S&B QA Part 3

Barbarian
Prev 1 8 9 10 25 Next
HEARTS AND KISSES HHAHAHHAHHHA

well if nike goes missing ill know what happened to him. He's in xxxkans basement putting the lotion on the skin.

LOL man, my new set now beats your non-cheese burger!!

bro you dont even have ms on your boots l2p. Why dont you study my new setup like everyone else does so you can get good. You can thank me later
Hi S&B experts,

Need your opinion on my next upgrade direction, as it is becoming too trivial for any kind of further upgrades to my barb. Currently I am farming MP7 comfortably and would like improve further. I have budget of about 100M.

Some of the options which i am looking for upgrade are (ordered as preference)

1) IC with Str > 200 & MS(Atleast 10) - Mainly for better farming efficiency
2) Shield with Str > 250 and Vit > 150 and other stats remains the same - Mainly for better EHP.
3) Ammy with CC > 9 & CD > 90 - In Dilemma to craft myself in the patch 1.0.7
4) Witching Hour for overall DPS improvement, need to switch 'Tough Nails' to 'Blood Thirst' passive.

Please advice on your expert opinion. Thanks!
dont listen to nike, he doesnt even lift irl
i have never been into farming, but i guess i could give it a try. currently i just do mp 7 at my own pace and mostly killing key wardens. but a lil change isnt bad either i guess.

whats your farm routes?
is my build ok for farming?
what mp should i farm with my gear ?
is it possible to keep permawrath up as s&b with hota (i seriously hate WW in any style)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AlNeo-2621/hero/4368996

LOL man, my new set now beats your non-cheese burger!!

bro you dont even have ms on your boots l2p. Why dont you study my new setup like everyone else does so you can get good. You can thank me later

Haha man my new set can faceroll act 3 hell with my eyes closed!!!
02/01/2013 02:57 AMPosted by Jook
dont listen to nike, he doesnt even lift irl

lol man i lift garbage cans for breakfast!
Hi S&B experts,

Need your opinion on my next upgrade direction, as it is becoming too trivial for any kind of further upgrades to my barb. Currently I am farming MP7 comfortably and would like improve further. I have budget of about 100M.

Some of the options which i am looking for upgrade are (ordered as preference)

1) IC with Str > 200 & MS(Atleast 10) - Mainly for better farming efficiency - MS on IC is really cool however you need to look for good deals, most of IC with MS are pretty expensive.

2) Shield with Str > 250 and Vit > 150 and other stats remains the same - Mainly for better EHP. - We would recommend Stormshield with cc and 30+% block. The additional block %, elite/melee damage reduction > than VIT. You will also benefit from it when you pvp

3) Ammy with CC > 9 & CD > 90 - In Dilemma to craft myself in the patch 1.0.7 - Yes your desired stats are recommended, but make sure it has main stats in it like STR, VIT, or any of the following for additional EHP boost AR/Armour/life%

4) Witching Hour for overall DPS improvement, need to switch 'Tough Nails' to 'Blood Thirst' passive. - TWH is good for extreme dps boost especially for farming but make sure bloodthirst can keep you alive. I noticed that you dont have LS on weapon so be careful with this decision, its very risky on your part. I would say don't prioritise this for now.

In addition you may want to get an ik belt for the 3rd ik bonus..

Please advice on your expert opinion. Thanks!

@cvvikram I've replied on against each of your bullet points above.

Nike
@AlNeo - thanks for visiting our thread in US, below some info

1. We usually do alkaizer routes, or sometimes it depends on our mood where we just port whenever we want to go and sometimes we do ACT 2 when we get bored with ACT 3 just for a change
2. Yes, its fine but you need to focus on upgrading your dps to get you slowly on higher mp levels
3. between mp2-mp5, find your comfort zone between these mp levels.
4. yes we can perma WOTB, you need to have high CC and good IAS, but IAS is the main key because you need to hit faster with HOTA so you can generate more Crits and Fury.

BALLER may add additional info because he is a guru for S&B farming...

Nike
Just thought id thank the shield community for its continuing willingness to help answer questions whenever possible. Lots of respect goes to people that make this thread active.
@vict3r - thanks for the respect bro, even with our busy schedules we still have to find time on keeping this thread alive, and i believe it has served it's purpose. Since we started the S&B Thread Q&A 1 (special thanks for QHtran), we have only seen a few of those "S&B asking for help" individual threads after that and recently i have not seen a single one. Hence we have helped the barb community forums to get a bit tidy and just compiled everything here.
I dig the fact that the majority of the conversations in this thread are mature and constructive. Most people here are respectful of each other. I tend to see a lot of negativity in 2h or dw threads.
Props to the S&B community and its contributors. You guys deserve credit for dealing out relevant knowledge and I'm sure that there will be many more barbs hopping on the S&B thread when 1.07 goes live.

Let us dye our Stormshield :-)
This is by and large my favorite thread in the history of any game I've played over the last 15 years. Helpful advice, no bickering, and on topic discussion. Keep it up. This thread and the people in it have convinced me to drop 2hand style in favor of SnB, which is the opposite of my usual playstyle (2hand. It's how I beat Inferno back in May!).
thanks Nikeboy but the thread sprand to life on it's own thanks to you guys

.... on another note *I was over reacting lol = P
I think that's a profile bug, QHTran. My shield in-game still reads 34% Block.
thanks for checking sfxer = ) ... I'm at work so can't check but it was an unpleasant supprize to me when i first looked
@AlNeo - thanks for visiting our thread in US, below some info

1. We usually do alkaizer routes, or sometimes it depends on our mood where we just port whenever we want to go and sometimes we do ACT 2 when we get bored with ACT 3 just for a change
2. Yes, its fine but you need to focus on upgrading your dps to get you slowly on higher mp levels
3. between mp2-mp5, find your comfort zone between these mp levels.
4. yes we can perma WOTB, you need to have high CC and good IAS, but IAS is the main key because you need to hit faster with HOTA so you can generate more Crits and Fury.

BALLER may add additional info because he is a guru for S&B farming...

Nike

Yeah the standard routes work good, Alk runs, Vault runs in Act 2 are also good though.

Basically you find the vault of assassins in the desolate sands and never port out, so when you restart you start the new game there. I like doing Vault to Black Caynon Mines, then KW in the Oasis. Then repeat. Usually you will get like 12 -15 elite packs in this very short run.

Best Build for farming other than WW is as follows. For my gear, Mp5-7 is the best, if I go higher, Smash rune on hota is better.

1 - Rend - Lacerate
2 - Sprint - Marathon March (You can use run like the wind to if you want)
3 - Battle Rage - Into the Fray
4 - WOTB - Thrive on Choas
Left - Frenzy - Maniac
Right - Hota - Thunderstrike

Reason for the Thunderstrike rune is you are able to generate more fury since you are hitting more targets it seems and when you kill things everything becomes stunned around it, so all the mobs stay in place and sets up rend and smashing really nice. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Now if you are just pack hunting and skipping trash, then I would recommend using Hota - Smash instead.
Yeah guys, thanks for adding to this thread an keep the questions coming, it is doing nothing but helping everyone out. I am also sorry if I miss any questions, I try my best to attend to all un answered ones.
thx alot for the aNswers baller and nikeboy! its a pain in the !@# getting my dps up atm, way out of my budget atm.
Have you guys ever thought of starting another char besides our barbs? Iam almost done lvling a WD (1 more lvl) he is gonna be a Zdog build. Got 2 of the 3 set pieces prolly pick up a homunculus this weekend.

sorry for being off topic.