Taking a break? Doing what with your new Free

Wizard
Hey wiz community,

I have been taking a break from D3 for over a month now. And was just wondering if anyone else has and if you are, what have you been doing with your new found hours of free time?

I found that to upgrade I'm looking at ton of gold and $$. I haven''t spent much on the RMAH but I just can't justify the "cost to output" for pixels anymore.

I have been waiting for the patch to release, hoping for something great to grab my attention with this game again. From what I have read there may be some advantages to some farming builds but thats about it. Not really interested in PVP at all.

Most of my time is spent in front of my TV watching NHL Center Ice.
I find that the best way to break up the tedium is to have a series of games that I rotate my time with. I will play Diablo 3 for weeks on end, then go play LoL for weeks, DotA2 for a couple of days, try some new games, read a book, and then end up right back at D3.

More frequently I spend some time doing a bit of everything each night. Last night alone I played PoE, D3, LoL, and read a bit before bed.
1. Go out for a drink with friends

2. Catch up on "optional" work-related tasks

3. Write stories

4. Catch up on movies

5. Catch up on books

Though I kind of do all of the above even when I do play, I just don't play as often.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I still play for a few hours every weekend though
I've been able to work on my computer rig, cleaned up my computer room, hooked up a new A/V system for my kids in the den, hooked up a Wii U.

Next up is cleaning my garage.
01/31/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Junger
Next up is cleaning my garage.

Thats the worst... I'll save that for the Spring. Too cold right now.
This is what I do with my free time.
01/31/2013 07:16 AMPosted by KillerElite
This is what I do with my free time.

+1
01/31/2013 05:45 AMPosted by Thanatos
I have been taking a break from D3 for over a month now

Me too. Catching up on reading, a few shows, projects, etc.
@jenpeezey

Are you going to pick back up after the patch?
01/31/2013 06:17 AMPosted by TheEnzVolta
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I still play for a few hours every weekend though

Check out my monks name
I'm playing other games. have like 20 games in my steam account i have not even played.

Did Portal 2 in like a day. Fun as hell.
Playing Path of Exile for ARPG
Also playing Mass Effect 3 rn at same time.

I go to school and post here when not playing games.

I dont watch tv or go out with friends. Going out is expensive.
01/31/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Thanatos
Are you going to pick back up after the patch?

Gee, I don't know yet. I was thinking of playing a new game. Less grindy, less frustrating.

You know, it also depends on what Blizzard is going to do with wizards. They have made comments about how wizards' lack of skill synergy needed work, but there has been no communication about it since then. Seriously, they need to sit down and work up an action plan.