New set,legends, Shields needed/build-diversity

General Discussion
Pretty much. Only thing I think would maybe be having some more variety in shields. and there affixes even amount blocked. Something to rival a Stormshield is really needed. So there can be more build diversity and maybe even classes like a DH, WD, or Wizz wanting to use a shield id love to see.

Maybe a shield like the Tower Shield in d2.
Have it be a set shield with.

50-100dmg added.
33-38%block
4500-7000dmg blocked
4 random stats
Melee and ranged reductions 8%
socket. chance to roll ( 2 sockets) like manti- Make it Unique
Skill bonus random can roll any class

This shield I just put together gave me goose bumps. Why there isn't more selection at end gear for shields hinders build diversity. This shield has everything you would want and from a dps perspective with the added damage a wiz, or WD might consider it for there build. This would be awesome. Along with hi block and more blocked could really benefit the game.

Man I would love to see some variety and something like this could be game changing in creating new builds. This is really needed I feel.
i like the idea of shields having multiple sockets, heck even 4 would make them more worthwhile.

if they get a damage buff block so should storm shield. otherwise all shields will be useless otehr than the new uber shield.

possibly increasing the damage negation ratio for all shields would be a place to start. this game is depressing because there is an illusion "devs care, we listen" when they keep focusing on micro improvements to the game to make a few small changes instead of a complete overhaul to everything to "Get betteR". everything needs to get better that isnt crit focused.

why didnt they just name the game diablo 3 critical hit addition? its silly.
i like the idea of shields having multiple sockets, heck even 4 would make them more worthwhile. if they get a damage buff block so should storm shield. otherwise all shields will be useless otehr than the new uber shield. possibly increasing the damage negation ratio for all shields would be a place to start. this game is depressing because there is an illusion "devs care, we listen" when they keep focusing on micro improvements to the game to make a few small changes instead of a complete overhaul to everything to "Get betteR". everything needs to get better that isnt crit focused.why didnt they just name the game diablo 3 critical hit addition? its silly.

Pretty much agree with what you said. A 2 socket helm. 3-4 socket shield. Variety. Heck even have gems do different things like in your post. maybe even have another gem completely ohh wait- Diamonds. all resist in shields. There are so many possibilities its endless with just what we have stated that could open up game changing builds.