Further clarification on 35%pvp reduction for melee needed

Brawling
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Lets up monks in next test patch, by increasin all his dmg by 39999999%?
All classes should be buffed differently. By spliting all melee into a certain group and all ranged into a certain group you leave room for builds to slip through the cracks.

This game will never get balanced until they attach defensive modifiers to the actual abilities players select.

For example, throw barbs get a defensive nerf while melee wizards get a defensive buff.

Having a blanket % damage reduction isn't the answer. This is a per build/ per ability balance not per class.
01/30/2013 11:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
Yes it is. Thank you for clearing that up.

Cool. :) I'll make the change once I'm back in the office.

Were you out partying baby girl? Posting so late, hit me up if you need some face kisses. I got a dope demon hunter ill slay demons for you. Call me maybe?
PVP is a quick wham bam thank you ma'am

Little room for skill or even a false sense of skill.
can you tell me how can a wizard now win against a barb with perma stun (tw) + shield + dmg red ? O.o
What a Jook...just looking for a reason to b1tch! Everyone else understood the patch notes...this isn't a legal document, its the patch notes for a game.

OP - use some common sense bro, obviously barbs and monks are not getting a 65% damage reduction! I think you just have a great desire to have your little voice be heard.
How can you still complain about it being unclear? If someone says "I'm 8 years old, but in a month I'll be 9", do you assume they will turn 17?
If this makes it to live ill be taking a long break. Just saying..

After all this is the reason i kept playing this game all this time, it was for pvp.
Hidden damage reductions are dumb.
Additional means less then 5%... think about it. say you had 50% reduction from armor and resistance and enemy did 100k damage this is how it will work out...
100k-50%=50k-50%=25k-30%=35k-5%=33.25%
VS
100k-50%=50k-50%=25k-35%=32.5%
As you see 35% would reduce damage more then 30%+5%.
Barbs should get 30%+20% to be more balanced. As they do not have dodge like monk or a dashing strike with no cool down.
01/31/2013 07:18 AMPosted by Aradel
So, how many this good geared melee class players in game? And how many pewpew oneshotters dh? Thats why 5% is a facepalm. On PTR is concentrated good players, barbs in pvp gear and u !@#$in cheaters range in pve gear...

Have you looked at the best barb pvpers play? They all have a ton of ehp/life regen + dmg mitigation, with many defensive skills. They all have good manuveur so sometimes they get to hit the other guy first with a throw or rend. It's not often they get hit first, except vs a WD hehe

So in that sense the difference between melee and range aren't so clear in pvp...
01/30/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
Can a blue kindly explain that if this overwrites my base 30% and i only receive 5% more or does it mean than i retain my 30% while entering the scorched chapel and receive 35% more while in there.

Totally understandable question. Barbarians and Monks are only receiving an additional 5% reduction while in the Scorched Chapel (on top of the 30% reduction they already have), for a total of 35%.

I can reword the patch note to something like:

• Barbarians and Monks now receive an additional 5% damage reduction (in addition to the 30% they already receive, for a total of 35%) while in the Scorched Chapel

That a little more clear?

It's a LITTLE more clear, yes, but will still confuse most people. You have to be really, really simplistic for the D3 fans to get it. Something like "The Barbarian's total damage reduction in PVP is now 35% (up from 30%)"
01/31/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Paz

Totally understandable question. Barbarians and Monks are only receiving an additional 5% reduction while in the Scorched Chapel (on top of the 30% reduction they already have), for a total of 35%.

• Barbarians and Monks now receive an additional 5% damage reduction (in addition to the 30% they already receive, for a total of 35%) while in the Scorched Chapel

It's a LITTLE more clear, yes, but will still confuse most people. You have to be really, really simplistic for the D3 fans to get it. Something like "The Barbarian's total damage reduction in PVP is now 35% (up from 30%)"

Lmao what are you sayin' bro. D3 forums are full of PhD graduates.
01/30/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
Can a blue kindly explain that if this overwrites my base 30% and i only receive 5% more or does it mean than i retain my 30% while entering the scorched chapel and receive 35% more while in there.

Needs to be WD/DH/Wizards get 20% Damage Reduction

Monks/Barbs get 35% Damage Reduction

Problem Solved.
01/31/2013 04:15 PMPosted by FeRMi
Lmao what are you sayin' bro. D3 forums are full of PhD graduates.

I'm close, only about 1 year left!
I have a question: why 5%? maybe 2,356%? or 4,324%? Its a bad joke... just like a slap in the face of melee fighters.

BOOM...i was waiting for it.

01/31/2013 05:18 AMPosted by WreckageD
Going have to agree with the above only 5% more DR for the melee fighters just dose not seem right.

Meh...lets try it first. Evidence and experience is a little bit better than Theorycrafting...
Well if you want to be technical, the 5% DR addition to Barbs and Monks is really ~7.14% (or exactly 1/14th) more than the previous amount.