can haunt crit?

Witch Doctor
is crit chance and crit damage useless when it comes to haunt?

i havent seen any yellow numbers against white mobs or elite packs... just would like some clarification...

also what about + poison damage on tal rasha amulet and stone of jordan.... is that prefrred over holy/arcane? when using skills like acid cloud or zombie bears.
They do crit.

Not all dots get yellow numbers when they crit.
is crit chance and crit damage useless when it comes to haunt?

i havent seen any yellow numbers against white mobs or elite packs... just would like some clarification...

also what about + poison damage on tal rasha amulet and stone of jordan.... is that prefrred over holy/arcane? when using skills like acid cloud or zombie bears.

the +elemental affixes on zuni boots and tals ammy...etc... have nothing to do with which skill you use.... they increase all your black damage by said % so the tals can be whatever doesnt matter!!!!
when haunt crits every tick crits
01/18/2013 03:33 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
..... really so it crits on a cast basis?
i dont see any crits against elite packs... is it different pvp? i havent downloaded ptr
I've been playing on the ptr for like 6 hours now.

-Haunt can crit
-If it does crit it affects the whole duration of the dot

I have yet to see a demon hunter live through a crit haunt and it doesn't matter how hard they mash the smoke screen button
01/18/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Danevil
..... really so it crits on a cast basis?

No, I believe all dots roll their crit chance on the HIT of the mob not the cast of the skill. for haunt they play out the same but for a dot like locust swarm which can hit several monsters it makes a diff.
It does crit, initial hit crits, and then whole dot damage is high.
You can easily notice it that some haunts are very weak, and some incredibly powerful. Just like with rend.