Kripp already said there would be Ladder

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 15 Next
01/13/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Xane
The ladder system will add to the longevity of the game and also allows new players a way to compete without being forced into grinding for an eternity to find what most players now have.

I can't help but think how stupid this sentence is. Instead of grinding to find what people have, it's grinding to find something good, in which by the time they finally do, it'll reset on them.

While I agree non-pvp competitiveness is a good thing, ladder is not the way to go about it.

Yes. Everyone who plays the ladder is in the same rat race. As it stands now, old players have a 6+ month head start on anyone who is just now playing the game. If a way isn't found to keep new players coming in, the player base will die off as people quit.

It's very intimidating coming into a game like this with very little knowledge of the game, and no resources to get into it other than a credit card. The resets allow the newbie a fighting chance, where a static server will not.

I have found plenty of good items here. Not all were made for my character, but it is a trading game after all. Now would be a good time for a ladder reset. A large portion of the playerbase is looking for perfect rolls instead of good gear. And newcomers are feeling too broke to afford the gear most have.

People will have reasons to start new characters and keep playing once they've hit the end game and don't find non-ladder to be fun.
I kind of dig the ladder idea. Just have it separate like in D2 so people can just choose if they want to be on ladder or not. Also for ladder have it the same as hardcore and have no RMAH for it.
First of all, ladders are dumb (at least as long as there is ladder only content or anything that makes the ladder THE place to be).

Second, ladder doesn't work well, if at all, with only having 10 toons per account. (If I put a bunch of time into having one of each class at level 60 in both hard and soft, where is my ladder toon gonna go?)

Third, the idea that ladders "fixed" d2 is just false. (the content in the ladders made the game awesomer, but the ladder itself, especially the resetting, turned many many people away from the game)

Fourth, and most importantly, blizzard has been saying, since back before beta, that they have no intention of having ladders and will do whatever they can to avoid them...e.g. figuring out other ways to fix anything that the ladder might fix. (because they too noticed that the ladders turned people away in d2 and that they became a playground for botters)

Fifth, Kripp is just some dude with opinions, that are often wrong, like now.

Lastly, ladders are dumb.
omg i wonder how krip came up with the idea that there will be a ladder system
So what exactly does a ladder reset accomplish when there is a monster power system?

Absolutely

Nothing
Unbelievable amount of assumptions and fabricated "facts" in the OP's post for me to actually take this thread seriously.
hearsay!
is kripp an employee of blizz?

don't think so.

I'll believe it when someone from blizz says its happening.

Not because some no life streamer says it...
you guys that follow these people need some serious help.

Because when Blizz said we were going to have PvP shortly after Launch in a later patch, we got just what we wanted.

Anyway, Kripps information is very credible and he knows what hes talking about

01/13/2013 01:25 PMPosted by databandit
There will be no ladder. Kripp is wrong and no one gives a crap about his opinion except for idiot fanboys who drool over a guy living their dream of never having a real job.

You must be full on the Mad Juice bro.

Calm down a little.

We got pvp shortly after launch? What are you smoking? We did not get any sort of PvP close after launch, We are JUST getting some sort of low grade crap PvP now, What is it 6 months now after release... You really need to get your stuff together before you make another post, You are retarded. And for the record Kripp is a streamer who makes no money and has no job. And he has also been incorrect on almost all of his diablo 3 predictions. Dude can stay the eff in Path of Exile.
I honestly don't know what anyone is talking about "no ladder".

Kripps predictions are usually correct, and in his last video talking about the new Updates for PvP, he clearly states within the next year there will be a ladder system.

I, for one, am very glad to have a Ladder System back when it does come out.

This game was founded on a Casual AND Hardcore player base, not just one or the other. The thing that kept Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction, alive, was the ladder system.

Those of you who don't like Ladder system either quit D2 when it came out, or never got into the Diablo franchise, in which its hard-pressed to listen to a newcomers opinion which could possibly be another horrible idea for Blizzard to Incorporate into their design philosophy. (Very little people quit Diablo 2 when the Ladder came out btw)

EDIT: Actually, there was an option to choose "Non-Ladder", if people didn't like to play ladder, so there was an option for everyone.

Ladder isn't just for Hardcore players, want to know why? At end game, in this Diablo game, everyone can switch their skills whenever they want. That end game choice you made at level 60-80, when you dumped all your stats and skills into the spec you wanted was , how they say "Meaningful", but that is no longer the case.

Everyone gains the same amount of stats each level for your class. So that is already done for you, and skills you can swap out at anytime. If anyone is defending a ladder to be a hardcore thing anymore, it would be very hard to argue your case.

A ladder has much more positives than negatives. Especially if a franchise already succeeded implementing one into the game.
They can't legally have a ladder reset without having us agree to it before hand, some people have invested 1000's of dollars in their items, they can't just say too bad and delete all your items, the game would never survive after something like that taking place.

This isn't D2........ we have a RMAH here, there is a ton of red tape Blizzard would have to cut threw before even thinking about a ladder reset.
If you don't know this already, I guess you have 0 common sense. I don't know what to tell you.
I love the hysterical "Kripp's predictions are usually right"

The only predictions he's ever right about are common sense stuff that everyone and their mother predicted.

Like I mentioned, the OP doesn't even play D3, look at his profile. There will be no ladder. He's just trolling and if he's not trolling then its just Kripp on a 2nd account begging for more attention as usual - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shaunaxo-1574/

You can tell us all about how there will be a ladder when you actually play the game kid.

If you can't see why a ladder is needed in this game then you're and idiot.

One way or another, this games economy will have to be reset, because eventually everything will be worth nothing. Mark my words.

If you can't see why having a ladder reset in a game with a real money auction is rediuculous you're "an idiot".

Actually a lot of items are retaining value, just because common items are becoming closer to worthless does not mean extremely rare, sought after items will become worthless to... If something is hard to get it, it's never going to be worthless.

The only thing that makes items worthless, is creating new items, which in turn will make new valuable items, so it doesn't really matter.
I love the hysterical "Kripp's predictions are usually right"

The only predictions he's ever right about are common sense stuff that everyone and their mother predicted.

Like I mentioned, the OP doesn't even play D3, look at his profile. There will be no ladder. He's just trolling and if he's not trolling then its just Kripp on a 2nd account begging for more attention as usual - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shaunaxo-1574/

You can tell us all about how there will be a ladder when you actually play the game kid.

Out of curiosity, why are you always angry? Just lighten up for once
01/13/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Shékinah
Those of you who don't like Ladder system either quit D2 when it came out, or never got into the Diablo franchise

In my case, this statement is 100% false. In my family we competed against each other trying to finish Hell on Single Player and, aside from the occasional multiplayer, that was how we played D2 and it's how we continue to play D2 today even though we've all beaten Hell by now. You can't convince me ladder is the whole reason people play a game and you shouldn't be so close-minded as to think that.

Also, what's with everyone's love for Krip?

Because when Blizz said we were going to have PvP shortly after Launch in a later patch, we got just what we wanted.

Anyway, Kripps information is very credible and he knows what hes talking about

You must be full on the Mad Juice bro.

Calm down a little.

We got pvp shortly after launch? What are you smoking? We did not get any sort of PvP close after launch, We are JUST getting some sort of low grade crap PvP now, What is it 6 months now after release... You really need to get your stuff together before you make another post, You are retarded. And for the record Kripp is a streamer who makes no money and has no job. And he has also been incorrect on almost all of his diablo 3 predictions. Dude can stay the eff in Path of Exile.

You don't get out much do you?

It was sarcasm.
Seems to me like your flipping out.

Normal human interaction everyday is needed, to understand communication such as this. You should go out and socialize a bit more.

But yes, what you said is basically what I meant. He stated He'd believe it if it came from Blizz, which I responded with a very sarcastic remark that not everything Blizzard states is true. They're not the profits of the game, nor is the information they give a lot of the time accurate.

Edit: To add-on to what i said, i had to think when Blizzard gives us information, and its very rare that they even post information on the forums. This last patch was the only viable source of information that has entered the forums from the company in months.
01/13/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Impact
Those of you who don't like Ladder system either quit D2 when it came out, or never got into the Diablo franchise

In my case, this statement is 100% false. In my family we competed against each other trying to finish Hell on Single Player and, aside from the occasional multiplayer, that was how we played D2 and it's how we continue to play D2 today even though we've all beaten Hell by now. You can't convince me ladder is the whole reason people play a game and you shouldn't be so close-minded as to think that.

Also, what's with everyone's love for Krip?

He tends to be honest about gameplay, people see his vids and he has a fairminded evaluation. No fanboi or hater, just some honest stuff.

kripparrian's been wrong alot.
what a bunch of sheep

by that logic, sometimes he's been right.

So what are the chances of a ladder? I figure there's a chance the sheep have got it right.

Especially if Blizz implements special ladder items only, the "sheep" will follow. It's all about fun and some competiveness. Even if you're not at the top.