering. if -5 rend + relentless = free rend? Also im curious. How is saberfenix doing in duels? He has the #1 IAS EF in NA and a beatiful stat stick dagger for PVP. I can only assume he's taken out many wizards and DH.

Well that's what im wondering. if -5 rend + relentless = free rend? Also im curious. How is saberfenix doing in duels? He has the #1 IAS EF in NA and a beatiful stat stick dagger for PVP. I can only assume he's taken out many wizards and DH.

he hasn't played a lot, when he is using perma stun on me, and with increadible atkspd vs my juggernaut, he just heals me.. i can kill fenix with REND and he can kill me with HOTA with incredible atkspd.
Who of you top US barbs haven't i played against yet ? Want to get a overview over that specs people play.. :)
01/17/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Det0x
Who of you top US barbs haven't i played against yet ? Want to get a overview over that specs people play.. :)

try Jook and Joch mate, thanks for the game last night Det0x
Btw Det0x can we do a faceroll duel with your S&B setup? no WOTB, Marathon and Throw to make it more interesting just a try.

Let me know if you are up for it.
I was having good success using the following build vs Monks:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#SckUYi!hcT!abYaZZ

He will probably use his Serenity once you Ground Stomp him, sprint off a bit till it runs out then go back at him. Furious Charge as primary attack to act as extra gap closer once his Serenity runs out. Too bad Rend is the most reliable killer for Barbs now.

You guys using something similar?

This didn't work very well vs DHs tho. The constant knockback they have makes Furious Charge useless, it won't even move.
Just had a duel with 2 DH. Changed up my gear to have more EHP (lowered DPS of course) and a 34% Block Stormshield and the result was pretty good.

Seems like with enough EHP and block, you can withstand a good amount of punishment from DHs till you're able to either get close enough to Rend them or Weapon Throw them.

Used the following build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#fckUXi!hcU!babbYZ

First time using the build so was still unfamiliar with it but did pretty well against them. Inspiring Presence and Warcry - Invigorate helped a lot.

Here's the video:
http://youtu.be/x7dxtHW5Vgg

Hope this can help anyone trying to duel DHs.
Orion,

Is the competition still open? i would like to participate. Let me know when you get a chance.

Thx
Bill
I would like in on this tourney also
Seems awesome, would like to participate if still open.
@wilbur222, Razlin, Indigowombat

Added all of you.
To everyone who signed up, I would still like to carry out this Tournament if you all are still interested. Right now, I'm just waiting for Blizzard to fix the PTR and incorporate the Elite status of players and CC reduction. This will allow players who have specifically geared for PvP with Elite Damage Reduction or +Damage vs Elites items to play to their full potential.

Also, some players are still not able to port in their character a 2nd time, me included. This means players who have re-geared will not be able to use their new items.

Once Blizzard updates the PTR, we can carry this out.

Currently, there are 25 players, just need 7 more players and we can have a 2nd bracket.

If you guys are interested to carry this out now, without waiting for them to patch the PTR, let me know. Then I will organize the match-ups and we can proceed.
Hey would be interested in participating aswell however have been unable to update my ptr account so unsure if the build/gear setup will be suitable.