Wizards need Silence

Wizard
For PVP.
A spell that prevents nearby opponents from using abilities that that cost resources.
They can still do primary/normal attacks.

The debuff lasts 5 seconds and has a cooldown of, say 10 seconds.

Wishful thinking, I know. But this would make CM Wizards viable in PVP.
silence debuffs are usually a counter for magic users.. and thats us wizards -- so it doesnt really suit us.. more likely better for demon hunters or monks
Well, DH and monks don't really need help right now. I'm trying to think of what rework can be done to our skills to put us on more even footing vs other classes in PVP.

How about letting us teleport through walls... or letting teleport remove debuffs?
Or remove the cooldown on teleport since it already has an AP cost?

I just don't see why we have to be so penalized for many of our skills when other classes get the same benefits without any drawbacks. :-(
thats a freaking wicked idea, i would love a silence type spell.

for anyone who knows MTG, think a spell like manatap, upheaval or simply counterspell.

pop an ability to put all active opponent skills on their cooldown - oh yeah that sounds epic
Amos I play MTG too. We're on the same page. When you say "Wizard" in Magic, that means color blue which means counterspells.

I love playing control decks in magic. This is what attracted me to the CM Wizard build because you can just freaking lock your opponents down.

From a flavor standpoint, it wouldn't be out of place for wizards to have a counterspell ability, right!?

What kind of Wizard doesn't know how to counter a spell?

I love playing control decks in magic. This is what attracted me to the CM Wizard build because you can just freaking lock your opponents down.

Counterbalance+Sensei's Divining Top, anyone?
mmm with the xpac fast approaching i think we need to look at such possibilities again

divining top off hand source? lol awesome idea.

but no serious timestamp wtf???? mwahahahahaha evil bump of semi relevance is evil