Fighting Act 2 Keywarden

Wizard
How do you fight the A2 Keywarden? Are you supposed to stop attacking when it spins?
I have to stop attacking when he spins or I die...
Yeah reposition so you're not directly underneath it. Make an effort to dodge the mortars.
I usually walk into the bubble and quickly freeze it before it spin, then spec blade dmg for 1-2 seconds, follow by 2 meteor and run away.

Repeat the above until it dies.
No you should wait for 1.0.7 where he's just a little b!tch.
Or cheese LL, which procs so well in the warden's missle dampening shield that it makes WW look tame. ;)
I love anything with missile dampening on my LL archon. LL makes missile dampening such a laugh.
easiest way to fight act 2 keywarden is to make a barb.

On a serious note I do have a barb and when I go for act 2 keys I use him haha.
I face tank til I die or don't die. Each battle can be 4 deaths long or none depending on how lucky I get.
you are at the mercy of your latency :(

either kite him
or
lure a huge mob to him, proc proc proc

either ways he's still risky
Get diagonally across from him, and pummel him from meteor.

It won't quite look like you are hitting him, but you will see the AP globe getting refilled by the crits.

It basically the same strategy demon hunters use.

If you get the distance and angle right, the act 2 key warden won't agro you.

^ This

01/31/2013 05:20 AMPosted by JellzRoc
I face tank til I die or don't die. Each battle can be 4 deaths long or none depending on how lucky I get.

^ or This

totally agree. act II warden, use barb. act III use wiz
Do your Act 2 key runs on the last quest of Act 2. That way you have Adria and Leah with you. They attract some of the mortars from the keywarden. Helps me out a lot.
ya i just run away when he starts spinning... run back or tp calamity the moment hes done.. also using deep freeze and dragging white mobs in for the 15% cc helps a lot.. found it to take a lot less time than jellz said method (my previous one), especially if he is really far from the port.
Im farming act2 with coldsnap, usually he doesnt do anything at all. if he spins move out and proceed when he stops.
Well, you can face tank him with LL. I was being a little tongue-in-cheek earlier, but LL is one of the easiest ways if all u want to do is face-tank the warden. The procs from LL are so much higher in Missle Dampening (much better than even WW) that you can get a better perma-freeze and a ton more LoH to keep you going. It does require having decent damage mitigation to still survive, but I can personally face tank the warden with no problems and outrightly often prefer running Shaggalicous when I'm hunting Act 2 keys (ie no Frost Nova).