Need 2 Weapons - Please Advise

Monk
01/24/2013 06:34 AMPosted by IPawnU
There was a sword that met all the criteria on the AH listed for 350m b/o, but in the midst of all my research, it was sold by the time I was ready to pull the trigger on it. DAMN IT!

Now you know exactly what stat mix you need though, so hopefully when you see something like that you can snatch it without hesitation.
I don't understand why you wasted an affix on the axes with iAS.

I also don't understand why you are insistent upon 1100 dps weapons at the expense of CD.

Do you want both with LS? Or are you still willing to go the only one with LS/LoH route? Also, since you have Inna's Belt (you probably want to get a WH, tbh), you will get more benefit from black weapons.

If you don't need LS on both weapons and are willing to go with a LS/LoH weapon, I'd go this route:
MH: High CD (over 90), high dex (over 150), socket

Example: There's a sword in the AH that is ~1050 dps, 90 CD, 184 dex for ~240 mill

OH: CD (highest you can get), LoH, LS, socket

Example: There's a sword in the AH that is ~1030 dps, 65 CD, 588 LoH, and 2.8% LS for 325 mill

The above gets you to 144,945 dps @ 1.99 aps.

Since you seem concerned about your AS, you should replace your gloves with CC/AS ones.
@Piffle

Thanks a lot for doing that man...I really want to break 150K though. Don't know why. But if I can't find anything that I'm looking for, I'll pull the trigger on those two weapons you've mentioned.

Also, I think it's safer to have LS on both weapons for higher MP and RD packs...no? The general consensus on the forums is to swap into two LS weapons during MP7+ RD packs.

I also would like weapons/setup that I can use in PvP if it comes to it.

p.s. you used 100 CD gems when you reached 144K dps with those gems or what is 144 without gems?
Associating the weapons as the reason you would not break 150k dps is a bit faulty. Those weapons could carry you to 200k dps, your other slots are likely what is causing the lack of dps when using those.
@Enot

Well, I have over 1Bil to spend. I'll be on tonight. I need to get this done, so if either you or Piffle has time to work with me tonight to get this complete, I'd appreciate it.

If I go the route of what Piffle stated above, I'll have over 600mil to spend on other upgrades.
Yea, 100 CD gems.

Whichever way you decide to go with LS is up to you, I just didn't know if you had changed your mind and were definitely one way or the other.

I am curious exactly what stats the swords were that got you over 150k?

Looking at the AH right now, using max buyout of 500 mill, the highest DPS sword with CD, LS, and a socket is 1178.9, 63% CD, and socket (it's black dmg too). Using two of those only gets you to 142k dps.

Bumping the CD to 70 min removes all the duped weapons and puts you with weapons under 1k.

edit: I am not trying to say the weapons in my first post are definitely the way to go. They were just what I searched for the first time. Generally when I put together budget sets, high dex and high CD (especially CD) are more important for DPS than the actual dps. But I've never spent this much money on a weapon, so maybe that changes when you can plop down this much cash on a weapon.

Really I just want you to make sure you do some research and try all the alternatives so you know which way is the best. High dex? No dex? High CD and lower DPS? Low CD and higher DPS? LoH/LS on one? Something else?
@ IpawnU

Getting a high CD socket weapon would better then a high DPS weapon. Run the numbers in the AH, and an EF would greatly boost your DPS numbers AND APS.

Double LS is not necessary, the LS/LoH route is perfectly viable too, especially with 1.07 round the corner.

I am not sure why you when for that Litany if you are looking to break 150k dps. There are plenty of rares out there that can perform better, also your nats isnt the greatest ever. Avg dmg is worth alot when you have high APS, check my profile out in d3up.com, removing those avg dmg modifiers would reduce my dps by 10k each!

I recall you got it for 200M, I think you should be able to resell it for that value after tax, maybe even getting a small profit.

A rare with 30-60 avg dmg, 75 dex, 9IAS, 4.5CC, 50 AR would outperfom your Litany by 10k dps. Likewise, getting 25-50 avg dmg, 8IAS, 4 CC on your Nats ring would increase your DPS by 10k. Those are actually quite affordable for your massive budget, round 250M will get you one including 1 defensive modifier (vit/%life/30-40 sec resist), but you have too look around. 10k at our level is really alot!

As you can see, my weapons are markedly inferior from what you are looking at, yet I am already at 175k dps unbuffed. A better OH if I could get LoH elsewhere would put me nearer to 185k dps, a WH + crit Mempo would easily allow me to break 200k dps.

I would suggest a crit EF with 1200+ dps, and a LS/LoH, 60 CD, OH with 900+ dps, preferably with good dex. Along with those rings I suggested, you can easily get 175k DPS.

Get a crit mempo/good WH and you can hit 200k DPS.

Get your weapons asap and we can do some runs sometime!
The ones I saw that were 1100 DPS each had 45+ CD, and 140+ Dex along with LS and Socket.

Also, I set the buyout at 750mil.
@ IpawnU

Getting a high CD socket weapon would better then a high DPS weapon. Run the numbers in the AH, and an EF would greatly boost your DPS numbers AND APS.

I would suggest a crit EF with 1200+ dps, and a LS/LoH, 60 CD, OH with 900+ dps, preferably with good dex. Along with those rings I suggested, you can easily get 175k DPS.

But he doesn't want an EF :P
Man...my head hurts.
The ones I saw that were 1100 DPS each had 45+ CD, and 140+ Dex along with LS and Socket.

Also, I set the buyout at 750mil.

Changed max buyout to 750 mill, added dex as a filter ... highest dps is 1118 dps, 117 dex, 49% cd ...

Effectively a DPS wash with the ones I was looking at before, but more expensive.

edit: DPS wash with the ones that I was looking at with the 500 max buyout
@ IpawnU

But he doesn't want an EF :P

Then it would be significantly harder, hmm settle for 150k dps then, and remember to upgrade your 2 rings!

Damn, I wished I had 1B to work with! Maybe a 70 str, 70 vit, 70 AR, 6CC lacuni will drop for me from a chest so I can get that 1B I deserve.
@ Piffle

OK...thanks. I'll get the ones you stated above if they are still in the AH by the time I get home from work. I'll have a ton of gold left for any other upgrade to break 150K then.

I just hope 2.8LS is enough with 144K dps.
@ Piffle

OK...thanks. I'll get the ones you stated above if they are still in the AH by the time I get home from work. I'll have a ton of gold left for any other upgrade to break 150K then.

I just hope 2.8LS is enough with 144K dps.

Barely enough, you will one shot yourself against those bugged yellow RD pack minions on MP8+, and with 150k dps, you cant kill them fast enough within 1 serenity duration, you need to squeeze some LoH in somewhere at least to stabilize the HP loss.

Also, LS is useless against RD-Heath Link packs, because they share the damage amongst themselves, and you can only lifesteal from those you hit directly, HOTA barbs kill themselves in oneshot against those. LoH is useful here.

Or you can just wait for 1.07 nerfhammer to come around!
The 144 dps was with LS and LoH, though, don't forget that.

edit: And as I said before, before you spend the equivalent of $250, make sure to do some of your own research. It is possible that I am wrong (I know, I know, crazy talk!)
I'm going to invite you two tonight to get this done with me. It's been over a week and this is getting silly. I want to play the game again.

I just want to make sure the gold I spend is well worth it and that I don't look back after spending it.

edit: And as I said before, before you spend the equivalent of $250, make sure to do some of your own research. It is possible that I am wrong (I know, I know, crazy talk!)

At this point...I'm lost all over again. Most of what I researched just went out the window with you two posting your findings here.

I must have missed that part, then it should be enough for anything the game throws at you.

Get this over with and run together soon!
It seems this is the best route to go then:

If you don't need LS on both weapons and are willing to go with a LS/LoH weapon, I'd go this route:
MH: High CD (over 90), high dex (over 150), socket

Example: There's a sword in the AH that is ~1050 dps, 90 CD, 184 dex for ~240 mill

OH: CD (highest you can get), LoH, LS, socket

Example: There's a sword in the AH that is ~1030 dps, 65 CD, 588 LoH, and 2.8% LS for 325 mill

And I'll have some cash left to upgrade the Nat's Ring (haven't decided on letting go of the Litany) and maybe the gloves.
@IPawnU

I think you basically have to decide if the some of the pieces, looking at your gloves, ammy, shoulders, belt could have better dps stats associated with them, and if you're willing to sacrifice 1 of two things, AR for improved dps, or gold to get the rolls you're looking for in those spots.

You could also just ear mark which pieces you know are the ones that you need to improve to flesh out your dps.

A portion of the issue is both prices and the availability of gear on the market.

Edit: Seems as if that is mostly where you're getting to now. You may end up having to jump in and see what happens, could do so easily with little cost at this point. Just to help flesh out how your monk is going to develope.