Suggestions for WD Skills 1.0.2

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 9 10 11 17 Next
Can Grasp of the dead deals weapon damage instead?

WD has NO SKILL THAT UTILIZE ELEMENTAL AT ALL.

It feel scary enough when the grasp is like burning/chilling/shocking, arcane and holy will be weird though. It's not that GOTD is spammable, at least get one skill that can use elemental weapon.

All the non-black daggers and weapons work like -1 affix nerf for the witch doctors.
Sacrifice really needs to do a higher % weapon damage.
It would be great if they change bbv to be centered on your character instead of a static spot on the ground. Could even get a cool animation where the fetish that are bbv sit on your shoulders or something like that. For such a long cool down it is such a waste to have it be effective in only one area and the movement speed buff it gives is completely useless as is.
03/25/2013 11:58 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
It would be great if they change bbv to be centered on your character instead of a static spot on the ground.

+100....I hope this happens
03/25/2013 11:58 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
It would be great if they change bbv to be centered on your character instead of a static spot on the ground. Could even get a cool animation where the fetish that are bbv sit on your shoulders or something like that. For such a long cool down it is such a waste to have it be effective in only one area and the movement speed buff it gives is completely useless as is.

..jungle drums, jaunt, stalker, angry chicken, tribal rites, spirit vessel, grave injustice...

It'd turn the witch doctor into a formula one racing car.
03/26/2013 04:14 AMPosted by Surijak

He already is!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200031694
And Chuck seems undefeated in the US...

...But this is not the thread to talk about this ^^;
I've been running with some zombie themed builds and this is my input in regards to Zombie Charger, I'm listing the runes that suck the most first. A big step can be to reduce the Mana cost for all runes except Bears and Leperous Zombie.

Wave of Zombies - This one is pure garbage, the animation is cool and the zombies move fast but the damage is way to low for the Mana cost. I suggest to reduce the Mana cost to around 80 which can open some interesting builds.

Explosive Beasts - This one is also very very bad, suffers the same problem that Spider Queen has - it's an AoE that hits a single target most of the time. It needs to hit more targets and do more damage.

Undeath - I was able make some use of this rune in low MP farming build and it can be quite fun. Could use a damage boost.

Leperous Zombie - I was able to get the most use out of this one by overlapping it with Plague Bats, they have similar range and hit quite hard together. This can give a run to Bears + Mana spiders with small damage boost.

Zombie Bears - I think those are good :)
03/22/2013 09:44 AMPosted by Jibikao
1) When haunt jumps to another target the skill duration must be reseted. In the beggining it lasted for 12 seconds, but now it only remain for 6 seconds, so it must be refreshed when it jumps to make this feature usefull

This would be great. This skill would be right where it needs to be if haunt could stack and jump reset.

He already is!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200031694
And Chuck seems undefeated in the US...

...But this is not the thread to talk about this ^^;

im racing with my dh. my dh is almost 3 times as fast as the best wd i have raced. and this wouldnt turn wd into race car lol. it would help close the gap between wd and every other class which is faster.
Sure but a BBV that follows you around is good for solo Wd not in group. A moving BBV would not work well with a team since it will move if need to kite, and that means it is not providing other group members any benefit. I'd rather have BBV stay in place so the tanks and CM can get the benefit and I can still kite if I need to. BBV on three is better than 1.
actually I think a bbv centered on you would work much better for groups as you could adjust it as you go to keep every one in range. also tanks dont need bbv, and if ur needing to kite with a cm in the group... well you got some problems lol.
Some ideas translated from french that i made before (yeah i agree with every one : french should be the world langage, would be easier for french :D) :

Zombie Charger
Base : Up the damage to 270%. The zombie travel 1 screen at max and explode when it touches 1 target.
The idea is to make a skill that do high long range damage. The runes will focus on 3 things : area damage (bears, leperous and dog), single target (wave) and "farming" (undeath)

Leperous Zombie :
Pass through ennemies (like bears).
Poison damage up to 300% for 3 sec (100%/sec).
Proc ratio relatively high (something like 50-60% each tick) to make it efficient enough with proc gear and Loh.

Undeath :
No change.

Wave of zombies :
Damage up to 200% per zombie (making it a huge single target spell)
Up the proc to 17% per zombie.
The zombies chose the same target exept if it dies between 2 of them.

Explosive dog :
Up the area of Dot to 18 yards (double)
Up the damage to 300%

Bears :
Up the Proc to 20-25% (to make them a bit less dependant form LL and allow Loh and low dps players to play them)

Plague of Toads
base : the toads move at max to 1/2 screen (close combat skill). They act like the waveshock of bear druid in D2 : the more you fire close to you, the more they separate from each other. If you click far though, the frogs tends to go together to the targets.

Base proc ratio : 80% per toad
(Rain of toad proc remains unchanged)

Addling toads :
Up the chance to confuse to 20-25%
Decrease confusion time to 2 sec
If you got Mass Confusion as an active skill, the confusion from toads will have the same effect.
(for ex, if you took devolution, you will have 50% chance to generate a dog if the monster dies while confused)

Toad affinity :
Instead of costing 12 mana, Plague of toad make the WD regain 5 mana per cast.
Chuck
03/27/2013 11:34 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
actually I think a bbv centered on you would work much better for groups as you could adjust it as you go to keep every one in range. also tanks dont need bbv, and if ur needing to kite with a cm in the group... well you got some problems lol.

ooh point! being able to move BBV to provide bonus to team mates is awesome. I think if we can recast it to reposition it, when it is up and running, that would be awesome too. It would be a good compromise between the issues we brought up.

Neurf

the more you fire close to you, the more they separate from each other. If you click far though, the frogs tends to go together to the targets.

That's an interesting idea.
they just need to make bbv centered on your character, give all runes an inharent 30% dmg increase (60% for slam dance) and lower the cd to 60sec to give it a chance to keep it up permanently so we can all feel like barbs at least once.
Just play a barb if you want to feel like one. Plus straight up paper dps increase is a bit boring. See BCD5 for my suggestions for BBV.

keep it up permanently

Yeah there should be some way to have it up more frequently but I think it should be done through items instead. Follower BBV could also come from the same item.
as with all buff lists i think that only handful of these proposed are needed to FIX what currently is regarded as broken/useless:

toad of hugeness:

my fix: make it swallow the enemy (done!) and aggro other mobs to ATTACK this swallowed enemy - killing it in the process. a funky way to create entry level Confusion with great graphics and some abuse potential but without making it overpowered.

spider queen:
+ movement speed AND add spider web snare (same as Aranea uses) reducing mobs movement speed by 60%. damage is more or less ok now but this rune simply lacks any extra utility

haunt:

good ideas, just make it happen

locust swarm:

make all runes split twice, and that extra rune to split three times. increase casting range, currently it is definitely too short. add -20movement speed to all runes. even the current version can be useful. i'd consider stacking options, but this highly depends on mob density and can easily become overpowered

zombie bears:

nerf it a little. sorry, but it simply is overpowered. keeping the damage is ok, but increase mana cost so it cannot (yes, cannot!) be spammed without SERIOUS effort

I also like the ideas of buffing fetishes (they currently simply suck) and making decaying dogs - many skills cap quickly at 3/4 dogs and then their effect is wasted. other stuff is neat, but it is only extra sugar coating that might turn out too sweet (overpowered) if implemented
Thanks for reading and sharing your ideas. :)

nerf it a little.

Right now only bears is comparable to 0Dog. Bears can be run on their own with mana skills or can, with much difficulty, support Proctors with more damage. Needless to say the other builds, spirit doc, fetish, proctor, splinters are pretty weak right now, with poor damage output or mitigation or both.

But Bears, they are good where the are at, and so is 0Dog. I've played with both quite a bit and I am satisfied with what they offer. It's the other skills that need to be brought up on par with bears and 0dog, especially, AOE and DOTs,

but it is only extra sugar coating

Let me know what you find extra and op.
since you've asked:

each time i read a list similar to this and feel 'warm and fuzzy' reading some idea it is the time i know that what i've just read is too good to be true:

- AOE haunt. no. all skills are single-target and let them stay so. it is more of a lore thing. and AOE is the king in D3, it is hard to predict what would happen (i know, this is weak..)

- mass confusion reduced timer. NO. hell, no. MC is a VERY powerful skill, that shouldnt be spammed (just like barbs Wotb.. but somehow blizz left it alone). that would create another braindead CM Wizz

- rush of essence. I love this idea. but if it happened there is no way i'd use anything else. 7 stacks is simply too good. I tried that extra INT with d3up and it is crazy amount of extra damage. that would make GI/GF even more mandatory than now.. maybe just change the mana 'return' to 1% from 49 mana? i can live with extra spirit spells, but not with extra stacks..

- while i like your fetish ideas (their current state now is 'suck') idea of them being sacrifice'able makes me worry. people now are not using fetishes so hardly anyone tested them. side idea: make their health 1/4 of zombie dog with same armor as them, make them not able to heal, make them degenerate life and increase their damage. simple number changes and these should be enough. sacrifice is already crazy powerful even when not zero'ed

- numbing dart..only if it does not affect elites too much. elite with 40% speed and attack speed is almost as helpless as an elite facing good CM Wizz.. i like the idea of reduced attack speed, but maybe not by 60% but to 60%?

- stacking acid rain DOTs.. that screams pwnage :/ it is already sick powerful..

- pile on. i'm one of these that know how to aim this thing and it is crazy powerful and underused skill. improve it - yes, but not like that (reducing cooldown)! that would create another 'must use' skill. i'm fine with dmg increase, but would propose '.. corpses leave behind a pool of poison dealing 230% dmg over two seconds' instead of flat increase. try Ray of Frost / Black Ice sometime. this should be added to ALL wall of zombies runes!

- desperate grasp. simply increase the radius, no-cooldown skills are risky..

btw since now i'm playing with firebats one observation for both Haunt and Spirit Barage: make casting them NOT stop channeling skills. you CAN cast Monk matras and fight, you can cast barbie WarCries and fight, yet the moment you cast Phantanm your firebats stop.. this alone would have fixed (not improved) these two skills. i just would love to cast toads (like these little jumping buggers) and place haunt on distant enemies at the same time. currently - not possible..

i'm all for FIXING, improving might turn out to be not needed after fixing what is currently broken
"Circle of Life" is powerful enough
Also, "Decaying Dogs" may be imbalance since you have "Sacrifice"
"Boogie Man" and "Devolution" should be more appealing if they can summon fetishs once your dogs have reached the limit number.
zombie bears:

nerf it a little. sorry, but it simply is overpowered. keeping the damage is ok, but increase mana cost so it cannot (yes, cannot!) be spammed without SERIOUS effort

@sidtherat
Can you spam ZB without SERIOUS effort?
Just how much iAS do you think you can have if you want to use ZB?
Look at barbs, all they have to do is increase DPS with nothing to worry about.
Also have you ever thought increase mana cost of ZB will make "Blood Ritual" a MUST skill for WDs?