Kripp already said there would be Ladder

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15
The ladder didn't make me quit but it was one of those things that eventually led me to quit.

I played D2 from release until about 2003-4, can't recall when exactly. I do not remember when the ladder resets started but I didnt like the idea of having to redo a character every ladder just to get some content. I have a life, i dont want to do things twice, 3 times, or repeatedly level my character. Thats what Hardcore for.

What ruined D2 for me, is what many people liked. Enigma. Bot tele baal runs were Enigma's creation. No one did anything but bot tele baal runs shortly after it was released. Destroyed any social aspect of D2.

If ladders have exclusive content again, i may not quit right away, but the next thing that comes along I don't like would probably send me packing.

Ladders suck. They are nothing more than bot races to a finish. Why would anyone really like them?

But if you really want the race... maybe do an inferno elite kill list that resets every month to maybe 6 months. Once we get to 10k kills, we unlock a new event/ uber setting. We can still have the race, give some exclusive content but don't feel like we have recreate characters every 6 months.
The ladder system...

Well, The ladder started because of all the insanely hacked items, w/30 or 50 ridiculous stats like 3 billion life or all resist, etc.

It really took away the challenge of the game and healthy competition between players.

It was really a positive change that blizz started to save the progress online (except for the fact that you have to get online w/ a character every three mo, I have a life and sometimes I did not had the time to get online w/ every mule, I lost some high runes and elite gear...).

I only did ladder to get the ladder only runewords, like insight and grief... but I agree that, It turned into a bot race and a never ending deja vu of baal runs.

I've been a diablo fan since I saw an ad for the original diablo game in a gamepro mag, I hallucinated w/that. Then I bought the hellfire expansion, and boy did I loved it.

D2 was and still is a game which I cherish, so many hours staying late leveling up, trying new of the standard builds; man how did I loved the necs and the drus, I had a skelemancer w/corpse explosion that was enhanced w/amplify damage. No magi skeles. And did not need a fortune on equip on that build. The overpowered and overrated hammerdins ruled the game w/the ignore magic immunity of monsters.

I will not stop playing diablo if a ladder system comes out, I doubt I will play on the ladder system, I am older and have more stuff to do in real life, I understand that there are really powerful players with insane ~300k dps because they invest a lot of time, or $$; but time is $$ so I do not have a problem with that, I have not spend $$ on D3, but sure have spent a lot of time considering from my point of view, but not as much as the really strong players, so they deserve to be very powerful and have rewards according to time and effectiveness of play.

When I started playing D3, I thought (as I guess many of you did) of building a sorceress w/high MF to do tele farming. But how wrong was I, at first I was some kind of pissed off, but now I really like that the tele bots are not possible any more (thank you blizz!!!).

I hope that the ladder system does not have really cool ladder only must haves, I like the ubers, the hellfire ring, all the things that coming.

I do not like the whimsyshire level as much as the cow level, and are still working on key runs to get my first uber encounter, and struggling at ML 3. I am playing solo at a slow and steady pace, I really love diablo (if I have not said that already), I used to play a lot of video games back in the day, which over time was reduce to playing only diablo and tekken, but now I just play diablo, and will do for a long long time.

Thanks for all the surprises blizz!

PS. Something like the runeword system (which I think the new jewel combinations will do) would be a nice add on, just please do not make insanely powerful gear like Nigma and pretty difficult to get too (which was where all the duped items came from), make it accesible for the guys that can not play 8 hours a day, but keep rewarding the players that do play more (like the paragon levels, they rule). Balance is key.
01/13/2013 01:20 PMPosted by modu
Well, if Kripp said it... I guess it's settled.

LOL. my thoughts exactly. i dont doubt Kripp. but c'mon people. cant believe this was a top thread. hope to get lots of hate mail IF a ladder system comes out tho :D
01/17/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Sado

LOL. my thoughts exactly. i dont doubt Kripp. but c'mon people. cant believe this was a top thread. hope to get lots of hate mail IF a ladder system comes out tho :D

One of the most constructive threads out there right now.

There isn't a reasonable argument against a Ladder.

Unless someone can provide one than it stands as follows that there will be one sometime in the future.

Just gotta open your eyes.
01/17/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Sado

funny part is half these lemmings would jump off a bridge if kripp said it would make them win at life.
is kripp an employee of blizz?

don't think so.

I'll believe it when someone from blizz says its happening.

Not because some no life streamer says it...
you guys that follow these people need some serious help.

LoLLL nice.
Another useless follower. SMH.
i wont be to happy about a ladder, personaly. i know what its all about because ive done.
im one of those casuals and starting over new paragon levels would be frustrating. it just makes everything you do pointless.

im not the best player an i know im far from lol. but it took me a while to get to where i am. a ladder system would destroy my time.
i wont be to happy about a ladder, personaly. i know what its all about because ive done.
im one of those casuals and starting over new paragon levels would be frustrating. it just makes everything you do pointless.

im not the best player an i know im far from lol. but it took me a while to get to where i am. a ladder system would destroy my time.

You don't have to start over?

Just stay on Non-Ladder.

Ladder isn't for everyone, thats why they're going to give you the option for non-ladder.
D3 is fun, with ladder it could be more fun. But it could never be as fun as D2, they can try their best to fix it, but I have to say the game is already broken with RMAH.
Good on Kripp for coming up with the most obvious crap that everyone else was thinking
01/17/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Shékinah

One of the most constructive threads out there right now.

There isn't a reasonable argument against a Ladder.

Unless someone can provide one than it stands as follows that there will be one sometime in the future.

Just gotta open your eyes.

Claiming there is going to be a ladder in a game where items arent being hacked and accounts cost money with only 10 slots...... BAHAHAHA! Ladders are idiotic if they have the game secure. Starting a ladder would be openly admitting the game isnt secure enough.

RMAH

Real Money Auction House

Real Money

Which means what?

Blizzard can do anything they want with your In-Game items. You don't read the ToS too often do you?

Anyway, your items would be transferred to Non-Ladder, still existing, just not in the competitive Ladder system where you'd have to earn your way back up.

You'd start fresh, no gold, no items in your stash, and a fresh Auction House market to fill up.

Gives me chills, I love a ladder system.

The problem stems from the fact that very few people would go back to spending real money if a Ladder was implemented. Blizzard already made mention of this during beta. The ladder was created to keep the servers from being bloated with tons of unplayed characters. Blizzard already said they don't want to do a ladder in D3 because the 10 character account limit covers that.
of course there will be a ladder. silly to think otherwise.
within a year sounds reasonable. blizzard is desperate to generate some longterm motivation.
the d3 player base is dropping like no other blizzard game.
Can someone explains what ladder is?
I used to play diablo2 offline so i never knew about the ladder thing.
01/18/2013 05:54 AMPosted by Time2Kill
Whats a kripp?

LOL!
Now that they have a free seat, they must hire Kripparrian. I'm pretty sure he'll do better than Jay '' The Triple Chin '' Wilson.
Can someone explains what ladder is?
I used to play diablo2 offline so i never knew about the ladder thing.

Think of ladder like the beginning of a new season in any proffesional sport. Everyone is in 1st place the first day of the season because no one has done anything yet.

In Diablo, this means if you chose to play ladder, you would start at level 1 with no items on any characters. You would be starting the game all over from the beginning.

I don't have the time to play games like I used to so I care very little about a D3 ladder as I would never participate in it.