RD change in PTR (1.30.13)

Wizard
Only tried CM/WW.

Only thing that killed me was Molten bombs, and the odd arcane beam. Rd/Elec was a joke. Health wasnt even dipping.
So I guess now it's really feasible to drop EHP for more DPS?

+1 if it's true.
01/31/2013 12:48 AMPosted by Aphraell
With the current way RD is, Archon is going to be really really viable....

Archon was already viable w/ the appropriate gear and DPS, no different than any other build in this game. That said, Flux/teleport buffs + RD nerfs sure do make us MORE viable ;)

You freezer guys still win for pure irritation mitigation though. I've played to the point where the mere existence of every affix annoys me :\
Sounds promising. RD at my current mitigation is keeping me from stacking any more dps while using sns.
actually im not dipping my ehp as its nice to be able to take an mp8 maniac blow or molten bomb, but i was concerned my loh/dps ratio was low, no worries anymore. If u had crazy loh for current rd regime thats what id recomend dropping for more dps. As with this change the loh to dps ratio is waay lower.
01/31/2013 05:46 AMPosted by ximae
actually im not dipping my ehp as its nice to be able to take an mp8 maniac blow or molten bomb, but i was concerned my loh/dps ratio was low, no worries anymore. If u had crazy loh for current rd regime thats what id recomend dropping for more dps. As with this change the loh to dps ratio is waay lower.

My thoughts exactly. I scored a nice trifecta Nat ring that gives me 10k dps but I lose 300 LOH. Tried it on mp10 and killed myself on first RD pack. Probably more to do with the loss of LOH. I was saving them until I craft a BIS amulet with more LOH but it is looking like I may actually get to use it before then.
Yeah. Also, the main thing that's preventing me from dropping to 2.6 is low LoH return. If I can run with lower LoH requirement, 2.6 will be very sweet.
01/31/2013 12:48 AMPosted by Aphraell
Btw those who converted to Zuni, you may regret it, as the new crafted bracers are really really good. But you need to be able to afford to drop your Lacunis as a SNS wizard to maintain at least 2.73 AS, be hard to do that wearing Zuni chest and Pox.

My exact thought--I see a really nice crafted bracer upgrade in my future.
Dropping some LoH will certainly be nice. Even if it starts to make the game stupid easy. Where's the challenge?

All of the "cheap" AR/Armor BTJM's I find always have 300-soemthing LoH...and I like my 448 LoH. So I always pass. Maybe not anymore.

Same thing with SC. I always look for high LoH. Not anymore.

For that matter, it starts to make the 200-300 LoH that you find on rings worthwhile when paired with BTJM or SC.....if 600 LoH is what you're shooting for (~600 LoH per 100K DPS. instead of 800).

Of course, if I drop to 600 LoH and increase DPS maybe that'll be a problem. I'm right at the tipping point now with 900 LoH and 110K DPS. Of course, if you just have to survive it for a few seconds until the 10% cap starts to kick in,....then you're golden.
Are you guys actually experiences a drop or is this all in your heads?

There is no reason this should be effecting RD for us in any way. RD already reflects 10% of damage dealt, so the only time "Damage reflected back from the Reflects Damage affix should now be capped at 10% of the monster’s current health pool (overkill damage is not considered in the reflect)" would effect RD damage would be on the 'kill shot'

Considering those of us not using time bomb never hit for more than 400k or so in a single hit, it seems like there is nearly no change for us at all.

Say we take down a 15m hp champion in MP10 with 200 hits of 75k damage. Only the last hit will matter. Meaning now we'll take 1.5m reflect damage, but in 1.05 we'll take 14.93m reflect damage. RD has been nerfed by less than 1% for us, more like one half of one percent.
Glad I've been plvling my DH. She'll be finishing off the RD elites with a ton of discipline left.
I did a brief run in PTR yesterday. I met an RD pack and my health did dip a little bit, but nothing serious. Mind you, my dps was around 450k with SNS (that's some serious effective dps there), 750 LoH, and 53k health. So my initial impressions is that I'm seeing what Aph is seeing.
01/31/2013 09:02 AMPosted by kiza
So my initial impressions is that I'm seeing what Aph is seeing.

Not to step on anyones toes, but I hope this is a bug. RD doesn't need nerfed beyond being an 'on/off' like they already made it.

If such a nerf is intentional, and does go live. I'm pretty much boned. My entire gearing stratagem will have been for naught.
01/31/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Shandlar
RD doesn't need nerfed beyond being an 'on/off' like they already made it.

I agree. Once I had playtested SNS in 1.0.7. PTR two things became very clear : 1) Reflect Damage Minions no longer hurt and 2) Molten no longer hurts.. and well, that was pretty satisfactory honestly. My two main issues as a CM/WW wizzy had suddenly become not-threatening.
Ib4... cap at 10% of player's health. LOL.
Are you guys actually experiences a drop or is this all in your heads?

Well, I only ran into a couple RD's when I played PTR yesterday. And yes, I thought they felt much weaker. That's what I asked too -- am I just imagining things, or is it true? Others seem to feel the same way, so I think it's less likely we're all independently imagining the same incorrect thing at the same time.
im gona be doing some runs in ptr tonight, trying to get marquise ruby plan, i will post my impresions then.
Well that's still certainly possible. Remember when everyone thought the loot was nerfed after a patch. Players were showing statistics and more and more testimonies came out with players agreeing with one another. Only one problem, as a Blue confirmed, loot drops or anything related to loot was never changed in that patch. Players want to see what they believe they want to see and we are all susceptible to that. I can't test tonight, but I can start playing around with RD more tomorrow on PTR.

I'm just tired of DH always dying on our uber runs so I for one am welcoming any new RD nerfs :)

Now everyone tackle Shandlar!!
/tackle
Speaking as an Archon, I haven't noticed any appreciable difference. The effect is easier to see now and the up/down cycles appear to last longer, but the damage itself feels the same to me when not using a LS wep.