The Economy Will Crash - Duping Up Daily

Wizard
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
01/26/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Aimless
I blame blizz for all this. I don't really care about ppl making more money than I - thats life - but I'd still like to be able to sell mediocre and maybe even semi GG items i work hard for.

Another perfect quote. Describes my feelings exactly.
01/26/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Aimless
Anyway all blizz has to do is purge all dupes.

Do you have any idea how many people would be effected by this? Alot of people have paid real money to buy items. Is it their fault if they were dupes? This is not a road Blizzard wants to go down.

The only solution is to fix the dupe method, and once that is done to release a new teir of gear because as others have mentioned, the current gear has been made redundant due to the influx of godly duped gear.

This won't happen until Blizzard finds out HOW the dupes are being done, and believe me I can guarantee that they are looking lol.
couldnt they at least freeze the dupes that are on the ah?
01/26/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Aphraell
This won't happen until Blizzard finds out HOW the dupes are being done, and believe me I can guarantee that they are looking lol.

Yep, that's the root of the problem right there. They don't know how its being done right now.

It's possible that Bliz is being silent on this to prevent the dupers from panicking and unloading massive amount of dupes in the AH. You know they have 100's of those EF's just waiting to list at the first sign that Bliz is figuring it out/taking action.
01/26/2013 02:59 PMPosted by SteelPhantom
couldnt they at least freeze the dupes that are on the ah?

What if you bought a dupe then either found a upgrade(yea right) or realised it was a dupe and don't want to be associated with it. Or you are a flipper.

Would you be happy to lose your gold or real $$?

I can guarantee most of the dupes on AH that are varying prices ARE not owned by the dupers anymore. They are being resold. Dupers sell at low irresistable prices..... for 2 reasons:

1. A quick buck.
2. Removes dupes away from that account asap.

The thing is they would be laundering the items through mulitple accounts by either using Gah, Rmah, trade or simply dropping on the ground.
As sad as it is, it is just another big fail on the part of this dev team. They make an online only game, to stop this stuff from happening, yet they don't put the stuff in place to stop this from happening!! I know it isn't something that would be simple to do, but it could have been done...
Give each item a distinctive ID, and as soon as the server reads 2 items with the same ID, they both poof!!
Yeah stackables would be a different story, but they could have made all that type of stuff super cheap, or even free!!
Even then, I know there would be people that would try, and maybe even figure it out, but they should have had a team in place to investigate this stuff....Soon as 2 items with the same stats show up, and they find it, they freeze the items, and investigate it's origins...trace it back and find the spot where 2 of them appeared....
01/26/2013 03:51 PMPosted by Vikesfan353
Give each item a distinctive ID, and as soon as the server reads 2 items with the same ID, they both poof!!

That sounds really easy, but I don't have programming knowledge either. But for something that could take away a huge part of the game (farming) you would think they would make that effort.
where's the proof that this is duping and not account rollback exploitation
01/26/2013 04:35 PMPosted by pabrt
where's the proof that this is duping and not account rollback exploitation

There is none. I believe its rollbacks as well. We still call it duping though.

Rollback = Duplicate item = Duping.
okay. then dupers can't actually dupe to infinity, because account rollbacks are limited. in order to keep duping they have to pay for more accounts.

most likely what will happen is what happened to asia, where account rollback items will become account bound
I find it hard to believe that people are having their account rolled back this often...there are items that have 15+ of them in game...Yes it is possible, but doubtful!!
no, not really
The economy will not die, people will still trade but they will only trade the best items, this will render the pvm aspect of the game totally pointless, which is fine with me since loot already suck and I have no interest in farming anyway.
01/26/2013 05:10 PMPosted by Vikesfan353
I find it hard to believe that people are having their account rolled back this often...there are items that have 15+ of them in game...Yes it is possible, but doubtful!!

I'm pretty sure each account comes with 2 unquestioned rollbacks. $40 per account and in 1 rollback you could make Billions....

They just have to buy new accounts - simple.
Are all items individually uniquely tagged??
Every transaction is uniquely tagged!

A 12 digit hex unique identifier gives you over 280 trillion unique identifier codes.

If you expanded that to 16 hex, you could use the 1st 4 hex digits to identify item type, staff, wand, shield, gloves, etc, up to 4096 different item types and then have 280 trillion unique id's per item type that could be matched via the transaction id and user and there would be no more duping as Blizzard would have a complete record of an items history.

Perhaps they will do it for Diablo 4. :(

Anybody work out how to beat a item system set up like that?
01/26/2013 06:34 PMPosted by Aphraell

I'm pretty sure each account comes with 2 unquestioned rollbacks. $40 per account and in 1 rollback you could make Billions....

They just have to buy new accounts - simple.

I'm pretty sure it isnt account rollbacks, Blizzard has stopped account rollbacks for quite a while now, my friend was genuinely hacked 2 months ago and he couldnt get blizzard to roll back his account.

Theres mostly likely a private dupe out there.
I know someone who genuinely rolled back last night.
01/26/2013 06:52 PMPosted by Aphraell

Well I find it hard to believe that Blizzard would be so stupid as to allow account rollbacks when they are aware that people are using this to dupe items.
01/26/2013 06:58 PMPosted by TasteDeath

Well I find it hard to believe that Blizzard would be so stupid as to allow account rollbacks when they are aware that people are using this to dupe items.

Until they get a better policy, they kind of have to.
I noticed today that I couldn't spot any duplicate listings in the AH. I tried selling a pair of bracers that were duped, but my listing didn't show up at all in the AH search and the copy already on sale in AH can't be bid or bought.

Did Blizzard adjust things so that only 1 copy of an item could be listed at a time in the AH or am I imagining things?