Further clarification on 35%pvp reduction for melee needed

Brawling
1 2 3 6 Next
Barbarians and Monks now receive a 35% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel

this is confusing to me. Can a blue kindly explain that if this overwrites my base 30% and i only receive 5% more or does it mean than i retain my 30% while entering the scorched chapel and receive 35% more while in there. I'd like to know and if anyone that has geared characters that has done any testing on this subject can chime in that would be appreciated aswell. Please dont post if your just giving me your interpretation of the matter with no proof to back it up.
they only receive 5% more, it's explained in there too.
No, it is not

The note was there just to justify why barbs and monks receive 5% extra. It doesnt clearly say barb and monk only have 35% and that the 30% base is done away with.
01/30/2013 10:12 PMPosted by stromchin
they only receive 5% more, it's explained in there too.


Incorrect. The 35% is an additional 35% while in the Scorched Chapel.
01/30/2013 10:19 PMPosted by Coolcoollo
they only receive 5% more, it's explained in there too.


Incorrect. The 35% is an additional 35% while in the Scorched Chapel.


how did you reach this conclusion? Is this just your interpretation of the notes? Im not trying to flame anyone i just need facts to support the patch notes
I played a lot pvp b4 this Patch and now After the Patch . And i don't feel that i can take more Hits. So i would say is just a 5% Bonus.
Need a Blue post..
It clearly says 5% in the patch notes....
Here let me post the patch note for you:

Barbarians and Monks now receive a 35% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel •Note: Barbarians and Monks are receiving an additional 5% reduction due to the fact that they generally need to be closer to their targets (as compared to Demon Hunters, Witch Doctors, and Wizards)

Now i want you to read that and tell me. Where is it so clear than i only receive 5% and loose my base 30%. The note is justifying 5% additional to the 30% that other characters are receiving. Its not saying barbs will receive 35% additional while in the scorched chapel and your base 30% just goes away. You offer me nothing more than your interpretation of the patch notes. No proof of any sort. If its 5% great if its 35% great i just want to know. Im unable to test the ptr, so i ask.
01/30/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Jook
Can a blue kindly explain that if this overwrites my base 30% and i only receive 5% more or does it mean than i retain my 30% while entering the scorched chapel and receive 35% more while in there.


Totally understandable question. Barbarians and Monks are only receiving an additional 5% reduction while in the Scorched Chapel (on top of the 30% reduction they already have), for a total of 35%.

I can reword the patch note to something like:

  • Barbarians and Monks now receive an additional 5% damage reduction (in addition to the 30% they already receive, for a total of 35%) while in the Scorched Chapel


That a little more clear?
01/30/2013 10:58 PMPosted by Jook
It clearly says 5% in the patch notes....


Here let me post the patch note for you:

Barbarians and Monks now receive a 35% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel •Note: Barbarians and Monks are receiving an additional 5% reduction due to the fact that they generally need to be closer to their targets (as compared to Demon Hunters, Witch Doctors, and Wizards)


Now i want you to read that and tell me. Where is it so clear than i only receive 5% and loose my base 30%. The note is justifying 5% additional to the 30% that other characters are receiving. Its not saying barbs will receive 35% additional while in the scorched chapel and your base 30% just goes away.

You offer me nothing more than your interpretation of the patch notes. No proof of any sort. If its 5% great if its 35% great i just want to know. Im unable to test the ptr, so i ask.


The patch notes clearly state 35%, and the word "additional" is no where in there.

Not surprisingly, 35% falls in line with what players are experiencing on the PTR.
Yes it is. Thank you for clearing that up.
yeah
01/30/2013 11:06 PMPosted by Jook
Yes it is. Thank you for clearing that up.


Cool. :) I'll make the change once I'm back in the office.
01/30/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
Can a blue kindly explain that if this overwrites my base 30% and i only receive 5% more or does it mean than i retain my 30% while entering the scorched chapel and receive 35% more while in there.


Totally understandable question. Barbarians and Monks are only receiving an additional 5% reduction while in the Scorched Chapel (on top of the 30% reduction they already have), for a total of 35%.

I can reword the patch note to something like:

  • Barbarians and Monks now receive an additional 5% damage reduction (in addition to the 30% they already receive, for a total of 35%) while in the Scorched Chapel


That a little more clear?


Is that fair? Only5%?
Doesnt make any sense......Barbs/Monks get 30 against PVE b/c they have to get close....but in PVP all teh classes basically has the same reduc? How does that even make sense?
Hence weapon throw for barb in pvp is OP. lol

I hate that pvp build. Ranged damage advantage plus damage reduction advantage.
Essentially monks and barbs are using ranged attacks as their best dps attacks, wave of light, rend. I dont get why they get an extra dmg reduction when clearly it should be a all classes wide reduction. How is a dh ever going to survive any other dh's one shot? As a wizard I have over 1mill eHP and I often can't survive one shots from the top players. Failed...
  • Barbarians and Monks now receive an additional 5% damage reduction (in addition to the 30% they already receive, for a total of 35%) while in the Scorched Chapel



Now I'm 5% more unkillable than before!
  • Barbarians and Monks now receive an additional 5% damage reduction (in addition to the 30% they already receive, for a total of 35%) while in the Scorched Chapel



Now I'm 5% more unkillable than before!


thats the way i look at it
I think the damage reduce should be increased to 50%.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum