I just saw something really cool

General Discussion
I killed a large zombie and rushed away to kill another mob. when I rushed back the upper half was crawling away from me as if to get away. The sense of being so overwhelming powerful that the mobs ran away in fear was really cool.

Diablo needs more of that, but extremely rare. Like how often unique mobs generate.
no, please not. The "kiting" enemies are already enough. If even white trash like zombies would now run away as well ...
You wilt against my blows
Just wait until you run up against a naturally fast creature with the "fast" affix and THEY start running away.

Talk about a PITA to kill.
Not run, crawl. As in you beat them up and at some point it's obvious you're going to kill them and they crawl away in fear; too wounded to run. The whole idea is that is a new death animation (with or without the ability to deliver a killing blow).
Not run, crawl. As in you beat them up and at some point it's obvious you're going to kill them and they crawl away in fear; too wounded to run. The whole idea is that is a new death animation (with or without the ability to deliver a killing blow).

I hear what you're saying, but anything that messes with their (the "community" trollololol) kill speed will upset them and send them into a posting fury on the forums... oh wait they do it anyway?

Oh god, do you know how funny it would be if for a day all the mobs had haste and actively tried to get away from the players. Oh the rage that would insue.
April First is coming...
I like it when my Fists of Thunder electrocute a boss and they just fall in a charred heap. They don't even get the chance to have a glorified death scene--it's awesome.
I hate the monsters that run away from me and i have to chase them a crossed the map, fallen mages are the worst not hard just annoying. I guess I just remember the d2 days where the whole screen would be filled with monsters chasing me.
Just wait until you run up against a naturally fast creature with the "fast" affix and THEY start running away.

Talk about a PITA to kill.

Rare pack with fast of those devilkin-like guys... They are already fast AND scatter when you kill one.

NOT fun.
Those bastards in ACT3 (Fat goats that shield) ARE NOT FUN.
...at which point when you came back it happened to be patrolling away from your character giving you the impression it was "crawling away."
Yes I knew that at the time.

I hate the monsters that run away...
To make the point very clear to everyone: never at any time was I suggesting that a fully healed mob should run away, nor did I suggest that hurt ones should run away. I played D2. I remember Lut Gholein and the desert beyond. I absolutely hated the Sand Leapers with all their jumping around and running away. Never in a million years would I want to fight monsters like that again.

I only said that the impression that a defeated mob was crawling away in fear was really cool.

...but anything that messes with their [...] kill speed...
There is a guard that crawls and then dies on the Rakkis Crossing. This is exactly what I was think of as a 'death animation'. No need to kill it for a second time. No loss in rate of killing.

I personally would prefer it if instead (on a very rare occasion) after killing a mob (and getting the xp) a 'torso' would drop that crawled away. I would like to be able to kill that as well. The toon could even say, "No you don't...no one escapes my wrath!" It's all just atmosphere. No change is needed in the way the game is played.
I killed a large zombie and rushed away to kill another mob. when I rushed back the upper half was crawling away from me as if to get away. The sense of being so overwhelming powerful that the mobs ran away in fear was really cool.

Diablo needs more of that, but extremely rare. Like how often unique mobs generate.

yeah, cuz "zombies" "think" and it's "realistic" and "cool" that they, of all monsters, should show a self-preservation instinct.
01/21/2013 08:28 PMPosted by STG
yeah, cuz "zombies" "think" and it's "realistic" and "cool" that they, of all monsters, should show a self-preservation instinct

*cough* if I wanted realism I wouldn't be here.