I played poe for a bit...

Games & Technology
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
Yup, just proving my point. D2 did inspire PoE and many find it entertaining. Get off your highhorse. You've obviously never played it.

My point is, JUST LIKE D2JSP.ORG was inspired by D2, the designers of POE who played D2 and used D2jsp.org WERE INSPIRED BY D2 AND D2JSP to make something like PoE open Beta which will lead to prophits

D2jsp.org = Well conrstructed rip off that was put together for people to be able access each other to trade with using their forum gold (which you could buy for money) (Owner Paul tolberg)

Rip off of what. What did d2jsp rip off from? There was NO dedicated trading site that allowed people to trade in such a fashion.

Please Forum Troll #1854 tell me what the website ripped off.

Please go somewhere else.
01/25/2013 11:17 AMPosted by briarben
So far the game seems fresh and we love all the options availible to us without having to be cookie cutter

Every game that has character skill sets where you choose what path to take will have a cookie cutter spec... the only reason you don;'t think so now is simply because you have yet to reach endgame and find out what the optimum spec is.

GW2 was supposed to kill diablo 3... didn't do it.

Next up, POE is supposed to kill Diablo 3.. i think people who want D3 to die will be sadly mistaken for putting all their eggs in the POE basket.

Those eggs are free, smash away.
The best thing is to turn off global chat. Tons of trolls in there.

What bothers me equally as the D3 bashers is the Blizz fanboys that load the game up and criticize PoE before even completing the first difficulty.

It is very true. D3 combat is smoother, the cinematics are well done(even if the story sucks, and the world is rich with lore.

PoE on the other hand allows for very deep customization. It really allows you to build multiple characters that differ greatly from everyone else. Unless you like to copy people of course. I have 2 witches both lvl 20. One is a frost arrow / summoner. The other is an energy shield / lightning spec. They play very different, require different gear to play effectively but both are very viable and quite fun to play.

I was constantly looking for the exact same gear with a different main stat to gear my D3 characters. It is very shallow and leads quickly to boredom.

I still have hopes for D3 to turn it around but I will play PoE until that happens.
01/25/2013 11:30 AMPosted by NeLLy
Yup, just proving my point. D2 did inspire PoE and many find it entertaining. Get off your highhorse. You've obviously never played it.

My point is, JUST LIKE D2JSP.ORG was inspired by D2 there designers of POE who played D2 and used D2jsp.org WERE INSPIRED BY D2 AND D2JSP to make something like PoE open Beta which will lead to prophits

Are you mad that a Game is going to make money?

Do you honestly think games are made with the intention of going bankrupt?

Your grammar and spelling is horrible.
Rip off of what. What did d2jsp rip off from? There was NO dedicated trading site that allowed people to trade in such a fashion.Please Forum Troll #1854 tell me what the website ripped off.Please go somewhere else.

LOL d2jsp was a rip off, people used real money to buy forum gold in order to aquire diablo 2 items... instead of people just trading in the game without using any forum gold
I played POE for quite long time, I had a lvl 79 Maraouder on Hardcore but he is wiped now with the open beta starting. I started playind D3 before POE closed beta though.

I´d say that the Diablo 3 client patch 1.3 (just before Paragon) I started feeling very fed up with Diablo becuase it felt so "un-finished", which to me is kinda the opposite of what Blizzard have stand behind previously.

So I tried out this free to play small game called path of exile.

The client at that time really wasnt very impressive at all I thought, 95% of the players over- exaggerate how good the game actually was.
And also, almost all of the people hyping POE like crazy was always below lvl 20.

Ive done everything there is to do almost on POE hundreds of hours, and it does have much more choices of specs and builds, but besides the HUGE talent tree and diversity, there isnt much other worthwhile stuff beside that point.

The animations and sounds in POE is very stiff and clunky, compared to Diablo 3, is like Bambi cagefighting Godzilla.

Path of Exile is a great game, no doubt about it, and that its also developed by such small company compared to Giant Blizzard makes it even more coool.

Im 99% positive that Diablo 3 will continue to develop in the right direction, and I also think it will go faster and faster.

Look back at Diablo 3 at release and compare it now, it has already gone many good patches.

But they seriously need to speed up the updates for Diablo 3 if they really want players coming back to this game in massses.

Give us more patches, much faster, have the guts to take some risks, like implementing some crazy !@# arena mode.

Im positive Diablo 3 will be the better game in 6 mounths, it already is I think.

So much people give Diablo 3 so much flak that it doesnt deserve, sure many things are kind pathetic for being Blizzard, but the way it has been last mounths is crazy and extremly immature.

Even the OFFICIAL FORUMS can barely be used by normal players becuase all spam and trolling!
Are you mad that a Game is going to make money?Do you honestly think games are mad with the intention of going bankrupt?Your grammar and spelling is horrible

no i never said im mad, dont tell me POE is not Pay2Win because it will be evantually so stop trying to talk bs about D3 how its pay2win and PoE isnt..... bunch of bs
01/25/2013 11:30 AMPosted by NeLLy

My point is, JUST LIKE D2JSP.ORG was inspired by D2, the designers of POE who played D2 and used D2jsp.org WERE INSPIRED BY D2 AND D2JSP to make something like PoE open Beta which will lead to prophits

D2jsp was created for D2.. as a place to trade items. It was not "inspired" by D2.

PoE was indeed inspired by D2 but the game is the epitome of net loss. Their microtransactions are similiar to Dota 2 with how good they are(Dota 2 doesn't make money but attracts tons of players to valve..).. and they seem to be living off millions of donations at the moment.

D3 has made 100s of millions in profits. PoE won't even come close. It's a fun game with very in depth mechanics. It has no gold, it has no AH, it doesn't even have XP boosts.. and it's entirely free.
What lame points you people are making how POE is better then D3... LoL NEVER

Diablo 3 and Blizzard ENT is on a different level

PoE bunch of underground designers who were inspired by Blizzards game
01/25/2013 11:32 AMPosted by NeLLy
Rip off of what. What did d2jsp rip off from? There was NO dedicated trading site that allowed people to trade in such a fashion.Please Forum Troll #1854 tell me what the website ripped off.Please go somewhere else.

LOL d2jsp was a rip off, people used real money to buy forum gold in order to aquire diablo 2 items... instead of people just trading in the game without using any forum gold

I have a ton of forum gold. I've never bought any.

How is that different from D3's Auction House which was ripped off from d2jsp?

You can't trade high value items for low value items en masse'. There has to be a form of currency. Gold had no value in D2 (I never needed any)

If you mean a 'ripoff' as in "You were swindled" then I disagree. I've made nothing but profit using that site. I can sell you TIX for MTGO or straight up trade you TIX for D3 Gold. I don't even need to use the sites currency.

Its also very hard to get scammed using that site. I'm just going to assume that you're a troll with no relative value to add to any discussion.

What lame points you people are making how POE is better then D3... LoL NEVER

Diablo 3 and Blizzard ENT is on a different level

PoE bunch of underground designers who were inspired by Blizzards game

I'm having more fun playing POE than D3. I'm bored of mindless farming. How rustled are your jimmies that I'm having fun?

Diablo 3 has a ton of problems (we all know this). How about you just shut the **** up and let people enjoy a video game that reminds them of Diablo 2, because I can tell you D3 doesn't remind me of D2 enough.
Diablo 3 was super fun too when I was in normal mode and level 5.
@xxBarabb ahh bunch of jibberisch...

I speak 3 languages buddy, i dont mind misspelling a word or two or three...
I have a ton of forum gold. I've never bought any.How is that different from D3's Auction House which was ripped off from d2jsp?

like i didnt have forum gold... i had tons of it my self...

Blizzard created AH so 3rd party sites like jsp cant take advantage of their game, dont hate blizzard for that you haters

and also to give people a safe way to use real money.
@xxBarabb ahh bunch of jibberisch...

I speak 3 languages buddy, i dont mind misspelling a word or two or three...

I speak 5 languages fluently. I can't type Kanji, but I can read it and speak Japanese with 0 grammatical errors.

I implore you to please learn to speak and type 1 language properly before attempting another.

Use spellcheck. Use common sense. Or you could just go post in your native language. Its highly likely I can read it and respond accordingly.

like i didnt have forum gold... i had tons of it my self...

Blizzard created AH so 3rd party sites like jsp cant take advantage of their game, dont hate blizzard for that you haters

and also to give people a safe way to use real money.

Actually, they wanted a cut of the cash cow. Hater? I've defended this game on practically every gaming forum while embracing the criticism.

Safe? D2jsp + Paypal is as safe as Blizzard's Paypal functions. I would prefer you bring accurate information to the table and create a discussion rather than a rant of little intellectual value.

I feel the need to mention that the majority of people in this thread enjoy D3, but are probably bored on some level. POE is a welcome excursion from D3. I'm sure you would kick your sit n spin over if you knew I liked Counter Strike and hated Call of Duty.
Umm I am pretty sure people have pointed out they understand the pros/cons of each game and enjoy playing BOTH. No one in this thread is bashing D3...

ok good for you and them. My point was and always will be... a game that talks about how its not Pay2Win and totally free begins by asking people to buy gold for some pets in order to play it.... wtf is that its contradicting it self right there... (Please help fund our project) sure lol