Who remembers pre 1.03 belial and azmodan

Wizard
My only regret is not being able to finish the game in Inferno.

Though, I will take it that I defeated Belial pre 1.0.3.....got up to Azmo and the patch hit.
I actually got to diablo the day before they patched it. =/

Oh man, actually i recall now, it took more than hours, but like days. I would try to join public group play and it was disastrous for 1) monsters not only had more hp, but hit harder, and that's terrible for a semi-kiting wiz. 2) all the people who did the public game were squishy ranged classes. barbs had no problem so they didn't need to find a team to help. Sometimes I'd load a public game, look at the team mates and shake my head - try again.

at the end I did it solo. definitely the most epic fight. Next was when i first solo'ed ubers to make my first ring
I never had many problems with Azmo. I think I only died to him a couple time on Inferno. Belial though...

I think it took me 4-6 hours of tries to kill him. I think I had like 30k dps and was using some blizz hydra build. Most of those hours were spent just trying to get to phase 3. Phase 3 took me maybe a dozen tries once I watched a WD vid of some guy showing how to avoid everything. From there it was just a matter of not dying to his whole screen aoe thing. I haven't gone back to him in Inferno since the one time I killed him.

The only time I grouped with anyone before I cleared inferno was right after I killed Kulle I had someone on my list ask if I could help kill him. Kulle was a pain too.
man i got it done in 1.03 only due to luck finding a good group to help kill belial for me (was an arcane orb kiter who got owned by that enrage attack)
by act 3 i found out bout cm and that was all she wrote as i cleared upto diablo with my paltry 18k dps :)
I killed him just a couple of days before the patch hit (archon to burn the adds, then ray of frost/venom hydra). He was insanely hard, and that's what made it so sweet when you finally beat him. There's a lot of things about the how the game was then that I don't miss, but the difficulty isn't one of them.
Beat the game on 1.03 with a sword and board spectral blades build. It actually worked really well against Ghom.

Belial was miserable with that build though, I switched to Blizz/Hydra and learned to dodge his stupid hulk-smash attacks.
Belial was the worst. Took me two days. Then I called my demon hunter friend to help me.
It was impossible to solo for me. Totally impossible.

I got stucked for one month to beat Belial, I almost gave up playing this game.
Managed to find a party with an awesome barb and an almost always-dead dh with high dps. Damn good fight. NEVER played him again until mp came out.

I thought I was to get stuckd on Ghom too, but the party was greatly helped by a grenadier tankish DH with insane ehp. That was fun.
I cleared up to D by May 28th, and then killed D the 30th, a day after 1.02 went live. Solo'd all the bosses. Belial took a long time, but you learn to dodge every attack (I got every Belial achievement other than the breath one - I DS'd that every time) and just let venom hydra kill. I think D was harder, his fireball attack was a !@#$% to dodge, and usually meant death. Also at that point, I didn't know touching edges made him tele to you =P.

Edit: Oh and Azmo has always been a complete joke. Probably the only boss I 1 shotted. Also Rakanoth was ridiculous, the only way I could kill him was to enter the fight with below 20-25% hp (don't remember what was required then) with Familiar - Ancient Guardian to soak every teleport, and then wormhole to the other side of the map so he wouldn't cast his minions. Good times.
I cleared up to D by May 28th, and then killed D the 30th, a day after 1.02 went live. Solo'd all the bosses. Belial took a long time, but you learn to dodge every attack (I got every Belial achievement other than the breath one - I DS'd that every time) and just let venom hydra kill. I think D was harder, his fireball attack was a !@#$% to dodge, and usually meant death. Also at that point, I didn't know touching edges made him tele to you =P.

Edit: Oh and Azmo has always been a complete joke. Probably the only boss I 1 shotted. Also Rakanoth was ridiculous, the only way I could kill him was to enter the fight with below 20-25% hp (don't remember what was required then) with Familiar - Ancient Guardian to soak every teleport, and then wormhole to the other side of the map so he wouldn't cast his minions. Good times.

I had to do the same for Rak. I actually found Diablo much easier than Belial. Only took me a few tries because I just equipped some extra EHP gear so his attacks only hit me for 1/3 of my life. Of course that was when LoK returned life everytime you recast hydra. With a 2k LoK amulet I gained 6k life everytime I cast it, so it was pretty op. Even without that I found him much easier than Belial.
02/01/2013 07:22 PMPosted by Loroese
I had to do the same for Rak. I actually found Diablo much easier than Belial. Only took me a few tries because I just equipped some extra EHP gear so his attacks only hit me for 1/3 of my life. Of course that was when LoK returned life everytime you recast hydra. With a 2k LoK amulet I gained 6k life everytime I cast it, so it was pretty op. Even without that I found him much easier than Belial.

Ah ya I didn't know about the LoK bug at the time, that would have been a huge help. My gear was pretty bad when I did it, had something like 15k dps and no loh or ls lol. It took over 30 min to kill him, and if I got hit by his fireball with DS down it was over. I didn't really farm for gear or anything either, just tried getting it done asap. Kinda wish I woulda ss'd my gear to see how bad it was.
I remember doing Belial right before they nerfed him. Ran it solo with a modified CM/SB build, you had to kite that like no other and make sure you picked up the orbs as they came. Missed a few key adds and it was GG.