Is Starcraft 2 worth it for the Mods alone?

Games & Technology
Like I have starter edition but its very hard for me to play against people online cause I am new to all of this.

Its kinda no fun when you aren't good at RTS plus I am not exactly Asian. And I heard those guys cannot be beaten, their APM and what not is insane they are just too good.

So what about all the mods that it has you know the defense mods and what not.

Would you say its worth it for this?

Those mods are free right?

And also if those mods are free how come we don't have mods for diablo 3?
SC2 is fine, way better investment than D3.
try the SC2 forums. also when you say "mods" do you mean custom maps?
01/20/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Keltest
try the SC2 forums. also when you say "mods" do you mean custom maps?

Kelstet is correct.You should be posting this in the sc2 forums. There are some if you didnt notice. If you like sc2 it is a fun game to play. Concerning the ladder- Many ppl who practice and frequently play are in higher leagues on the ladder. If your just getting into sc2 now you will have to play somewhat often and practice w/ builds etc.. to get into the "groove" of playing on the ladder. So many ppl have been playing for a while, so you have to sort of "catch up." I play sc2 casually and dont play the ladder that often. I'm like high bronze low silver skill level. Something I've noticed a bit from ladder and from others posts on the sc2 forums is it is a bit of a pain getting out of bronze league and into silver. Concerning the asians- many who play the ladder dont play very casually. They take practicing and playing seriously so they try to invest in optimal hardware, practicing, strategy, etc..
Starcraft 2 custom games are the reason i bought starcraft 2
They somewhat killed mafia for me, by taking away the ability to become the host by creating a game and "opening the game to the public"
Ow ok thanks yeah i meant custom games

Yeah I can't post on SC2 forums because the starter edition won't let you post I think you have to buy the full game to have full access to the forums.

Admittedly the starter edition is incredible content for a free game. Trying to boost my skill before I buy the full game. Might buy when the expansion comes out I heard you can get both games for $60

One question though, how come SC2 has custom games and Diablo 3 does not?

Like why can't we create wave defense zombie mods and stuff with D3 like we do with SC2?

SC2 seems like a typical 90's Blizzard title with all the freedom etc.
One question though, how come SC2 has custom games and Diablo 3 does not?

RMAH
Starcraft 2 is a fun game.
Try this:

http://www.teamliquid.net/
^ WOW impressive!
01/20/2013 11:06 AMPosted by JOHN
^ WOW impressive!

:) You can get all the help you need there. The World Leagues, tourneys are awsome!

People there are very nice and helpful.
Aah Nice

I am sold will get this.

D3 was a massive disappointed you would swear blizzard didn't even build this game.

Since I am getting tired of D3 will move over to SC2, seems like thats a true Blizzard game.
Yes.

SC2 is probably the best value in a game ever. Some many different ways to play, and it never gets old. No monthly fee, and excellent content, graphics quality, and game design.
SC2: Heart of the Swarm comes out on March 12th, I believe.
01/20/2013 08:03 AMPosted by JOHN
Its kinda no fun when you aren't good at RTS plus I am not exactly Asian.

:/