Sooo...Barbs forgot how to dual weild?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 18 Next
Wieldind 2 handed weapons in d2 served little purpose it only gave end game barbs another choice berserker axe or colossus blade (maybe colossus sword in ladder with Death runeword). Their 1 handed damage was equalled to their 1 handed counterparts.

D3 has mighty weapons so you have the extra choice and it would need some senseless extra programing. Nothing more is needed to say imho.
12% lifesteal and 600 Crit Damage will be nice. Fk other classes.
This is too funny! It's not useless information to have someone point out, along with your own self affirmation, that your attention span is very limited and you change your mind a lot. So....why would anyone one want to listen to your BS:) - Other then fellow Barbs who've completely conquered this game arleady and are WAAAAAAAHHH!ing on the forums.

Yeah, I do feel better now, thanks!

Thanks for the paragraph brahhh.

01/28/2013 01:03 AMPosted by Japhasca
A minority of Metroid games explain why Samus starts without the upgrades of the previous game. The rest just make it happen without reason.

You start out with upgrades but then you lose them, then progressively through the game you gain everything back.

Phazon Mines for example, you get the phazon suit back, and all the proper beams you need.

And in Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, you actually start out with more, and lose less at the beginning. You only lose the grapple beam, and power ball bomb at the beginning of echoes. So the relation to it remains moot. Oh and the Space Boots.

Metroid Prime 3 would be the best relation because its the most dumbed down version of the prime series, go figure, Metroid Prime 3 closely relates to Diablo 3 in a sense it actually has less features with attributes, and less customization just like Diablo 3. So if you're going to relate the metroid series please state the correct game.
have you ever tried to actually, you know, hit something with a giant tree branch that you pick up and swing with one hand?

yeah, i thought so.

thats why barbs dont dual-wield 2h weps anymore. there arent any bastard swords.
barb needs another 2 pairs of arms, this is only fair.
have you ever tried to actually, you know, hit something with a giant tree branch that you pick up and swing with one hand?

yeah, i thought so.

thats why barbs dont dual-wield 2h weps anymore. there arent any bastard swords.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

well, im glad you think that. shows what you know about fighting.

a bastard sword (otherwise known as a hand-and-a-half sword) is a special sword designed to be able to be swung and wielded with either one hand or two (there was room on the hilt for about one and a half hands, thus the name). it was longer but lighter than a broadsword.

there are no other weapons besides swords that can be optimally wielded with either one or two hands. and of the traditional swords in the game, none of them are designed for that.

a bastard sword (otherwise known as a hand-and-a-half sword) is a special sword designed to be able to be swung and wielded with either one hand or two (there was room on the hilt for about one and a half hands, thus the name). it was longer but lighter than a broadsword.

there are no other weapons besides swords that can be optimally wielded with either one or two hands. and of the traditional swords in the game, none of them are designed for that.

Have you seen the Barbarians Huge Muscles?

This pretty much negates anything that couldn't normally be wielded by a human.

Have you seen the Barbarians Huge Muscles?

This pretty much negates anything that couldn't normally be wielded by a human.

its not a matter of strength, its a matter of balance. take, say, a halberd. you cant reasonably control where that axe head is going with just one hand.
Not to mention....Hero's aren't human, they are "Nephelem."

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nephalem

You are correct.

That's my bad.

The barbarian, from how masculine he is, given he is fully muscle built, be able to dual wield. He's suppose to be a master of weapons.

I would even agree with a passive allowing this to happen.
Not to mention....Hero's aren't human, they are "Nephelem."

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nephalem

You are correct.

That's my bad.

The barbarian, from how masculine he is, given he is fully muscle built, be able to dual wield. He's suppose to be a master of weapons.

I would even agree with a passive allowing this to happen.

again, its not the barbarian. its the weapons. In order to hit something with only one hand, he would either need to hurt his arms badly (which he wont) or basically not have any force behind the blow.

again, its not the barbarian. its the weapons. In order to hit something with only one hand, he would either need to hurt his arms badly (which he wont) or basically not have any force behind the blow.

What part of Nephelem don't you understand?

"The Nephalem are the direct offspring of angels and demons, with the potential to be even greater than both."

You have heard Zoltun Kulle talking about this have you not?

yeah. the barb is really stong. we get it. it doesnt mean he can get around this.

go outside (assuming you arent buried in 40 feet of snow), grab a big long tree branch and try and hit something with it using only one hand. then, try it with two hands.

yeah. the barb is really stong. we get it. it doesnt mean he can get around this.

go outside (assuming you arent buried in 40 feet of snow), grab a big long tree branch and try and hit something with it using only one hand. then, try it with two hands.

So Nephelem...Which have the power to be stronger then the prime evils, and angels.... cannot lift a log....????

i hope you realise that A: normal humans (in D1 and D2) were stronger than the Prime Evils as well, and B: no matter how strong they are, what im saying will ALWAYS apply. the barb will ALWAYS be able to hit harder, faster, and more accurately using 2 hands than dual wielding.
I dont see why they couldnt introduce a passive for it. Equip 2 handers although you will suffer some sort of decrease to keep it on par with single dual wield. Similar to what they have in wow.

Every game blizz has released has allowed barbs to dual wield 2 handers in some sort of way so i see where the OP is coming from
I dont see why they couldnt introduce a passive for it. Equip 2 handers although you will suffer some sort of decrease to keep it on par with single dual wield. Similar to what they have in wow.

Every game blizz has released has allowed barbs to dual wield 2 handers in some sort of way so i see where the OP is coming from

if by "every game" you mean just Diablo 2.