Why Dex classes lucked out

General Discussion
01/29/2013 07:42 AMPosted by gd1
Oh it gets better than that though. The monk has one with everything, skills that improve dodge even more, and 3-4 seconds of neener neener (serenity).

I like to call it 3-4 seconds of 'Hammer Time'.
I'm sure they'll offer dodge on the RMAH soon enough.
"I have played mostly a Barb since release but I have a few hours on my Monk"

"I sold everything on my barb and played my monk for a month farming ah getting items for different monk builds"

so which is it kusH? you barely leveled your monk 1-60 and you think that makes you an expert on how monks play? put some real time on a monk on higher MPs and then come back with a real opinion.
Ok, but NO class gets more Block% than any other...its only from gear

Im talking about the 3 main stat defensive bonuses. Armor, All Res, Dodge

Dodge is the only one not avail anywhere else besides DEX!

A Barb can stack 800+ All Res w/o any INT

A Monk can stack 8,000+ Armor w/o any STR

Could you stack %30+ dodge w/o Dex?.....nope

WOTB? yes
Ok, but NO class gets more Block% than any other...its only from gear

Im talking about the 3 main stat defensive bonuses. Armor, All Res, Dodge

Dodge is the only one not avail anywhere else besides DEX!

A Barb can stack 800+ All Res w/o any INT

A Monk can stack 8,000+ Armor w/o any STR

Could you stack %30+ dodge w/o Dex?.....nope

WOTB? yes

Yes because a %20 dodge bonus for 15 secs on a skill with a 2 min cooldown completely makes up for the %70+ dodge monks/dh can get.
%70+ dodge monks/dh can get.

Can you give an accounting of the mechanisms by which a DH might reach over 70 dodge?
I have plenty of dex on my WD, and it's defs fun to see barbs stun me and then try to frenzy the hell out of me and wonder why 1/3 of their attacks arent landing.

hue hue hue.

before recent upgrades, i spent 25m on gear for my barb and he could do mp5 keyfarming with relative ease, doubt anyone can say it gets much easier than that for another class.

barbs excel at everything.

No barbs only excel at high MP's. If there's a competition on XP/leg farming speed in MP0 Alkaizer runs, with the same 25m budget, you won't be able to beat the Monk. Or even the WD probably... Increase the budget to 40-50m or more the tempest rush Monk wins outright...
01/29/2013 07:10 AMPosted by Kush
Having Barbs almost required to stack 500+ Dex to compete in PvP is insane! The way the 3 main stat defensive bonuses work now is broken. Please Fix!!!

Sigh. How about

1. War cry Veterans Warning rune. 15% bonus to dodge
2. Wotb- Striding Giant rune 60% bonus to dodge.

Still run Hi str all resist vitality. With just as much dodge as a monk. Learn some runes better before making a post saying Barb is out of luck.

Ontop of that.

1. Sprint marathon 50% Run speed
2. Wotb 20% run speed

94% run speed with gear. With all that dodge hmmmm Interesting.
01/31/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Abomb247
Having Barbs almost required to stack 500+ Dex to compete in PvP is insane! The way the 3 main stat defensive bonuses work now is broken. Please Fix!!!

Sigh. How about

1. War cry Veterans Warning rune. 15% bonus to dodge
2. Wotb- Striding Giant rune 60% bonus to dodge.

Still run Hi str all resist vitality. With just as much dodge as a monk. Learn some runes better before making a post saying Barb is out of luck.

Ontop of that.

1. Sprint marathon 50% Run speed
2. Wotb 20% run speed

94% run speed with gear. With all that dodge hmmmm Interesting.

oh but he wants all the dodge without having to change any runes at all.
^ and gear apparently.
Barbarians had their time and been OP for long time.
Now its our turn! :D
01/31/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Wtflag
^ and gear apparently.

I can't wait until he stacks enough dex, and then realized barbs are prone to getting dodge locked, and then we see another thread complaining about how dodging shouldn't interfere with the swing of a barbs weapons.

before recent upgrades, i spent 25m on gear for my barb and he could do mp5 keyfarming with relative ease, doubt anyone can say it gets much easier than that for another class.

barbs excel at everything.

No barbs only excel at high MP's. If there's a competition on XP/leg farming speed in MP0 Alkaizer runs, with the same 25m budget, you won't be able to beat the Monk. Or even the WD probably... Increase the budget to 40-50m or more the tempest rush Monk wins outright...

Exactly. The only thing that barbs excel at is in a lower cost for survivability gear at higher MPs. You can't gear a reasonably efficient MP8+ barb on the cheap, like we keep seeing posted, and they aren't the quickest farmers of experience, or legendaries. This whole "barbs excel at everything" is a load of BS.

WOTB? yes

Yes because a %20 dodge bonus for 15 secs on a skill with a 2 min cooldown completely makes up for the %70+ dodge monks/dh can get.

I am yet to see you actually provide a constructive post about anything in this topic so far.

All I'm seeing is you think dex (rather dodge) is too powerful in PvP compared to other damage mitigation. I'm sorry but this is a joke of a topic. Not every class can be perfectly balanced - otherwise what's the point in having multiple characters?

This game has been structured more towards PvE.

I also find it funny that you are complaining when you're a Barb. I could easily say Rend is overpowered, and say "what weapon throw with stun abilities?? But your melee, nerf it!! nerf it!!" "30% damage buff? Nerf it!"

Get over the fact that dodge has some advantages. It isn't by far the most overpowered / advantageous aspect of dueling.

Learn how to counter dodge (it can be countered) and stop crying.
01/29/2013 08:21 AMPosted by Kush
I wonder if the Blues think that Dodge compared to Armor/All Res in PvP is even close to balanced...

They said they never intended PvP to be balanced. Deal with it.