BIS Item 1 TRILLION gold???

General Discussion
That is what it will come down to in maybe the next expansion or the one after that.Already the items are 1 billion+.Good luck to the new players, they would only need to play forever to get that amount of gold.
Stop letting the overpriced items on the AH determine what drops in game.(look it up)
If things keep going the way they are this game will fail.
Actually I don't think all the top 100 players combined can get one trillion gold.

You must remember one trillion is a quarter of a million USD.
01/31/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Wtflag
Actually I don't think all the top 100 players combined can get one trillion gold.

I bet they could.

Well, it's entirely possible gold might get devalued so much that eventually 100mil is 25 cent, so 1 trillion ends up being $2500, which someone has already paid close to that for that echoing fury or something right?
I was thinking a trillion gold is possible from the top 100 richest...then I remember muricans just have to be different and use a different counting system.
01/31/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Wtflag

You don't think there are at least 100 players with 10 billion on them? Furthermore, you don't think they are also wearing more than 5-30 billion worth of gear across their characters on their accounts?
Didn't know BiS gear was a requirement to finish the game

Oh wait... its not
anything needed to do high mp isn't mandatory, its all for epeen. unfortunately some classes can get there cheaper than other classes
I remembered someone donated 400 bil gold to charity, so 1T gold is definitely possible.
That is what it will come down to in maybe the next expansion or the one after that.Already the items are 1 billion+.Good luck to the new players, they would only need to play forever to get that amount of gold.
Stop letting the overpriced items on the AH determine what drops in game.(look it up)

1. Someone probably already has it or close to it.

2. New players can just find a nice item and sell it off to get in on the game, just like its always been. 10 million now is the same as 1 trillion if that's how the market is in a year.

3. The AH has no effect on drop rates

4. The game has already failed.

Well, it's entirely possible gold might get devalued so much that eventually 100mil is 25 cent, so 1 trillion ends up being $2500, which someone has already paid close to that for that echoing fury or something right?

Actually I think they paid three times that amount :D
Good Lord.. how could any Echoing Fury be worth that much? You'd think the BiS ultimate weapon would be some perfect rolled rare, as the Devs intended.

EF can't even have Life Steal + Base Crit + Socket anyway.. so i don't see how one would ever, ever be that valuable, even if it had perfect mainstat perfect attack speed perfect basecrit perfect +APS
01/31/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Zinqf

You don't think there are at least 100 players with 10 billion on them? Furthermore, you don't think they are also wearing more than 5-30 billion worth of gear across their characters on their accounts?

Yes, I think there are players with 10 billion gold on them. But I really wouldn't call Botters players. And No, I don't think there wearing more than 5-30 billion worth of gear.
01/31/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Eatlead
they would only need to play forever to get that amount of gold.

Or, they could be lucky enough to kill 1 mob in A3 inferno MP0 and get a 800 gazillion item.

You make it sound like godly items only drop if you're godly yourself.. -.-'
New players, heck NO PLAYERS need 1 trillion gold items. Stop thinking the best items in the game are the only way to go.
I struggle saving up 1 million...
01/31/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Eatlead

Players dictate the cost of GG gear.
Claiming the games future is driven around BiS perfect rolls is absurd.

It's fairly safe to say that 90% of the player base has never reached 100 million gold.
By your own logic the game has already failed.
Gear has been priced out of reach for the vast majority for months.
It will always be that way and yet we can still enjoy the experience.

I never picked up a ZOD rune in Diablo2 or a gg Windforce and yet I played the game for 7 years. I couldn't afford to trade for them either. I could go on with other gear but you hopefully get the point.

They said that having an AH factors into how drop rates are calculated, they did NOT say that what is currently on the AH (listed) has any effect on what drops in the game. There is a difference.