loot alert?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next
Third-party software of any kind is not permitted in conjunction with Diablo III. I would highly suggest you check out this blog post for further information.

Blizzard really needs to be less hostile against some of these third party programs, and should make contact with the people that create them, and organize a way to safely pass these programs out.

I am of course talking about programs as harmless as loot alert or other sound altering mods. Most of the time a mod is simply made for pure cosmetic features. Wouldn't like a mod that changed your d3 character into a dancing panda or something like that?

Come on blizz, ease up and start paying attention to your gamers. How have you guys not looked into 3rd party programs (mods) as a free source of game improvement?
so what about winauth..?
you were warned.. kind of... right?

You were warned when you first installed the game and read the Terms of Use. Programs which read game memory are explicitly against the rules and have been from the day the game was launched.

As the saying goes, ignorance of the law is no excuse. Neither is failing to read the laws - particularly when you have to digitally sign an agreement to abide by them before you start playing.

So if you really understand programing like I do then windows would get you banned(Programs which read memory ) Also as this program reads memory AFTER the event is would not allow it to be bannable other wise we would be in a heap of ssshhhhiii???? as there is in fact alot of programs that ARE owned and used on personal computers, that can and will read memory outputs which are legal. You also mention signing a agreement, not factual we ticked a box, which in fact depending on which country you come from, could be demend to be indirect information to full discloser ESP. due to age/race/reglion and Acts.
Hance my comments stand as to and last post DON'T RISK IT NOT WORTH IT....

At the end of the day it is YOUR computer and what YOU choose to run on it is YOUR right.As loot alert reads the memory AFTER it is writern then they would have no legel right to ban you in any court or under any ACT (remember this is only there policy).To and if they wanted to hold to the thrid party rule them windows it's self would require a person to banned as WINDOWS does a memory check at before/during and at the end of Diablo 3. Plus it would bring in question how they would know if YOU are using loot alert as it does not inject into the game but simply reads the memory output this would then speak of spyware or key logging.
So saying all this WELL even knowing I,M right would and has made me to afard to use the program when I look at the amount of time i personal have spent on D3 there's noway I would risk lossing it through taking a chance. And this is the factor that they play the fear factor 9over legal rights)well it's worked on me I would much prefer to just keep playing.
So my advice is DON'T use it I know I won't risk the loaded gun wil you?
Cheers
03/04/2013 07:35 PMPosted by UncleTwinkie
so what about winauth..?

I would recommend a real Authenticator instead, but you may use Winauth if you so choose to.

At the end of the day it is YOUR computer and what YOU choose to run on it is YOUR right.As loot alert reads the memory AFTER it is writern then they would have no legel right to ban you in any court or under any ACT (remember this is only there policy)..

At the end of the day it is BLIZZARD'S game and what THEY choose to ban for is THEIR right. As loot alert reads memory PERIOD they have every legal right to ban because EULA's will hold up in court.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
You also mention signing a agreement not fact we ticked a box in in fact depending on which country you come from this could be demend to be indirect inform to full discloser ESP. due to age.

Really... it pays to read the agreements, you know.

Except as otherwise set forth herein, this License Agreement shall be governed by, and will be construed under, the Laws of the United States of America and the law of the State of Delaware, without regard to choice of law principles. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. For our customers who purchased a license to the Game in, and are a resident of Canada, other laws may apply if you choose not to agree to arbitrate as set forth above; provided, however, that such laws shall affect this Agreement only to the extent required by such jurisdiction. In such a case, this Agreement shall be interpreted to give maximum effect to the terms and conditions hereof. Those who choose to access the Service from locations outside of the United States and Canada do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_eula.html

US contract law permits digital signatures. And the Battle.net Terms of Use also stipulates that the account is registered to an adult (not a minor) - or an adult must separately accept individual game license terms on behalf of that minor. (and if I recall correctly, an account registered to a minor in that fashion will actually not let a Diablo 3 license be assocated with it)

For a Blizzard employee to give an "okay" to a program could be seen as tantamount to an "authorization". And as previously mentioned, if that program (or one pretending to be it) ever changed into something bad... Blizzard's lawyers might have a tough time justifying closing accounts for using it.

Again, 100% nailed it and I totally agree.

I suppose people want to hold Blizzard to he same standards as they do otehr companies. Here is what I mean..

I freely admit that when I agree to a Terms of Use for a video game I don't read all of it, I just want to play the game.. ALSO I firmly believe that even if I did read it, I would not understand the more "Technical" Parts of it.. like I the Ram reading part for example... no idea that even happens.

Anyway, when i enter into a contract for insurance or some other service (more important or valuable than a $60 video game), I THEN take time to read the terms and conditions.. HOWEVER even then I still don;t understand all of the technical jargon they use and what it means.

What I do have however in these circumstances is the ability to contact the company and ask for a "lay-persons" explanation with examples. So if I change the Mags on my car, my policy labels this change as a "modification".. very broad and undefined, yet I can talk to the insurance company, give them the specifications and they tell me if I am still abiding by their policy, terms and conditions.

Blizzard does not offer this service until its too late.... this is why people complain.
03/04/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Drothvader
As loot alert reads memory PERIOD they have every legal right to ban because EULA's will hold up in court.

Non-specific additional terms added after point of sale. Sounds solid.

I love, and hate, when people try to have legal debates about video games. None of this is ever going to court. What would be great is if they just stated if they considered this specific program is bannable. Instead, you get the vague policy statement which contradicts their own stance on other third party programs, such as those used in multiboxing.
At the end of the day it is BLIZZARD'S game and what THEY choose to ban for is THEIR right. As loot alert reads memory PERIOD they have every legal right to ban because EULA's will hold up in court.
Wrong EVER person has legal rights. And as asked as windows reads memory (just use task manager would this then say you are ban able you keep missing that part)

You also mention signing a agreement not fact we ticked a box in in fact depending on which country you come from this could be demend to be indirect inform to full discloser ESP. due to age.

Really... it pays to read the agreements, you know.

Wrong age and many other factors aloow for full discloser learn contact management before commenting in the future.

US contract law permits digital signatures. And the Battle.net Terms of Use also stipulates that the account is registered to an adult (not a minor) - or an adult must separately accept individual game license terms on behalf of that minor. (and if I recall correctly, an account registered to a minor in that fashion will actually not let a Diablo 3 license be assocated with it)

Last time I look there were more countrys upon this plant then the good old USA again you need to read more about contract management.

Please do more research upon comments before commemting looks very un-professional.
And I in fact agree in part with you. You would be a fool to run it. Theres just no need to run it so play the game with out it and the way it was ment to be played.
This should not even be open to discussion it should end here I feel they have answered the question DON'T use it.

MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2[/quote]
01/28/2013 09:21 AMPosted by MajinOma
I could care less

The phrase is, "I couldn't care less". By saying "I could care less" you are telling me that you do care, just a little bit, that you are still able to care less. But if you couldn't care less, then the amount of which that you care is zero, and therefore you do not care at all.
PLEASE Correct me if I'm wrong:

A program that allows you to control multiple accounts with one mouse and keyboard is allowed....

But a program that alerts you that loot was not picked up is not?

No wonder this game has an economy rotting in the toilet and bots everywhere.....
03/04/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Waycooloz
Last time I look there were more countrys upon this plant then the good old USA again you need to read more about contract management.

And you really need to re-read the terms.

Except as otherwise set forth herein, this License Agreement shall be governed by, and will be construed under, the Laws of the United States of America and the law of the State of Delaware, without regard to choice of law principles.

US contract law governs the agreement. Guess what that means?

03/04/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Waycooloz
Please do more research upon comments before commemting looks very un-professional.

Not using proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar looks pretty unprofessional, too, you know.
Non-specific additional terms added after point of sale. Sounds solid.

It was there at the point of sale. Nothing has changed.

I love, and hate, when people try to have legal debates about video games. None of this is ever going to court.

See Blizzard vs MDY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDY_Indus._LLC_v._Blizzard_Entm't,_Inc.

That will tell you otherwise.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
03/04/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Third-party software of any kind is not permitted in conjunction with Diablo III. I would highly suggest you check out this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012"]blog post[/url] for further information.

Should we all go get the pitch forks and fire and head for the multi-boxers dungeon?
As I live in a different country and that is only a policy and terms of use I'am sole bound to the laws of my country.

Not when it comes to your contract for Diablo 3, you're not. You agreed to be bound by US contract law.

I have also noted that you still avoid answering certain area's??(windows reads memory or this be because I spelled that badly)

Only because you failed to read the terms, which explains the distinction.

But as I can see you feel so stroungly that THE greatest counrty (USA) on earth should have it's laws and companys within this country can and should be able to impose those laws upon others (including personal and country's) than really all my 32 years of training WITHIN this area must mean very little.

Nice job putting words in my mouth. As it happens, I am a US citizen (wouldn't you have felt like an idiot if I wasn't?), but I don't believe that it's the greatest country ever.

What I do believe - and what the terms make explicitly clear - is that when it comes to resolving disputes with regards to Diablo 3, US contract law governs the dispute resolution procedure. You agreed to that when you agreed to the contract. If you didn't want to agree to that, you should never have begun playing Diablo 3 in the first place.

If your country has laws which prohibit you from making those kind of contractual agreements with international businesses, you need to inform Blizzard of this immediately, so that they can sever that inapplicable contract (and, of course, permanently terminate your account).

If your country has no such laws... guess what? You've agreed to be bound by US laws in this case.
03/04/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Shurgosa
A program that allows you to control multiple accounts with one mouse and keyboard is allowed....

Multiboxing is allowed. But a program that controls 4 accounts at the same time in perfect synchronization is not allowed. There is legal multiboxing, and bannable multiboxing.

This is a very tricky topic to address, because there are quite a few different approaches to multiboxing out there and only some of them goes against our Terms of Use.

Playing 1 character with 1 screen while the other 3 characters follow your exact move and duplicate your exact actions while using loot alert to let you know when you actually have to switch screens to loot is BANNABLE and against Terms of Service.

You are allowed to multibox if you plan on playing each account.
You can't multibox if you play with software that duplicates all your actions for you.

Source:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5825582768?page=1#15
Third-party software of any kind is not permitted in conjunction with Diablo III. I would highly suggest you check out this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012"]blog post[/url] for further information.

K, please go ban that guy who streams multiboxing WD's now.