Kripp already said there would be Ladder

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 15 Next
1. Ladder system

2. No auction house in ladder

Fresh economy with low liquidity should force people to in game trade to find the best gear.
Didnt know who kripp was until i saw him on youtube. But just to be sure you're talking about the guy that looks like he just smoked a blunt? Doesnt look like he has seen the light of day or lost his virginity?
1. Ladder system

Fresh economy with low liquidity should force people to in game trade to find the best gear.

The game would be better without an Auction House, higher player games, and customization games where you could join pre-made games just like d2.

We're not clinging to the past, its just what should-have been.

The developers that made diablo did what they knew, and that was from a WoW perspective.

Which made D3 a very confusing trio to the franchise.

Anyway, lets not get ahead of ourselves, it will be a very very long time before Blizzard even chooses to listen to their Spidey senses.

-I want the Horadric Cube back

-8 Player games

- No RMAH

-No Unique-Equipped

-No BOA

-And a ladder.
If I remember correctly, more people are playing d2 at ladder reset than the later because its more fun and the economy is fresh and not ruined.

If you can't see why a ladder is needed in this game then you're and idiot. Infact, they should have a ladder system with no rmah, like that other guy suggested.

Funny how long its taking the D3 devs to realize, and come around full circle, to implement systems that worked in D2.

One way or another, this games economy will have to be reset, because eventually everything will be worth nothing. Mark my words.

You do not remember correctly. Many people would stop playing the game at ladder reset because they didn't feel like doing it all over again (except for botters who would gear up quickly and then sell to new people). Also, the economy would get just as bad, in a real short period of time (again, mostly due to botters). The only reason that people played more with ladder, at first, was because of the ladder only content. That ladder only content was awesome. Once the ladder reset once or twice, though, people started leaving.

Calling people names is the surest way to prove that you have no intelligent argument.... you know, besides the fact that you made no real argument at all, let alone an intelligent one. Also, the creators of the game are against ladders, so they must have reasons right?

I do agree that they need to take a closer look at some of the things that worked in d2...but ladders are not one of them.

reseting the economy is not a fix..it is a bandaid. If yall really want to start from scratch so bad, just delete your toons, give away all your stuff, and start from scratch.

Look, having some way for people to compare and compete with others is cool, but the d2 type ladders are just not the way to do it. If you wanted the best stuff you had to play ladder, due to ladder only content, but then the ladder gets reset and all your hard work is for nothing... Sure, your ladder toon would still exist as non ladder after reset, but why play non ladder when all the good content is on ladder? It's just a bad way to do things. I want the time I put into the game to count for something. I don't wanna be forced to start over every six months just to see the best content.
01/13/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Shékinah
he clearly states within the next year there will be a ladder system.

Hes clearly a Dev working for Blizzard ent.
If I remember correctly, more people are playing d2 at ladder reset than the later because its more fun and the economy is fresh and not ruined.

If you can't see why a ladder is needed in this game then you're and idiot. Infact, they should have a ladder system with no rmah, like that other guy suggested.

Funny how long its taking the D3 devs to realize, and come around full circle, to implement systems that worked in D2.

One way or another, this games economy will have to be reset, because eventually everything will be worth nothing. Mark my words.

You do not remember correctly. Many people would stop playing the game at ladder reset because they didn't feel like doing it all over again (except for botters who would gear up quickly and then sell to new people). Also, the economy would get just as bad, in a real short period of time (again, mostly due to botters). The only reason that people played more with ladder, at first, was because of the ladder only content. That ladder only content was awesome. Once the ladder reset once or twice, though, people started leaving.

Calling people names is the surest way to prove that you have no intelligent argument.... you know, besides the fact that you made no real argument at all, let alone an intelligent one. Also, the creators of the game are against ladders, so they must have reasons right?

I do agree that they need to take a closer look at some of the things that worked in d2...but ladders are not one of them.

reseting the economy is not a fix..it is a bandaid. If yall really want to start from scratch so bad, just delete your toons, give away all your stuff, and start from scratch.

Look, having some way for people to compare and compete with others is cool, but the d2 type ladders are just not the way to do it. If you wanted the best stuff you had to play ladder, due to ladder only content, but then the ladder gets reset and all your hard work is for nothing... Sure, your ladder toon would still exist as non ladder after reset, but why play non ladder when all the good content is on ladder? It's just a bad way to do things. I want the time I put into the game to count for something. I don't wanna be forced to start over every six months just to see the best content.

No one is forcing you to play ladder.

Play non-ladder when it comes out then you wont have to worry about it.
Ladders will revive this game if you like it or not. More people like it then don't. And I'm for it. GIVE ME LADDER
Ladders would be good/fun to have I agree but the OP is getting flak for essentially saying "Because Kripp said it its true".
ROFLMAO

You guys are in serious denial...

This game is all about "GRIND" and "Real Money Auction House" ... heck, you can buy AH money cards at Wal-Mart now.

Seriously peeps, this is a new age and a different game focused on playing video games while making money at the same time.
01/13/2013 07:47 PMPosted by Steggz
Ladders would be good/fun to have I agree but the OP is getting flak for essentially saying "Because Kripp said it its true".

Not too sure who you're quoting, pretty sure those exact words never entered my text at any point in time.
Jay Wilson had stated "no ladder" but he is gone and out the picture. I wouldn't keep playing D3 if I had to delete all 10 level 60 just to play new ladder. Not worth the time. Ladders were fun in d2. We weren't required to delete characters simply to play the new ladder.
[No one is forcing you to play ladder.

Play non-ladder when it comes out then you wont have to worry about it.

In d2, you were absolutely forced to play ladder, if you wanted the best content. Sure, I could just play non ladder...if I wanted a crappier version of the game.

Some form of d3 ladder that has zero ladder only content might be ok. The game is, however, not designed to support that (because they have no intention of having ladders). Furthermore, the non ladder part of the game should be the main place to be, and efforts to improve the game should be focused there. If they focus on ladders to "fix" the game then the non ladder will just go to crap and we will, once again, be forced to play ladder if we want to play a good game.
1. Ladder system

The game would be better without an Auction House, higher player games, and customization games where you could join pre-made games just like d2.

We're not clinging to the past, its just what should-have been.

The developers that made diablo did what they knew, and that was from a WoW perspective.

Which made D3 a very confusing trio to the franchise.

Anyway, lets not get ahead of ourselves, it will be a very very long time before Blizzard even chooses to listen to their Spidey senses.

-I want the Horadric Cube back

-8 Player games

- No RMAH

-No Unique-Equipped

-No BOA

-And a ladder.

"Oh ya? Well.... That's like.... Your opinion.... man." ~The Grand Lebowski
ROFLMAO

You guys are in serious denial...

This game is all about "GRIND" and "Real Money Auction House" ... heck, you can buy AH money cards at Wal-Mart now.

Seriously peeps, this is a new age and a different game focused on playing video games while making money at the same time.

Unsure if srs. Probs getting trolled but I kinda deserve it.

Pro-tip - the playerbase as a whole loses 15% of its "cash" on every RMAH sale. It's about Blizzard making money, not us. Sure, a few wanna-be economists or no-lifer 18-hours a day/botters might make a killing, but the general playing populace? Nada.
01/13/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Shékinah

Not too sure who you're quoting, pretty sure those exact words never entered my text at any point in time.

Reading comprehension hard yo
if there is a ladder it will ruin the game becuase of RMAH end of story no one who invested into there chars wants to lose that.