Socket quest, YES or NO?

General Discussion
No.

I always felt this was against the item hunt philosophy.
Didn't like it in Diablo 2, don't want it in Diablo 3.
01/25/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Renraga
I like the idea of making it account bound once socketed.

This.

That^^
I hope they make it account-bound. It would give people incentive to farm for items.
01/25/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Orange
Yes, but make the item account-bound.

i'll agree with this one.
otherwise no.
I'm gonna go with the people saying YES socket and item changes automatically to BoA.
No, item affix should be from rolls only.
there is no reason to have a socket quest. In the beta, Shen could simply add sockets to an item. No to quest, yes to crafting a socket
Item socketing is needed IMO. Tired of finding legendary/set items that are almost usable. Found a bul'kathos the other day and it was missing CD, the ability to socket would've made it useful. I like the idea of it being account bound once socketed.
yes and all the items BoA would never floode AH again ... economie like hc it's fun :)
100 infernal essences + unsocketed item should add socket and make the item account bound.
Yes.

Adding a socket to an item is not going to destroy the economy, take off the tin foil hats. Botters have already done a good job with that.
I like the idea of making it account bound once socketed.

Ehh no to account bound, Just add it to the jewel dude, and make it cost 10-20 million gold to socket an item. Maybe gold will be worth something again

HELL NO, then all legit players will never get sockets because its almost impossible to get that much gold farming legit. Your solution just makes this game even more Pay to Win...
01/25/2013 12:37 PMPosted by elitesny
I have seen other requests to bring back the "socket quest", but havent seen any blizzard replies to this question. I am new to the forum, so if there is an answer, please advise. This would greatly help those who cant afford or find "godly equiptment" to atleast do decent in the game.

I have no clue if it is true, but I have read somewhere they (Bliz) didnt liked the idea of the quest feelint "mandatory". Yeah ...
I have seen other requests to bring back the "socket quest", but havent seen any blizzard replies to this question. I am new to the forum, so if there is an answer, please advise. This would greatly help those who cant afford or find "godly equiptment" to atleast do decent in the game.

I have no clue if it is true, but I have read somewhere they (Bliz) didnt liked the idea of the quest feelint "mandatory". Yeah ...

But arent all the quests mandatory to complete each difficulty anyways? I think they didt want to add it to the jewler because it would feel mandatory to socket all items you got.
01/25/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Orange
Yes, but make the item account-bound.

I truly truly hate BoA items, however, this might be the first time I heard a good argument for one. Sure lets us socket stuff, but make it BoA.

Or like D2 exp, let it only be for 1 item per difficulty or a crafting (blacksmith) thing; so you have to make decisions on what to socket.

Honestly think helms should have like a 50/50 chance to be socketed automatically, same with weapons. neither are worth much if they don't have a socket or didn't win the lottery on stats.
Adding socketing is necessary. Many awesome finds are worthless because they failed to roll a socket. Isn't one of the major complaints, "I want to find my own gear instead of buying it in the auction house". Socketing will directly impact this in a positive way.

I understand that adding socketing will also negatively impact the value of some items, but I have no sympathy for the person that spends an exorbitant amount of real money on an item with fair warning and full knowledge that item stats might change over time. He has accepted that risk and decided that it is worthwhile for him to pay whatever the cost to license that item until such a change occurs. Obviously he has the financial ability to absorb the loss, and most likely the aptitude to adapt.

Socketing will not crash the market, it will shift the market as others have suggested. Instead of crit + socket echoing fury's people will seek crit + life steal echoing fury's. While the price of a mempo might go down, all resist / low fire damage andy's and CC or AR storm crows might go up.

We have all read, "But then rolling a socket will take away from the value of an item because it has a limited amount of other affixes."
Well, So what?
Rolling Thorns takes away the value of an object because it then has a limited amount of other affixes - yet the item still has some opportunity to be good. NOT rolling a socket completely destroys the value of many items, and instead of hoping for that socket roll… we might just hope that it doesn't happen instead.

Adding socketing brings more positive than negative to the game.

Lastly, What about a gold sink? How about another brimstone sink? How about an item sink via making these socketed items account bound … or not. These are all things that the game needs.

I am assuming socketing will be added at some point, after all it has already been developed and it is certainly necessary. I wish it had been here on day 1, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen at all.
I think they should come up with an original idea instead of stealing it from D2.

I vote no for a socket quest.

Yep, lets all be hipster for the sake of being hipsters. Idiots! sheesh!
Blizzard is afraid of it becoming mandatory to socket things. Well how about this...

Everything that can have a socket gets one automatically. This way its not mandatory to go socket things because they are all socketed already. You can still customize your gear by choosing which gems to socket with. If they did something like this i would like to see the return of jewels. If everyhting has a socket we would need more cool things to put in those sockets to make sockets meaningful again.