new wizard farming build

Wizard
ok so i think i've come up with a new and faster farming build for wiz that beats archon.
i did a test with both my build and archon and here are the numbers i came up with.

NON-ARCHON
starting xp: 2,955,748
ending xp after one hour:53,612,715

ARCHON BUILD
starting xp:7,608,463
ending xp after one hour:48,124,916

and for reference, here is the build i used in this test. i'd like to see some posts on this with other peoples results
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#RQTXjS!gXf!Zccaac

and here is the archon build i used
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VmTXjS!gYf!accaac
tell me what you think and what results you came up with. now this is with my gear and no adjustments made towards maximizing the effectiveness of my build or the archon build.
If you have decent dps Disintergrate was always going to be better farming. As long as you killing stuff just as quick. It enables you wormhole whislt Archon doesnt.

But now with new EXp gain being tested on PTR> Archon will beat that build as it has bette killing power.

Then there's the SNS build which will dominate EXP gained prob more than any build/class in game now if they use the same EXP gains per MP level thats currently on PTR.
what MP?
please people, i'd really like to get some feedback on this. let me know what you think of the build, try it out, and do your own experimentation with your own gear and let me know what you think.
btw i used raohas new updated build which consists of arreat crater lvl 2, keep depths lvl 2 and rakkis crossing.
you can view the video here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvvVf1DkYgA

farmed on mp0 although my gear isnt that great. i have 176k with all of my buffs.
Disintegrate is perfectly Viable and I might add cool looking and depending on DPS is quicker MP 1-3 then any thing else just make sure you have enough - disen cost items to perma cast it as a bonus it is the coolest look skill and you do not have to look like a space alien or weather girl.

As for 4-6 archon takes over and 7-10 it is CM wizard .

People are a little to obsessed with MP and forget to have some fun as well.
My Disintegrate Frozen Storm build works in MP7+. You can have 19-20 APOC instead of stacking casting cost reduction.
bump :(
01/19/2013 06:05 AMPosted by DoctorDoom
My Disintegrate Frozen Storm build works in MP7+. You can have 19-20 APOC instead of stacking casting cost reduction.

i liked it make video and thread.
I switched over to Chaos Nexus a while ago and never looked back. The single biggest thing for me was never having to worry about the Archon timer, since I'm a packrat and I pick up damn near everything that drops. Chaos Nexus gives much of the same functionality as Archon, but the ability to pick off nearby monsters with the mini-beams and the lack of a timer makes for a much more stress free farming experience.
this is my build for xp farming at mp1-2

around 140k dps with buff

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/bigben-1669/hero/13908594

Power Hungry IS A MUST
Storm Armor ... Scramble is also really good
Hydra ... Arcane Hydra for more fire power
Hey i just tried the build, i have say, pretty good but I had to make some changes for survival and fun. your build is all dmg buff which is fine but that's what Archon build is all about too, so only skill different i see is archon replaced by disintegrate. so instead i changed couple of skills, and it feels more like we playing wizard, cause we have all these cool skills to use.
so here's my build change based your idea.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#RQTXgS!gXa!ZZZZZc

i think it's more fun and speed is very good. i can teleport further with wormhole.
slowtime for more dmg against elites and slow them down a little. DS with Prim again fighting Es some of them got more health and stuff, so it's good to have a little bit longer casting when I needed. power of storm is a option.
for passive i don't think u need Gravanazing cause u can just recaste armor anytime now since we are not in Archon forum. other two is for survival and more MP/Health return.

what do you think?
just finished a run MP1 act3.
no problem with white mobs, elits are mostly easy except for extra health, with Reflect dmg since i dont have LS except for 1.5 form skill.
clear fairly quick, i think faster than archon if i tried.
so, over all i think its' a great build, again i used some different skills than OP.
Chaos Nexus is the bomb!!!!!
Ok so I did a few MP1 runs trying this out and it worked well. I think I was able to shave off 1-2 minutes because of Teleport (Wormhole), which is way better than Archon's teleport, but I did find myself out of AP at times when faced with elites that have extra health and I wasn't able to use my APOC (around 17) to leech off mobs, and that's with Astral Presence and Power Hungry passives. So I added Siphoning Blades using this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WQRSTj!aXg!bZZcYa

Buffed I have 150k dps and 2.76 APS which makes siphoning blades leech back AP pretty nicely, but I use Leorics + HF ring so my crit is only 38%. I still run out of AP on those extra health elites (if there are only like 3-4 of them on screen so no APOC leeching) but my siphoning blades finish them off.

Overall, I feel that Archon is better. Only my movement speed improved. My killing speed didn't improve and I had to be more careful because I really noticed the missing 40% armor buff and unlimited disintegrate that archon gives. I was noticeably more squishy and found myself watching my AP a lot when I didn't have mass mobs to leech AP off from. I actually died a few times due to carelessness (RD mobs) because I'm used to just tanking them all and holding down disintegrate in Archon form until everything on screen is dead.

I did like the change of pace though, I had to pay more attention, I was using some new spells, I was having more fun playing around tweaking the build to see what works, and I'm no longer bored out of my mind using the same old Archon build that I've used the past 45+ paragon levels.

When Patch 1.07 hits I'll probably be doing MP3-4, so I'll go back to Archon because I have a feeling I'll need that 40% armor and resistance buff.
Ok so I did a few MP1 runs trying this out and it worked well. I think I was able to shave off 1-2 minutes because of Teleport (Wormhole), which is way better than Archon's teleport, but I did find myself out of AP at times when faced with elites that have extra health and I wasn't able to use my APOC (around 17) to leech off mobs, and that's with Astral Presence and Power Hungry passives. So I added Siphoning Blades using this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WQRSTj!aXg!bZZcYa

Buffed I have 150k dps and 2.76 APS which makes siphoning blades leech back AP pretty nicely, but I use Leorics + HF ring so my crit is only 38%. I still run out of AP on those extra health elites (if there are only like 3-4 of them on screen so no APOC leeching) but my siphoning blades finish them off.

Overall, I feel that Archon is better. Only my movement speed improved. My killing speed didn't improve and I had to be more careful because I really noticed the missing 40% armor buff and unlimited disintegrate that archon gives. I was noticeably more squishy and found myself watching my AP a lot when I didn't have mass mobs to leech AP off from. I actually died a few times due to carelessness (RD mobs) because I'm used to just tanking them all and holding down disintegrate in Archon form until everything on screen is dead.

I did like the change of pace though, I had to pay more attention, I was using some new spells, I was having more fun playing around tweaking the build to see what works, and I'm no longer bored out of my mind using the same old Archon build that I've used the past 45+ paragon levels.

When Patch 1.07 hits I'll probably be doing MP3-4, so I'll go back to Archon because I have a feeling I'll need that 40% armor and resistance buff.

Try the tweaks I did, using Prism diamond skin and power of storm SA. That cuts down ap cumsuming down by 10. I only got 10APoc and I was able to keep my AP up very well.
This is the build I farm with. More damage and has good survival. Everything gets slowed to the point I rarely have to kite at all. When I do Hydra gets the job done for me...hail hydra!

Disintegrate - Volatility: Clears large groups of trash instantly...at full range
Hydra - Arcane Hydra: Good AOE spam and helps when you have to kite...one click wonder
Familiar - Sparkflint: 12% damage boost plus free 20% attack...mmm damage
Teleport - Fracture: I use this as a panic button...playstyle option. Lot of things would work here
Storm Armor - Power of the Storm: With Hydra you do not have to perma spam disintegrate to kill...more power!
Magic Weapon - Force Weapon: Damage boost...The knockback does not hurt
Temporal Flux: Combined with Tele-Fracture its all the defense you will need...some skill required
Astral Presence: With SA: Power of the Storm you can spam Disin enough to get the job done...mm spam
Glass Cannon: Nice damage boost...Dont really get hit enough for the Arm/Res hit to matter

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#RijQTS!UXY!baaYZZ
This is the build I use for quick farming at MP5.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bRjXTS!TcY!cbaaYc

Almost the same, except that I use shock pulse as an arcane generator. To take advantage of this, arcane dynamo + prodigy ensures that a few casts of shock pulse is all you need before your bulb is full AND you get a 75% increase in disintegrate dmg.. which is huge.