The as-yet unknown downside to public Monster Power

General Discussion
First let me say,

I have been saying release Public Monster Power since they first announced it. Thankfully 1.07 is going to now have this option!

However,

The # of games just went up exponentially. Now I have to pick the correct quest @ the correct MP to try & find games with people.

Joining games needs to be designated by Act, NOT quest.

Or enable open world. That seems like a lot of coding though.
OPEN WORLD!!!
i agree, but once u choose which act, it shows you how many ppl are doing which quests, and then u can choose from there which quest to join. i think this would be a better option to how it is now
The biggest problem I would say is grouping still isn't very beneficial along with the fact monster power doesn't automatically skill with the amount of players in the game like it did in Diablo 2, thus further segregating the community. And the lack of a proper game creation system...
Grouping is beneficial only because solo'ing is really boring/stupid/anti-every reason the game & the internet was made.
Instead of increasing monster health with each player by 75%, they can increase MP levels by one per additional player. This will apply in public games which always starts at MP0 and private games which can then go up to MP13.

This makes multi-player very attractive and mathematically advantaged in terms of loot and xp. Of course the downside is team management as always.
Instead of increasing monster health with each player by 75%, they can increase MP levels by one per additional player. This will apply in public games which always starts at MP0 and private games which can then go up to MP13.

This makes multi-player very attractive and mathematically advantaged in terms of loot and xp. Of course the downside is team management as always.

increasing monster health @70% per additional player is simply an EXP boost for multiplayer.

* monster health is 70% per person.

* a 4 man party means mobs are increased by 310% .

* assuming 4 people kill 4 mobs. in total, each 310% x 4 of monster hp was reduced to 0, 4x100% of mob xp was gained per person

* therefore 1240% total dmg dealt = 1600% total xp gained

* equivalent to 100% dmg dealt = 129% xp gained.

* ie: monster health reduction is equivalent to a 29% exp bonus in a 4 man game.

--
yes personally they should simply change it to bonus monster health = 100% per person, each person grants 8%-10% exp bonus , because its more obvious

----

increasing MP lvl increases incoming damage which not everyone is prepared for.
First let me say,

I have been saying release Public Monster Power since they first announced it. Thankfully 1.07 is going to now have this option!

However,

The # of games just went up exponentially. Now I have to pick the correct quest @ the correct MP to try & find games with people.

Joining games needs to be designated by Act, NOT quest.

Or enable open world. That seems like a lot of coding though.

not to mention 99% of games u join are going to be full of failbos trying to play over their level. myself included. :P