DC death - I'm actually against fixing it

Hardcore
02/04/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Anomie
WhiteOwl, you haven't even beaten Inferno, so your I'm not so sure how much weight to give your opinions here.

WhiteOwl has been playing HC a long, long time. Look at the substance of what he is saying, and agree/disagree based on that substance.

When people have no playtime, and talk, and are wrong, they are not wrong because they have no play time. When people haven't beaten inferno, and are wrong, they are not wrong because they haven't beaten inferno.

In the sense that it is possible to *be correct* with little play time, and/or having never beaten inferno - if someone is arguing something and coming to an incorrect conclusion because they haven't experienced certain situations, the person with more experience should be able to articulate *why* that person is wrong, and not just say 'you don't have xxx elite kills/ you haven't beaten this difficulty / etc'. (Not saying you are doing this - I just see that a lot, and it always tends to indicate to me that the person doing so doesn't really have an argument anymore and is trying to "win" by bringing in irrelevant factors)

Yeah I post a lot less often in HC now because of this. I remember debating topics here early on in my HC career only to get these types of comments. My best HC toon was 60(10)...with probably 5m worth of gear. Does that invalidate my opinion?

On to the OP. I also agree things should stay just as they are. Permadeath is permadeath, regardless of cause, and that's part of playing HC. Granted a DC death may be a harder pill to swallow...but it's part of what we sign off on when making the HC character IMO.
People arguing in favor of DC deaths are suffering from a kind of Stockholm syndrome IMO. Yes, kind Blizzard masters, beat me more, I deserve it!
02/05/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Thominator
People arguing in favor of DC deaths are suffering from a kind of Stockholm syndrome IMO. Yes, kind Blizzard masters, beat me more, I deserve it!

Exactly! It's sad.