if you can't perma, you suck; expectations...

Wizard
added liquid, jellz, and yems

and jellz, i don't use aph's build for meteors
Kule SB is easy if you position correctly.

You have to be able to proc off SB whilst still aiming at Kule.

I can full lock that uber fight in mp10 if I get set correctly.

If I don't the fight suddenly gets much more difficult.

yeah but with my poor latency (200ms) i really cant help it. Although there really are times that we kill em totally freeze locked
01/29/2013 04:16 AMPosted by Aimless
I would have left then high and dry. Dont have one second of time for douche bags in my life.

This.

I barely have time to play and have fun. I certainly don't have time to play while not having fun.
just say: I can stutter freeze, but not perma freeze cos of ping rates, you can either find someone else or make sure you aren't total scrubs that die just because a boss gets out of freezes now and then
only play with friends.

I think of myself offering a service, even 70% freeze is better than no freeze. i can't freeze very good, my party mates still appreciate my service because any freeze is better than none.

Im with you. I play Archon/Freeze hybrid build... using CM to recharge the Archon/Frost Nova faster. Alternate between freezing and then doing major Damage via Archon than any of my Barb buddies. I find this more fun/interesting than the arthritis inducing perma-freeze thing.
@RV

I'm not sure that macros are better, per se....for missing key strokes.......until your hand hurts and you start pressing buttons differently give them a break, etc. Then you miss keystrokes, its not as fluid, etc. For short fights, I'd say they're pretty much the same.

That being said, I always use a macro just to save my fingers. Really helps for long uber fights. I have two macros, one with DS and FN and one with DS, FN, and EB. I use the first one if I'm a little starved of AP (beginning of the battle...after wormeholing, etc)...and then switch to the other macro. I usually hover closer to 45 CC than 50 CC....so its just something that I have to micro around.
When i just do these ubers i go with a weapon throw build and just stunlock them with weapon throw. 50% chance to stun is good enough to get the job done every time on a barbaian of course.

As a wizard you can be alot more useful than trying to perma freeze stuff.
Like how? Slow? :-D
01/26/2013 07:40 AMPosted by Shandlar
With 3.01 as and 55.5% cc, do you think that with say 50ms I could do better, and that 200ms latency it's really the reason why I cannot freeze better?

As long as you can get set up so at least a few of your twisters are hitting two targets

It brings a tear to my eye to read this. I try to tell every mage I know this....and still so many of them walk in between the ubers to freeze both instead of stacking them.

Val - if you look up my posts later, I'm talk about YOU :>
01/29/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Ryoka

As long as you can get set up so at least a few of your twisters are hitting two targets

It brings a tear to my eye to read this. I try to tell every mage I know this....and still so many of them walk in between the ubers to freeze both instead of stacking them.

i agree stacking is amazin but its not easy to pull off against maghda and sk, since after the first stack is achieved at some pt sk becomes immune so u lose that stack ability

i agree stacking is amazin but its not easy to pull off against maghda and sk, since after the first stack is achieved at some pt sk becomes immune so u lose that stack ability

Sk and Mag aside.....the other 2 fights are easy if u just stack the bosses.....i hate it when another CM runs in BETWEEN the bosses, thinking he's done everyone a favour.

Or when a Barb/Monk tries to off-tank SB thinking they've done me a favour.....by splitting bosses, he actually made it harder for the whole group.
I like to run in between the Ubers and piss off fellow CM wizards
- just get them close enough together to strategically cast your tornadoes

Sk and Mag aside.....the other 2 fights are easy if u just stack the bosses.....i hate it when another CM runs in BETWEEN the bosses, thinking he's dome everyone a favour.

Or when a Barb/Monk tries to off-tank SB thinking they've done me a favour.....by splitting bosses, he actually made it harder for the whole group.

I just type in caps in party chat before each uber fight what they are and they are not to do. I don't accept the event until everyone aknowledges in chat. If they screw up I commit suicide and make everyone start over. Yeah I'm THAT guy
Lol@Jellz. I don't type in caps nor suicide but I definitely provide instructions if running with randoms :P It's absolutely necessary because I've lost track of the number of people who ask which boss I want to go for - real cmwizzes fight ALL the bosses/monsters at once :P
Kule SB is easy if you position correctly.

You have to be able to proc off SB whilst still aiming at Kule.

I can full lock that uber fight in mp10 if I get set correctly.

If I don't the fight suddenly gets much more difficult.

yeah but with my poor latency (200ms) i really cant help it. Although there really are times that we kill em totally freeze locked

I'm sitting at 180-200ms pretty consistently.

Look at my build in my profile, it is current, and with the bubble up I'm at 2.93 or 2.95 APS and get the job done if positioned correctly.

I like to be underneath Kule and then have SB above him if I can manage it, that seems to work the best, but I will take any combination that puts Kule between me and SB.

With a 200K DPS DH we have 2 manned ubers on MP10, multiple times.

Sk and Mag aside.....the other 2 fights are easy if u just stack the bosses.....i hate it when another CM runs in BETWEEN the bosses, thinking he's done everyone a favour.

Yeah lol it's much easier doing solo. Other players, no matter how careful they are, usually distract the targets so it's harder for CM to proc.

But playing in party is fun, from a player perspective, not about effectiveness.
I just type in caps in party chat before each uber fight what they are and they are not to do. I don't accept the event until everyone aknowledges in chat. If they screw up I commit suicide and make everyone start over. Yeah I'm THAT guy

lulz
Eventually SK will port over to you when you are freezing Mag, so I just let random person X mess with the king until then.

My favorite is when I do get them together and X just keeps attacking Mag when she's at 75% and can no longer take damage. Many many people do this all the way until SK is dead.

So many people are bad at video games....
my plan for sk/gaga is pretty simple: 3 on skelly, i go gaga; one falls, distract, rez asap

i also noticed that it's not wise to damage gaga hard early on. yes, she will shield up, summon her midgets and even though you get rid of her midgets, she will still have her shield up until skelly dies. fascinating
1st Maghda, when King ports to u, dmg to King. When Permafreezing both fail after some time and Mag/King runs away, I go for Maghda again, wait till King will port to me, then dmg to King.

Over and over, easy method how to get them together.