Largest chain of kills?

General Discussion
Or better known as massacre bonus. Whats the largest one you have accomplished and what MP level?

I was so stunned yesterday so I missed a screenshot, but I broke my record of 128 with 145.

I did it in pub at Rakkis crossing.

Is there anyway to look it up in my d3 files?

I didn't see the bonus either :[. But that is ok.

Just a fun thread, if you got a screen shot by all means post it as well.

gg
I'd like to know how to look this up too...

There are some situations that I don't think count, like when the black craps come 75-strong at you in Act 4.
178 in keeps lvl 2
Ya that does not give the bonus. Has to be during normal play. Act 3 is best for it. Usually the crossing is hard. I had 3 good mates with me. Late act 3 in the keeps is where I did 128, 15k exp bonus. But that was hell MP10.

gg

I'd like to know how to look this up too...

There are some situations that I don't think count, like when the black craps come 75-strong at you in Act 4.
3 days ago I Shattered my Record in MP8. I pulled all of Arreat 2 crater. 281 massacre Nad/rend/ww. Stringing together with Rend-ravage rune. Total exp for the pull was 5mil since it was a clear before that it was only maybe 190. Was a epic moment.

Don't know how to look it up but should be something like feats of strength.
The WW barbs and strafe DHs are able to pull some massive combos. My biggest ones are actually in MP10, stacking up for uber runs. You can get some awesome combos in Festering in the bigger chamber with the elite in it (forget what its called) due to all the spawning of skeletons. I've hit over 150 several times in there, and my last run I had a 244 kill combo. That's probably my biggest.
I did 151 in Inferno ACT I crypts on MP0....
Largest massacre I have is about 959, although I have a movie showing a 490 massacre...

This (the 490) was in the Forsaken Grounds at MP3, the 959 was a similar situation (four carriers nests, but not in the Grounds) at MP5 - would have broken 1000 but lagged out...

Made the movie for this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7416265004 - the guy never did come back with the money or the legendary though... Image is at: http://imgur.com/nIk3B
60 killed with one blow, 161 kill streak in the core level 2 on mp0
Now, thats just sick, with what char? didn't watch vid sorry. But what a run. I for one did not know that more then 200 to 500 monsters even spawned in one room.

EDIT Picture faked. Obviously theres no exp bonus showing in pic. Nice photo shop.

Largest massacre I have is about 959, although I have a movie showing a 490 massacre...

This (the 490) was in the Forsaken Grounds at MP3, the 959 was a similar situation (four carriers nests, but not in the Grounds) at MP5 - would have broken 1000 but lagged out...

Made the movie for this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7416265004 - the guy never did come back with the money or the legendary though... Image is at: http://imgur.com/nIk3B
Now, thats just sick, with what char? didn't watch vid sorry. But what a run. I for one did not know that more then 200 to 500 monsters even spawned in one room.

EDIT Picture faked. Obviously theres no exp bonus showing in pic. Nice photo shop.

He told u how he got that massacre so u could figure out why theres no xp ... generally mobs summoned dont give xp, bc u can just sit there all day and farm that. he did it just for the chain. doable, but pointless...
I have done a 194 massacre, but my highest death total in 1 hit is only like 24-26.
ahhhhh....cmon 400 +. ???

He told u how he got that massacre so u could figure out why theres no xp ... generally mobs summoned dont give xp, bc u can just sit there all day and farm that. he did it just for the chain. doable, but pointless...
Thats sick.

To bad exp chains are not scaled per mp, so far as I can tell. It does not matter what mp.

Could probably get away with lowering them 0-4 and upping bonus mp5 and up.

And some achievement for a large chain would be great.

01/28/2013 03:37 PMPosted by EGUFF2
I have done a 194 massacre, but my highest death total in 1 hit is only like 24-26.
958 chained kills, Act 3. The keep depth level 2. I can only chain this much with my barbarian.
I got a pretty big combo in the fields of slaughter on my monk. It was mid hundreds. Basically just kept cycloning all the mobs too me and they kept coming none stop as I moved forward.
I've hit 273, and that was with my WD, no less. I find it easier to string with things like Grasp of the Dead. When they get lowish, use Grasp and seek new mobs. You can also combo it with Spirit Walk. Sometimes I take the mana rune to keep things going, and sometimes the longer duration rune.

However, it's not really worth the effort (still fun though!). The kill bonus xp is minimal as compared to the amount you get from the actual kills. With the new 1.07 XP bonuses, it will be even further marginalized unless it's revisted.
300 at depths 2
Hey Kush - that ain't no Photoshop! As goose said, these types of massacres don't grant any experience bonus... I can put the video online if you really want to watch almost nine minutes of bats dying... In that case, I did it for the thread I mentioned - the 959 was before I realized that I didn't get that bonus exp for the bats... :-) Using a DH it's simple a matter of picking your spot, having enough dps to kill them, and a high enough mp that you don't kill them to quickly - anyone can do it, it's not really hard or impressive... It can be time consuming!

Crouton's is impressive!!!

Rumor has it (there's apparently a reddit thread somewhere) or multi thousand kill massacres!!!

Oh, and for the record, my highest with bonus is in the 150-175 range...