How It Went Terribly Wrong, Because They Listened To Us

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 36 Next
this game would probably be the most popular RPG game right now

You mean in the purely hack-n-slash genre? because
in the RPG genre, Borderlands 2 is pretty damn good
and won alot of Game of the Year awards.
01/22/2013 10:27 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
I want to encourage you all to continue to post your thoughts on the subject and I promise we will keep reading and relaying them.

How It Went Terribly Wrong, Because They Listened To Us

Is it just me or anyone else also see a conflict there?

Nope. I saw it too. ;)

That said here is what I think would be a simple solution that shouldn't take too much time to fix. Class specific items always roll appropriate main stat.
01/22/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Fantomex

Is it just me or anyone else also see a conflict there?

Nope. I saw it too. ;)

That said here is what I think would be a simple solution that shouldn't take too much time to fix. Class specific items always roll appropriate main stat.

that is the major flaw right now it doesn't if it did it would fix a host of problems.
01/22/2013 10:12 PMPosted by TheCursed
Also choosing is easy. Choosing one that satisfies both the players and shareholders on the other hand...

Bingo!
BL2 has even less customization than D3...
01/22/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Zyfer
Great post, OP. My only gripe is that D2 was in no way balanced... There were quite a number of character builds that were plain ridiculous just like D3. Hammerdin was probably the most depressing class I've ever had to play with. I think like 1 monster in the entire game didn't take full damage from hammers.

Wailing Beast :
Magic Immune
Not undead, nor demon.

The primary source of imbalance in D2 is the inability to reduce magic damage and the ability to fully absorb other elements. Otherwise the players balanced it out themselves by adapting.

Just throwing that scrap of info out there.
01/22/2013 10:45 PMPosted by TopStock
Nowadays, it's a bit better since Inferno got nerfed and we now control the difficulty.

what does this say when you don't even need the godly items you are trying to farm anymore??

wait till you see Reflect, Molten & Fallen Maniacs nerf in 1.07... you can farm inferno with blues now

That just mean they screwed up on the initial Inferno. The difficulty was there and I had most of my fun during that time trying to kill Inferno bosses (EXCEPT AZMODAN). However, the game wasn't challenging, except in a few instance. It was just unfair mechanism killing you.

Bosses should have remained hard IMO (not as stupid hard as Izual was). Elites were the ones who needed to be nerfed because of how random and unfair they could get.
This post is a good read with a lot of great feedback and I appreciate you putting it together. Thanks! While there are other points in the original post, I wanted to briefly talk about items since it’s the big one.

We know that (for many players) it’s much more rewarding to gear up from items that you find while playing normally than it is to necessarily go through Auction House, and we’re working to make improvements in that area. There are a lot of ways we could attempt to reach that goal, and choosing the best one(s) to go with is not always a fast process. I want to encourage you all to continue to post your thoughts on the subject and I promise we will keep reading and relaying them.

Well, when you finally get this part done, "and we’re working to make improvements in that area"; I will start to enjoy farming/playing d3 again. I will play it alllotttt more.

Until then, good day. Until then, this game will continue to makes me rage, sad, & disappointed every time I log in.
They knew about all what we asked, they knew about how D2 worked. In fact they want to prove to us that they would make D3 better by other directions. But they was wrong. D3 is good, but it's become a big failure because of itself title. Maybe it should be Activision-blo, Jay-blo, not Dia-blo. I believe that Blizz team spent their hard work, but they forced D2 fan-boys to waiting for long long time for the thing that was so different than before.

Nonetheless, I wish they will drive this game back to right way.

What does customization have to do with
killing lots of stuff in a fun manner and
getting better items?
Also: that game is hilarious which helps.

B2 customization is from the guns dumb-!@#.

A shotgun alone can do:
- powerfull single shot
- burstfire
- shoot rockets
- Low spread for med range
- high spread with more fragments for close range
- have scope,
- have more ammo
- have better accuracy as you shoot
- faster reload
- shoot grenades
- shoot multiple rockets
- shoot elemental exploding balls
- burn/slag/corrode/shock
- shoot bouncing bombs
- shoot smiley face arranged frags.
- dualwield shotguns!
- stabbing bayonet
- etc, (i dont remember all now)

And as mentioned. RPG means immersion. Story, environment, character development, story progression through decisions; these are the main factors of rpg's.
Here's another idea. In D2, there were different places you could go to farm for specific things--at least certain places and bosses had a better chance to drop specific items. For instance, if you wanted a place that had a better chance of dropping high runes, you went to Lower Kurast; if you wanted basic uniques to get things started, you went to harass NM or Hell Mephisto; Pindleskin for fewer drops but he could drop most of the best stuff in the game; The Pit and other level 85 areas for a good mix of gear and runes, etc. This kept things interesting, and depending on what mood you were in you could go farm for different things, sort of like mini-quests (you've probably seen the thread here where people were trying to find Leoric's ring--that sort of thing).

The addition of Keywardens and Ubers were a nice step in this direction in terms of keys and organs, but it would be great to have places or bosses that a greater chance to drop certain levels of legendary items, gems, etc.
Well said OP ,I don't agree with every thing you have to say but well thought out.

IMO the down fall of D3 will simply be that D2 was a social game. You had 8 player games,Could sit in channels for hours chatting away,You could message , chat with all your F/L at the same time and See games and decide if you wanted to join them Not be forced into them. As it stands now the most social you can be is having 3 randoms join you in an open game ,Who won't say word one 99% of the time . Yes, You can game with you friends list but it's just not the same as the good old D2 7 other random people playing through act's 1-4 or 5 ,Chatting the whole time and usually having a good time .

Now when I join a game I seem to be the only one that ever says any thing beyond E or G .The runs feel rushed now because of the lack of for a better thing to call it Team Work.

Unless Blizz dose something to address these problems the game will die a slow and pain full death.

What does customization have to do with
killing lots of stuff in a fun manner and
getting better items?

Customization allows you to :
Kill lots of stuff in a fun manner of your choosing.
Get items that are useful specifically for your build.
It's easier to get "better" items when everyone else isn't looking for the same ones.
This post is a good read with a lot of great feedback and I appreciate you putting it together. Thanks! While there are other points in the original post, I wanted to briefly talk about items since it’s the big one.

We know that (for many players) it’s much more rewarding to gear up from items that you find while playing normally than it is to necessarily go through Auction House, and we’re working to make improvements in that area. There are a lot of ways we could attempt to reach that goal, and choosing the best one(s) to go with is not always a fast process. I want to encourage you all to continue to post your thoughts on the subject and I promise we will keep reading and relaying them.

Just remove the Auction House.

You dont "work to improve" , just improve it.

You've been "working to improve" the past 7 months. Spare us the political response.
01/22/2013 11:15 PMPosted by Helix
The addition of Keywardens and Ubers were a nice step in this direction in terms of keys and organs, but it would be great to have places or bosses that a greater chance to drop certain levels of legendary items, gems, etc.

Yup. And I know they wanted us not to just farm bosses like in D2 (which I kind of agree with) but bosses are bosses for a reason. They are badass and have the best loot.

Just make it so we need 10 stacks or more (all the stacks after five have no additional bonuses) to get a better chance at getting a legendary from a boss.

That way people will always end their run with a fun boss battle, but won't be able to just farm the bosses exclusively.