dying constantly at mp8, pushed too much?

Barbarian
Hi guys,
I am not sure what is wrong here but I am dying constantly in act 3 mp8. Elites seem to take away a big chunk of my hp at one go, even though my defense and HP seems to be quite ample.

Did I try to push too much by doing mp8? I want to farm higher MP because its more fun and the bonus items seem to be quite substantial. But dying is not part of the plan. Anyone has any tip for me? Lower to what mp? or gear/skill change, I am open to suggestions. Will appreciate it. Thanks
u need more lifesteal bro at least 6%, but 8-9% is much more comfortable. having 3%ls with only 98k dmg is nearly impossible for higher mp
@ OP

might as well get a skorn for rend+hota built.
Do the WW build and drop to MP6 or 7. The mobility of WW helps keep you alive and you will actually get some benefit from your LoH. MP8 is pretty ambitious with your gear more because your DPS is low than because of your mitigation. Lower MP will be more fun and net more drops.
02/02/2013 06:23 AMPosted by Nived
u need more lifesteal bro at least 6%, but 8-9% is much more comfortable. having 3%ls with only 98k dmg is nearly impossible for higher mp

I have 2.5% more my main hand, so its about 5.5%. Not sure if that's too low? And I am using the LS rune on Rend also. Is that still too low? thx
02/02/2013 06:51 AMPosted by VeePow
Do the WW build and drop to MP6 or 7. The mobility of WW helps keep you alive and you will actually get some benefit from your LoH. MP8 is pretty ambitious with your gear more because your DPS is low than because of your mitigation. Lower MP will be more fun and net more drops.

I understand that Mp0 actually gives the best legendary drop rates. But after farming mp0 for one week and getting only 2 legendary, I want to try higher mp now. Btw, I did that on my wiz, leveled up like 2-3 levels. So 2 legendaries is pathetic.
Anyway yeah, I will try going back to MP6-7 and see how it goes. Any suggestion for DPS boost? :D
Get an additional 9% ias on your gear and if you are running WW build... 24% movement speed is a must... to which you have 0. You can go IC boots with innas/lacuni but your survivability (eHP) needs to be moved more to your other gear then.

I would just read PhatPho's article or UberJager's thread for gearing WW build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593621248
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592639226
I don't agree that life steal more than 3% is necessary, given that you have decent output. HoTA crit hit could give me sufficient life steal to sustain in mp8+, given that you can almost always get crit hit. In order to do that, 50% CC from gears and passive should be sufficient.

50 from gears + passive
10 from overpower:killing spree
3 from battle rage:into the fray
10 from WoTB
23 from 115 full fury (HoTA)

Total: 96

BTW, there are threads talking about cc cap which is 93 if my memory is correct.
@ofgortens
a 4.5 crit lacuni with 60 AR will cost me 80mil. There is a little DPS boost (2k)but also, i would loose 100 vit. So not sure if I should go for it. And oh, I have a IK boots in my chest. So I can always use it for the 12% speed so I want to play WW build.

@ßlwøød
I realized that the problem is now my WOTB keeps breaking up after each pack of monsters, probably need more movement speed. Not sure where to get them though.
02/02/2013 07:26 AMPosted by ßlwøød
I don't agree that life steal more than 3% is necessary, given that you have decent output. HoTA crit hit could give me sufficient life steal to sustain in mp8+

You use a shield. The shield gives you enough mitigation that RD doesn't hurt very much, and your effective DPS is relatively low compared to DW so there isn't as much damage reflected. Therefore 3% life steal is fine. I doubt there are any high DPS DW players with enough mitigation to deal with RD efficiently at 3% LS.
02/02/2013 07:33 AMPosted by wujc
I realized that the problem is now my WOTB keeps breaking up after each pack of monsters, probably need more movement speed. Not sure where to get them though.

For sure DTWW has the advantage that even you are moving to another pack, your nato is still getting crit hit to keep your WoTB, while HoTA build just got 15 secs.

Posted by ßlwøød
I don't agree that life steal more than 3% is necessary, given that you have decent output. HoTA crit hit could give me sufficient life steal to sustain in mp8+

You use a shield. The shield gives you enough mitigation that RD doesn't hurt very much, and your effective DPS is relatively low compared to DW so there isn't as much damage reflected. Therefore 3% life steal is fine. I doubt there are any high DPS DW players with enough mitigation to deal with RD efficiently at 3% LS.

I have to agree with you that mitigation is important to handle RD. BTW, I assumed RD is the same as your output and considered as physical, if so, I got 20% reduction and it also helps.
HOTA build with rend i suggest you buy a str +vit skorn. Its not that expensive but improve the efficiency of rend.

Try Bash Punish increase your dps and also efficiency of rend and Hota.