1.0.7 looks good, but it's missing something important!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
Extremely well thought out post. You have voiced many things I have been thinking for a while now. Hope this gets a response or at the very least forwarded to the dev team.
great post. +1
01/14/2013 08:27 AMPosted by Meto
Extremely well thought out post. You have voiced many things I have been thinking for a while now. Hope this gets a response or at the very least forwarded to the dev team.

The same thing what I would've written down.
The problem here is that this is a subject that Blizzard fears A LOT, because it touches the chore of D3's mechanics, which is extremely hard to change.

That's why Blizzard representatives have NEVER responded to itemization and stats mechanics threads (thorns doesn't count since it's utterly uninteresting), even though they sometimes get a lot of attention, feedback and positive reactions from the community.
+1 , Excellent post
/hat off
the thorns suggestion has been around for months ....
THIS is what I have been looking for. Lets see if we get a response to this, I'd be willing to bet this weeks paycheck that we will have no such luck in getting a blue to respond here. They will conveniently find a way to skate around it.
01/14/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Sithelez
THIS is what I have been looking for. Lets see if we get a response to this, I'd be willing to bet this weeks paycheck that we will have no such luck in getting a blue to respond here. They will conveniently find a way to skate around it.

They'll simply ignore it, just like they ignored everything related to itemization.
The problem here is that this is a subject that Blizzard fears A LOT, because it touches the chore of D3's mechanics, which is extremely hard to change.

That's why Blizzard representatives have NEVER responded to itemization and stats mechanics threads (thorns doesn't count since it's utterly uninteresting), even though they sometimes get a lot of attention, feedback and positive reactions from the community.

This.
+1 OP. Make it happen Blizzard, 1.0.8!
Agree, agree, and agree some more. This is the largest problem in the game to date, and Blizzard really needs to start addressing it more professionally.

Ten bucks says Blue puts on a blindfold when this post hits #1.
Worth the read, strongly agree with your points on itemization. While I like what's being done in 1.0.7 (it's a step in the right direction), crafting has a long way to go before it's a meaningful gold sink that adds wrinkles of complexity to the items (as yet no enchanting, no adding sockets, etc.).

I hope this thread gets some CM attention, but I don't expect it. Perhaps we could request a sticky?
I was surprised to see so many positives feedback right after release of 1.0.7 update, no one was addressing the itemization issue.

If this is fixed I might come back and play some more but now, no point of playing at all.
Nice post, hope the devs see this.
+1

the upcomming patch doesnt changed anything
simple said

they did 6 months for what ???

dueling
add a new gem type
and buff monks and wizards
increase exp (wow this is hard, just change some numbers in a table)

WHAT A FAIL ONCE AGAIN BLIZZARD - sorry for caps :)
read this topic blizzard, this has been said by the community from the start and still not listening to the community -> FAIL
Ive come to realize that its not the itemization on said items that are bad. Its the stats that are USELESS to us.

Blizzard really needs to make it so that off stats and other main stats rely more heavily on our characters.

Int - AR, Dex - Dodge, Str - Armor is a good start, but it needs to be DEEPER than that, as a barb(or any class for that matter) we should see an items that are not itemized for our class but are still good! Still something we could consider equipping.

We dont need more flavor stats like "Launches a fireball at the enemy" or something like that, we need the existing stats on items/weapons to mean something to every class.
great post - in d2 you knew who dropped the loot ... d3 can be fixed (I hope)
adressing the biggest issue in d3! good work putting it together! hoope that blizzard actually considers this.
GG +3